User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Abortion Amendments

  1. #21

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 25,145, Level: 38
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    8921
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    7,353
    Points
    25,145
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    3,062
    Thanked 3,184x in 2,265 Posts
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That would take us back to pre-Roe days, with different laws in different states.
    I definitely agree with you on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Not sure I get any correlation between taxes and abortion.
    Most people who have abortions have them because they don't want children for whatever the reason. Therefore it stands to reason that once they give birth, they'll hand the child over to the state, leaving the state with the responsibility for the child which costs tax dollars. It is estimated that over 600,000 abortions occur each year in the US; if 50% of the states do not allow abortion, that makes around 300,000 more births every year which a vast majority will end up in states care; over ten years we are looking at 3 million children who may be in states custody.

    https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm

    Some people will rationalize and say that the children will be adopted; it's common knowledge that even today adoption agencies are struggling to find people to adopt those children who are in states care; add 300,000 per year and the system will be overloaded. Last year alone saw approximately 59,000 adoptions/foster homes in the US; the remaining children are in custody of the states.

    Given the cost of maintaining the welfare of the child can be staggering, all of which the states will have to be responsible for. In the link provide below, there is a pretty cool chart that gives a breakdown of statistics.


    https://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/...e-and-adoption
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full.

    Political parties are all a part of the same hypocrisy.
    Independent and proud of it!

    If you allow people to use you as a piece of carpet, they will. -- Eugene V. Debs

  2. #22
    Points: 440,128, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    394854
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    144,987
    Points
    440,128
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,574
    Thanked 42,422x in 31,329 Posts
    Mentioned
    1685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    I definitely agree with you on this.



    Most people who have abortions have them because they don't want children for whatever the reason. Therefore it stands to reason that once they give birth, they'll hand the child over to the state, leaving the state with the responsibility for the child which costs tax dollars. It is estimated that over 600,000 abortions occur each year in the US; if 50% of the states do not allow abortion, that makes around 300,000 more births every year which a vast majority will end up in states care; over ten years we are looking at 3 million children who may be in states custody.

    https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm

    Some people will rationalize and say that the children will be adopted; it's common knowledge that even today adoption agencies are struggling to find people to adopt those children who are in states care; add 300,000 per year and the system will be overloaded. Last year alone saw approximately 59,000 adoptions/foster homes in the US; the remaining children are in custody of the states.

    Given the cost of maintaining the welfare of the child can be staggering, all of which the states will have to be responsible for. In the link provide below, there is a pretty cool chart that gives a breakdown of statistics.


    https://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/...e-and-adoption

    Ah, so because the government chooses to relieve the mother and her family the respnsibility and forces society to bear the burden, sure. Another case of government solution creating a problem.

    To the point though, in the case of California, there is a correlation between foster care and state taxes, but in Texas there's not:



    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  3. #23

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 25,145, Level: 38
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    8921
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    7,353
    Points
    25,145
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    3,062
    Thanked 3,184x in 2,265 Posts
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ah, so because the government chooses to relieve the mother and her family the respnsibility and forces society to bear the burden, sure. Another case of government solution creating a problem.

    To the point though, in the case of California, there is a correlation between foster care and state taxes, but in Texas there's not:




    Your point is well taken; I just think there is no easy solution to this either way. Those states with higher tax rates and those with low tax rates could possibly see a spike in taxes (those states who do not allow abortion). On one hand, the elimination of publicly funded abortions will save money only to be spent and/or possibly increased as more children enter the system.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full.

    Political parties are all a part of the same hypocrisy.
    Independent and proud of it!

    If you allow people to use you as a piece of carpet, they will. -- Eugene V. Debs

  4. #24
    Points: 440,128, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    394854
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    144,987
    Points
    440,128
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,574
    Thanked 42,422x in 31,329 Posts
    Mentioned
    1685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Your point is well taken; I just think there is no easy solution to this either way. Those states with higher tax rates and those with low tax rates could possibly see a spike in taxes (those states who do not allow abortion). On one hand, the elimination of publicly funded abortions will save money only to be spent and/or possibly increased as more children enter the system.
    There is no solution when the government assumes for society the responsibility of parenting from those who choose to have sex.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    gamewell45 (11-18-2018),Tahuyaman (11-18-2018)

  6. #25
    Points: 111,550, Level: 81
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 2,100
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    286173
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    53,349
    Points
    111,550
    Level
    81
    Thanks Given
    39,055
    Thanked 17,535x in 13,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    It is remarkable how liberals can read the constitution and find where it explains rights which it's text does not, but deny the existence of rights the text clearly states.
    If only our right to keep and bear arms was hidden in a shadow. The Leftists would be in full-throated support.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

    The Wall: If we build it, they will not come.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Tahuyaman (11-18-2018)

  8. #26
    Points: 180,672, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    261513
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    79,656
    Points
    180,672
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,116
    Thanked 30,480x in 22,798 Posts
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That would take us back to pre-Roe days, with different laws in different states.

    Not sure I get any correlation between taxes and abortion.
    I'm guessing pro abortion crowd will say that taxes will need to be raised to pay for the support of the hundreds of thousands of unwanted children born to the dependent class.

  9. #27
    Points: 440,128, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    394854
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    144,987
    Points
    440,128
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,574
    Thanked 42,422x in 31,329 Posts
    Mentioned
    1685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I'm guessing pro abortion crowd will say that taxes will need to be raised to pay for the support of the hundreds of thousands of unwanted children born to the dependent class.
    How ever did man get along without the welfare state?
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  10. #28
    Points: 180,672, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    261513
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    79,656
    Points
    180,672
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,116
    Thanked 30,480x in 22,798 Posts
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    How ever did man get along without the welfare state?
    According to liberals, life was simply a matter of survival of the fittest prior to the development of the dependent class.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO