User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Adrenaline addiction.

  1. #21
    Points: 108,448, Level: 80
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,202
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    79757
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    36,699
    Points
    108,448
    Level
    80
    Thanks Given
    5,555
    Thanked 11,722x in 8,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Because Autism is part of who I am.

    I have normal IQ and very low EQ -- Emotional Quotient.

    I can not fit into most societies. Maybe that is better then fitting in.

    I know that a huge percentage of human communication is trivial, neanderthal posturing and talking for the sake of talking .People who will never "get together" flirting for the hell of it, a lot of talk about the weather etc. From a purely intellectual point of view it doesn't make much sense. I think that's part of why some of us like it here, the fluff is there when you want it but most of the time we just talk real issues and a little smack.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    Common (12-02-2018)

  3. #22
    Points: 100,395, Level: 77
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,155
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1253774
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    35,903
    Points
    100,395
    Level
    77
    Thanks Given
    16,022
    Thanked 11,999x in 8,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    I like arguing online. I like disagreeing with everyone. I disagree with Liberals on Identity Politics and Censorship. I disagree with Conservatives on Social Darwinism and support of guns. I disagree therefore I am.
    Perhaps I have never changed anyone's mind. But at least reading other's outrageous opinions and arguing against them gives me Adrenaline. It gives me more Adrenaline then playing Runescape.

    Perhaps arguing is a harmful habit. But the health damage is an order of magnitude less then damage done by Alcohol, Tobacco, and illegal drugs.
    Arguing online is not really the actions of an adrenaline junky.
    Attention:

    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

    That Is All.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

    Tahuyaman (12-02-2018)

  5. #23
    Points: 43,462, Level: 50
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    6976
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    20,548
    Points
    43,462
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    34,749
    Thanked 6,973x in 5,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Because Autism is part of who I am.

    I have normal IQ and very low EQ -- Emotional Quotient.

    I can not fit into most societies. Maybe that is better then fitting in.
    I'm ADD, mostly deaf, legally blind in one eye and I don't why anyone would be "proud "of that. Proud of what? I'm serious.Proud to have overcome things bit having them.

    Maybe I don't use proud as you do. I'm not snarking you but I don't get the proud thing.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  6. #24

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 307,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    329170
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    54,165
    Points
    307,757
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    3,488
    Thanked 8,372x in 5,263 Posts
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I'm ADD, mostly deaf, legally blind in one eye and I don't why anyone would be "proud "of that. Proud of what? I'm serious.Proud to have overcome things bit having them.

    Maybe I don't use proud as you do. I'm not snarking you but I don't get the proud thing.
    Two different types of being handicapped, he was handicapped from birth and lived it his entire life.

    You werent born blind in one eye and deaf, im not diminishing your ailments, Im am deaf without my hearing aids so I understand.

    Hes had to overcome something you or I never have had too. My hats off to @CCitizen you should be damn proud of what youve accomplished, I would be
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    CCitizen (12-02-2018)

  8. #25
    Points: 188,083, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    263277
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    82,959
    Points
    188,083
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,437
    Thanked 32,245x in 24,129 Posts
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    I like arguing online. I like disagreeing with everyone. I disagree with Liberals on Identity Politics and Censorship. I disagree with Conservatives on Social Darwinism and support of guns. I disagree therefore I am.
    Perhaps I have never changed anyone's mind. But at least reading other's outrageous opinions and arguing against them gives me Adrenaline. It gives me more Adrenaline then playing Runescape.

    Perhaps arguing is a harmful habit. But the health damage is an order of magnitude less then damage done by Alcohol, Tobacco, and illegal drugs.
    If arguing on an Internet forum gives you an adrenalin rush, you have a problem.

  9. #26
    Points: 5,194, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    204
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,044
    Points
    5,194
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    374
    Thanked 194x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I'm ADD, mostly deaf, legally blind in one eye and I don't why anyone would be "proud "of that. Proud of what? I'm serious.Proud to have overcome things bit having them.
    Maybe I don't use proud as you do. I'm not snarking you but I don't get the proud thing.
    Thank you for sharing!

    In normal world being Autistic is an impairment.

    For artists and writers being Autistic is a huge bonus. I wanted to be a writer.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

    Common (12-03-2018)

  11. #27
    Points: 5,194, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    204
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,044
    Points
    5,194
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    374
    Thanked 194x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Hes had to overcome something you or I never have had too. My hats off to @CCitizen you should be damn proud of what youve accomplished, I would be
    Thank you very much.

    In USA there are 44 million adults with mental disability.

    Thank G-d I do not have a severe mental disability -- like 10 million adults in USA.

  12. #28
    Points: 5,194, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    204
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,044
    Points
    5,194
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    374
    Thanked 194x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    If arguing on an Internet forum gives you an adrenalin rush, you have a problem.
    It is a stronger rush then playing Runescape.

    It is less destructive then drugs -- which I have never tried.

  13. #29
    Points: 5,194, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    204
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,044
    Points
    5,194
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    374
    Thanked 194x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Arguing online is not really the actions of an adrenaline junky.
    Stronger emotions can be obtained by drugs -- that is not something I will ever try.

  14. #30
    Points: 188,083, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    263277
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    82,959
    Points
    188,083
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,437
    Thanked 32,245x in 24,129 Posts
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    It is a stronger rush then playing Runescape.

    It is less destructive then drugs -- which I have never tried.
    You need to get out more.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Crepitus (12-03-2018)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO