Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,719x in 4,391 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    How many conservatives are actually buying this gimmick for their children?

All political groups (conservative, liberal, fiscal conservative, hard left) have their dim population. They have to be fed - at least for their votes.
    Apparently enough are buying these types of items to keep Keep and Bear in business.

Personally, when I read the thread title, I assumed this was a joke like those many varied Trump Halloween costumes we saw proliferate last year; that someone was poking some fun at Trump/supporters. Then I read the article, visited the corresponding Keep and Bear web site, and discovered they were 4 realz and thought to myself "Well that's a whole different level of pathetic."

Strikingly, it is not the only example of analogous pathetic I've noticed lately. For example, thanks to the fine reporting of Chris Hayes for MSNBC, I have recently discovered a site called Donald Daters (tag line: "Make America Date Again"; complete with promotional stock photos pulled off of Google (seriously, do those look like Donald Trump voters to you??)), as apparently there are a significant number of Donald Trump voters who are having a difficult time finding dates these days. If you find someone of interest, you can opt to "lock her up", or else swipe to "build that wall". Yes, this too is 4 realz; actual dating site, not a joke!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-15-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,369x in 94,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Apparently enough are buying these types of items to keep Keep and Bear in business.

Personally, when I read the thread title, I assumed this was a joke like those many varied Trump Halloween costumes we saw proliferate last year; that someone was poking some fun at Trump/supporters. Then I read the article, visited the corresponding Keep and Bear web site, and discovered they were 4 realz and thought to myself "Well that's a whole different level of pathetic."

Strikingly, it is not the only example of analogous pathetic I've noticed lately. For example, thanks to the fine reporting of Chris Hayes for MSNBC, I have recently discovered a site called Donald Daters (tag line: "Make America Date Again"; complete with promotional stock photos pulled off of Google (seriously, do those look like Donald Trump voters to you??)), as apparently there are a significant number of Donald Trump voters who are having a difficult time finding dates these days. If you find someone of interest, you can opt to "lock her up", or else swipe to "build that wall". Yes, this too is 4 realz; actual dating site, not a joke!
    Thanks. I don't follow the crazies. But then my ex-wife said that I was emotionally unavailable. Not caring about the crazies can be a virtue. So my thinking goes at least.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,579x in 25,136 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently enough are buying these types of items to keep Keep and Bear in business. Personally, when I read the thread title, I assumed this was a joke like those many varied Trump Halloween costumes we saw proliferate last year; that someone was poking some fun at Trump/supporters. Then I read the article, visited the corresponding Keep and Bear web site, and discovered they were 4 realz and thought to myself "Well that's a whole different level of pathetic." Strikingly, it is not the only example of analogous pathetic I've noticed lately. For example, thanks to the fine reporting of Chris Hayes for MSNBC, I have recently discovered a site called Donald Daters (tag line: "Make America Date Again"; complete with promotional stock photos pulled off of Google (seriously, do those look like Donald Trump voters to you??)), as apparently there are a significant number of Donald Trump voters who are having a difficult time finding dates these days. If you find someone of interest, you can opt to "lock her up", or else swipe to "build that wall". Yes, this too is 4 realz; actual dating site, not a joke!
    1. It's a novelty gift. These types of gifts have been out for every president since I can remember. There used to be a time when we laughed about them rather than psychologically analyze them.

2. "do those look like Donald Trump voters to you??" -- I'm not sure what that means. I know people of all color, income levels, educational levels, social levels, etc. that voted for Mr. Trump. Yes, yes, I know -- that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's true. Your comments represent the bigoted, bunkered and prejudicial attitude that is going to get you another 4 years.
    Last edited by DGUtley; 11-15-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-15-2018),Chris (11-17-2018),Peter1469 (11-15-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    1. It's a novelty gift. These types of gifts have been out for every president since I can remember. There used to be a time when we laughed about them rather than psychologically analyze them.
    2. "do those look like Donald Trump voters to you??" -- I'm not sure what that means. I know people of all color, income levels, educational levels, social levels, etc. that voted for Mr. Trump. Yes, yes, I know -- that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's true. Your comments represent the bigoted, bunkered and prejudicial attitude that is going to get you another 4 years.
    Right. The lego thing is just a coffee table book- something you never read, but leave out for guests so they think you have smarts. Or something like that.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-15-2018)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,719x in 4,391 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    1. I do both! (Hence the laugh smiley in my last post.) I mean there once was a time when someone like Donald Trump couldn't get elected president too, you know? I think we could use some reflection on that mentality in addition to finding whatever consoling humor we might be able to therein.

2. Oh come on now! You know exactly what I meant: the Republican Party's membership composition is 86% white according to the latest data we have. And of those who are the exceptions to that rule, you will find that they are mostly male and trend above the national median age. Aside from open lesbians, young black women were the demographic group LEAST likely to vote Republican in this most recent election. As of this count, it appears that more than 95% of them (defined for our purposes here as under the national median age) voted for Democrats. THAT's what I mean. Even the pictured examples on the Donald Daters web site are stock photos, not actual Trump voters who are endorsing the site. You can look it up for yourself if you don't believe me. Republican voters, and Trump supporters especially, skew old, white, and male. Everyone knows this. That is what I meant.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 11-15-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I do both! (Hence the laugh smiley in my last post.) I mean there once was a time when someone like Donald Trump couldn't get elected president too, you know? I think we could use some reflection on that mentality in addition to finding whatever consoling humor we might be able to therein.

2. Oh come on now! You know exactly what I meant: the Republican Party's membership composition is 86% white according to the latest data we have. And of those who are the exceptions to that rule, you will find that they are mostly male and trend above the national median age. Aside from open lesbians, young black women were the demographic group LEAST likely to vote Republican in this most recent election. As of this count, it appears that more than 95% of them (defined for our purposes here as under the national median age) voted for Democrats. THAT's what I mean. Even the pictured examples on the Donald Daters web site are stock photos, not actual Trump voters who are endorsing the site. You can look it up for yourself if you don't believe me. Republican voters, and Trump supporters especially, skew old, white, and male. Everyone knows this. That is what I meant.
    1. Trump got elected because Americans decided that the two party system is not just corrupt, but utterly corrupt. Was Trump at good alternative? Not my game. Figure that out for yourself. But for me, a desire to kill the establishment is a plus. Sucking establishment penis is a minus.

2. I have less than zero concern about the racial composition of any party. My concern is for limited government, states rights, and individual liberty. Give me my right to be a stupid $#@! or give me death- that is a call for less government control over our lives. Why does the left and right call for more government control? Something to think about I suspect.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-15-2018),DGUtley (11-15-2018),MisterVeritis (11-15-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,579x in 25,136 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's humor.

Attachment 24713

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...der-education/
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-15-2018),Peter1469 (11-15-2018)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my life there has never been a shortage of individuals that try to make a buck of anything this is absurd and just stupid. Having said that the think they are intellectual crowd has no shortage of low class individuals trying to make a buck off any kind of trump insult paraphanalia they can think of. The left certainly has the low road and the most of these entrepreneurs.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (11-15-2018),Peter1469 (11-15-2018)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,271x in 18,826 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put it into the column with that stupid song about Obama, some teacher was making kindergarten students learn.... which, by the way, liberals didn't seem to mind.

I'd choose to buy tinker toys or, Lincoln logs, instead, so my kids could use their imaginations and, build what they wanted.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Subjective. If there was a BLM toy soldier released for Christmas during the last administration, would that be funny as well?
    Why do you have a problem with that. It is it because Obama is black?
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

+ Reply to Thread