User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Thanks in Advance.

  1. #11
    Points: 26,054, Level: 39
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    301554
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,404
    Points
    26,054
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,489
    Thanked 7,657x in 4,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    And website hosting companies as well.
    Are you referring to the Trump administration's opposition to Net Neutrality?
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions."

  2. #12
    Points: 3,873, Level: 14
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    150
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    771
    Points
    3,873
    Level
    14
    Thanks Given
    225
    Thanked 140x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Are you referring to the Trump administration's opposition to Net Neutrality?
    Which was his greatest blunder...

  3. #13
    Points: 26,054, Level: 39
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    301554
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,404
    Points
    26,054
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,489
    Thanked 7,657x in 4,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Which was his greatest blunder...
    While I have to agree that he's on the wrong side of it, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it his "greatest". But...off topic.

    Still curious as to what you meant when you said you hoped that Trump would "save Free Speech online".
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions."

  4. #14
    Points: 99,427, Level: 76
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78620
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33,421
    Points
    99,427
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    4,772
    Thanked 10,585x in 7,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    I disagree with most Liberals on issues like Identity Politics. I disagree with most Conservatives on Economic Issues, Welfare, and Gun Control. I disagree with both Liberals and Conservatives who support legalization of drugs and less control on Tobacco. I disagree therefore I am.

    Here I would like to address one issue where I agree with Conservatives -- Free Speech. Very few Conservatives try to censor, boycott, and deplatform those who offend them. Most Conservative forums give platform to everyone.

    I hope President Trump will save Free Speech online. But no Mortal knows the Future.

    Maybe at some point there will be the Last Conservative Forum left online. I am almost certain that most Conservatives will disagree with me, but they will give me platform. Thanks in Advance.

    The thing about drug laws and gun control is they don't work in real life. Drug laws make it worse and more dangerous for all concerned. Check out what's happened the past 18 years in Portugal . Having said that , here's what I like about your post.

    You are among the few who actually realize that you don't have to be all "lib" all "con" all "left" or "all right" or "all donkephant all the time."
    The biggest problem in America today is that people who don't think and vote lockstep are in a great minority, such as you and I , "E" , Peter , X1 and a few others .

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    CCitizen (12-03-2018),Peter1469 (12-03-2018),pragmatic (12-07-2018)

  6. #15
    Points: 26,054, Level: 39
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    301554
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,404
    Points
    26,054
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    1,489
    Thanked 7,657x in 4,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    The thing about drug laws and gun control is they don't work in real life. Drug laws make it worse and more dangerous for all concerned. Check out what's happened the past 18 years in Portugal . Having said that , here's what I like about your post.

    You are among the few who actually realize that you don't have to be all "lib" all "con" all "left" or "all right" or "all donkephant all the time."
    The biggest problem in America today is that people who don't think and vote lockstep are in a great minority, such as you and I , "E" , Peter , X1 and a few others .
    I believe that if you look at the U.S. population as a whole, the folks who realize that sometimes the Left is right and the Right is wrong, and vice versa - in other words, those who recognize that neither side has all the answers, or is even always asking the right questions - is actually the majority, not a minority. Those on the fringes, and those just in the game to scream at the opposition and cheer indiscriminately for "their side", make a lot of noise - especially lately - and certainly they make the news, but I still think they're the minority.

    On this forum, especially, I think one of the things that might serve to mask this reality is the mischaracterization of certain members by certain other members. Time and time again I have seen a member who expresses a traditionally liberal or conservative position on one or two issues labeled, pigeonholed and dismissed as a fringe partisan nutcase by certain other members. It's a lazy strategy, but one that seems to appeal to a certain mentality. The reality is that most of us have a mixture of opinions and are not so partisan or doctrinaire that we can't acknowledge a good argument coming from "the other side". Sometimes the home town cheerleader mentality just takes over and drowns out what might have been a useful and enlightening discussion for all.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions."

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Helena (12-06-2018),pragmatic (12-07-2018)

  8. #16
    Points: 3,873, Level: 14
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    150
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    771
    Points
    3,873
    Level
    14
    Thanks Given
    225
    Thanked 140x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Still curious as to what you meant when you said you hoped that Trump would "save Free Speech online".
    I am not a legal expert -- thus I do not know what antitrust laws may apply to Internet giants like Google, Facebook, YouTube.

  9. #17
    Points: 22,697, Level: 36
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Dr. Strangelove's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18323
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N. California, Sierra foothills
    Posts
    8,272
    Points
    22,697
    Level
    36
    Thanks Given
    2,622
    Thanked 2,084x in 1,699 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I believe that if you look at the U.S. population as a whole, the folks who realize that sometimes the Left is right and the Right is wrong, and vice versa - in other words, those who recognize that neither side has all the answers, or is even always asking the right questions - is actually the majority, not a minority. Those on the fringes, and those just in the game to scream at the opposition and cheer indiscriminately for "their side", make a lot of noise - especially lately - and certainly they make the news, but I still think they're the minority.

    On this forum, especially, I think one of the things that might serve to mask this reality is the mischaracterization of certain members by certain other members. Time and time again I have seen a member who expresses a traditionally liberal or conservative position on one or two issues labeled, pigeonholed and dismissed as a fringe partisan nutcase by certain other members. It's a lazy strategy, but one that seems to appeal to a certain mentality. The reality is that most of us have a mixture of opinions and are not so partisan or doctrinaire that we can't acknowledge a good argument coming from "the other side". Sometimes the home town cheerleader mentality just takes over and drowns out what might have been a useful and enlightening discussion for all.
    I certainly fall into that category! I have been repeatedly called; a kook, stupid, snowflake, liberal, a communist, socialist and worse. What I have observed is its mostly the rwnj's who do that!They try to dominate by HATE, FEAR and RIDICULE and mimic the president!

    I often vote Republican on state issues, and was a member of the Libertarian Party back in 1976.At heart, I am a CENTRIST and can swing either way.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. --H.L. Mencken,

  10. #18
    Original Ranter
    Points: 264,806, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    769533
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    74,073
    Points
    264,806
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    25,868
    Thanked 35,674x in 24,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    938 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I certainly fall into that category! I have been repeatedly called; a kook, stupid, snowflake, liberal, a communist, socialist and worse. What I have observed is its mostly the rwnj's who do that!They try to dominate by HATE, FEAR and RIDICULE and mimic the president!

    I often vote Republican on state issues, and was a member of the Libertarian Party back in 1976.At heart, I am a CENTRIST and can swing either way.
    Dude... you're an old flaming liberal meth head who lives with a homeless person who set up a GoFundMe account to fix the roof on your trailer.

    What do you expect from most people?

  11. #19
    Points: 22,697, Level: 36
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Dr. Strangelove's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18323
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N. California, Sierra foothills
    Posts
    8,272
    Points
    22,697
    Level
    36
    Thanks Given
    2,622
    Thanked 2,084x in 1,699 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Dude... you're an old flaming liberal meth head who lives with a homeless person who set up a GoFundMe account to fix the roof on your trailer.

    Just a bit of respect, is all I expect. I live in a manufactured home, 60' wide with popout, do you know what that is? Anyone's roof can leak, and a GFM account is not a disgrace! Next: We will disect your life!

    What do you expect from most people?
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. --H.L. Mencken,

  12. #20
    Original Ranter
    Points: 264,806, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    769533
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    74,073
    Points
    264,806
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    25,868
    Thanked 35,674x in 24,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    938 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This isn't Kalifornia, respect has to be earned, it's not an entitlement.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO