User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Liberals once again demonstrate their tolerance

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I've seen others. Safety has. I don't recall anyone here really supporting them.

I think most Dems and even Reps, don't really know much about them or what they stand for.

Their political views don't align with mine or liberals in general. So why they are linked to Dems is bizarre. It's not a liberals duty to denounce a group they don't belong to. In the same vein it's not Republicans duty to denounce white nationalists.

I've only seen you do so lately.

I think the reason many didn't see antifa for what they are is the media misrepresented and defended them for a long time.

Their political views are on the left. They're communists, anarchists only in the sense of creating chaos in the social order so they can rush in to fill the void.

Republicans--the right generally--does denounce racists. Trump denounces them, as well as antifa, in Charleston. I think we need to be careful not to conflate nationalism with racism.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-10-2018)

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Bull$#@!, don’t attempt to try and appear pragmatic now, because I have not seen any liberal support antifa here. All I have seen is them denouncing their actions and say how they don’t represent all liberals.
    You're too angry to respond to. I post what I post because that is what I see. One liberal denouncing antifa.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I've only seen you do so lately.

I think the reason many didn't see antifa for what they are is the media misrepresented and defended them for a long time.

Their political views are on the left. They're communists, anarchists only in the sense of creating chaos in the social order so they can rush in to fill the void.

Republicans--the right generally--does denounce racists. Trump denounces them, as well as antifa, in Charleston. I think we need to be careful not to conflate nationalism with racism.
    Look at any thread on Antifa that I posted in. I've been consistent in my views.

I haven't seen the media defend them. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I haven't seen it.

Their political views are far left and don't align with Democrats or mainstream liberals. They are also not a real organization, but rather a hodgepodge of groups with differing views and tactics...and yes, some on the left may see them as the enemy of my enemy and share the opinion that fascism is wrong, but mainstream liberals denounce vandalism and their extremism.

Republicans and the right in general often do condemn racists, but they also have racists among them that rarely are criticized. Steve King comes to mind. But some on the right don't denounce racists and radicals. I haven't seen much condemnation of the Proud Boys.

The president denounced both sides in Charleston, but he also said some were good people. It seems he was careful not to fully condemn the white nationalists without that caveat.

Trumps Republican Party isn't a racist party, but racist groups do support him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

Safety (11-10-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Look at any thread on Antifa that I posted in. I've been consistent in my views.

I haven't seen the media defend them. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I haven't seen it.

Their political views are far left and don't align with Democrats or mainstream liberals. They are also not a real organization, but rather a hodgepodge of groups with differing views and tactics...and yes, some on the left may see them as the enemy of my enemy and share the opinion that fascism is wrong, but mainstream liberals denounce vandalism and their extremism.

Republicans and the right in general often do condemn racists, but they also have racists among them that rarely are criticized. Steve King comes to mind. But some on the right don't denounce racists and radicals. I haven't seen much condemnation of the Proud Boys.

The president denounced both sides in Charleston, but he also said some were good people. It seems he was careful not to fully condemn the white nationalists without that caveat.

Trumps Republican Party isn't a racist party, but racist groups do support him.

Their view are on the left. Calling it far left is a good way to distance yourself from it. --I understand liberals are all moderates now.

The right has criticized King: Steve King accuses Weekly Standard of trying to ‘advance a Leftist agenda’

...The piece, written by The Weekly Standard's assistant opinion editor Adam Rubenstein, describes King as a lawmaker with a "very meager legislative record" who has said and done "indecent" things since taking office.

In particular, the piece points to King's endorsement of Faith Goldy, a candidate in Toronto's mayoral election accused of being a white nationalist, as well as King's support for the “great replacement” theory, which theorizes that global elites are purposefully working to replace populations with immigrants around the world.

...His campaign was criticized by prominent Republicans including National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Rep. Steve Stivers (Ohio) and retiring Florida Rep. Carlos Curbelo, both of whom refused to endorse his candidacy....
    Trump denounced both side but said there were also good people there.

To say racists support Trump is to argue guilt by association. It's not rational.

The left is far to quick to see racism everywhere but themselves.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Their view are on the left. Calling it far left is a good way to distance yourself from it. --I understand liberals are all moderates now.

The right has criticized King: Steve King accuses Weekly Standard of trying to ‘advance a Leftist agenda’

Trump denounced both side but said there were also good people there.

To say racists support Trump is to argue guilt by association. It's not rational.

The left is far to quick to see racism everywhere but themselves.
    Calling them far left isn't a tactic to create distance, it's simply an accurate description.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Calling them far left isn't a tactic to create distance, it's simply an accurate description.
    Without defining the left--and you don't, it is.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,973x in 55,600 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ANTIFA is indeed a far left movement. Coincidently (or not) the far left is becoming more in line with the main stream of Democratic Party politics.

+ Reply to Thread