User Tag List

Thread: What do you think would happen if we withdrew from the ME?

Threaded View

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,987
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,640x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think would happen if we withdrew from the ME?

We no longer need the oil. In fact the taxpayers have paid to keep us dependent on foreign oil and oil in unfair competition with alternate energy by funding wars that I think all would agree were at least partly fought in relation to oil. Intended or not our actions have delayed alternate energy development.
    We have no right to expect the world to trade oil in our dollars and being dependent upon them doing so is a weakness, not a strength. In fact, how have our actions in the ME NOT done more harm than good to National security?
    We have proof that we really cannot "fix" these countries and that occupation is a fool's errand. We sell or give arms to very, very questionable people and we know that those arms kill allies , at times likely even Americans. Sometimes we arm enemies or potential enemies against one another!
    So why do we continue? What rational definable reason is there for our interference in the ME? What makes it worth the taxpayers dollar and more importantly what makes it worth sending our young to kill and die half a world away? What makes it worth creating two terrorist for each one we kill and piling up hatred and enemies?

Why continue? What do each of you think would happen if we pulled out, shut the arms deals and military aid down and stopped trying to impose our will while keeping better homeland defense because we'd be more concentrated on it.?
    What do we fear so much that we will sacrifice like this for the results we get?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (12-01-2018)