Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,310x in 10,922 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont believe its just Americans Politicians, Iran now thats a real scumbag form of govt and Saudi Arabia and Syria and Venezuela. Etc etc etc

The USA has one of the lesser of the worlds scumbag politicians.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-03-2018)

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,442x in 14,733 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This is obvious to most sensible people. US politicians are, for the most part, total scumbags who lie about almost everything.

And it's not like they tell little white lies that harm nobody. Their lies are often gigantic and extremely harmful to large amounts of people.

And they do all this in pursuit of money and power. Only a complete fool would believe the US political class are motivated by love for America.

But it's not entirely their fault. The idiots who keep voting these scumbags into power share a large amount of the blame. It is the cowardice, greed, and stupidity of the average voter that empowers these scumbags.
    Well lets call it a dereliction of civic duty on the voter's part. We were warned that the "price of freedom was eternal viglance" and somewhere along the line we quit making the payments. So our freedoms are being repossessed one at a time. Our government of the few by the few for the few is not what it was designed to be.
    The really sad thing is that all the information necessary to come to the same logical conclusion you and I have come to is just a key stroke away. Voting records, action and results vs. rhetoric, 3rd party platforms, corruption charges. All of it is right there!

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I dont believe its just Americans Politicians, Iran now thats a real scumbag form of govt and Saudi Arabia and Syria and Venezuela. Etc etc etc

Whoop there it is. The fact of reality. That which Ethereal doesn't want to mention such a truth. Of course Ethereal needs to get his dumping on the US off before the end of the year.

Has that mope ever came up with what country would be better for the entire planet than the US.....Yet?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

Is that a defense of supporting the donkephant? "Sure they are scum, but there are worse out there" . That's sad.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I agree with that for the most part. But I have found that it is not true of every single politician. I think there are a few and I mean a few who are genuine. I think it is up to us to find the genuine people, and vote them in. I also think it is up to us to remember who did what, we didn't agree with, and vote them out, and never ever vote for them again. Also to blast them publicly. Let them know we do not approve. I also think that they have become as corrupt as they are, due to our inaction. I think they want us to step back, and be divided, and give up, and not take part anymore. Because if we don't take part, then they can just do what ever they want to.

But we can use the power of our democracy that is in place, to make them do the will of the people. They are our representatives, and we must let them know what our voices and thoughts are.

This is a nation by the people for the people, but if we opt out, then it is no longer by the people anymore, it just becomes by the corporations for the corporations, and that is exactly how they want it. I believe we can take our nation back, and no longer allow corruption to be done in our name. I believe we can end this corruption with peaceful means, with the system that is already in place. They just don't want us to figure that out, because if we do it is game over for them.

Rand Paul, maybe Kristen Gillibrand are a couple of exceptions but there are not many

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Ok, most of what we vote in are psychopaths. What do you want me to do about it.

Research action and results vs. rhetoric and check out 3rd parties.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Is that a defense of supporting the donkephant? "Sure they are scum, but there are worse out there" . That's sad.
    No its a factual reality. Were you confused by those who are dictators and who they put in office?

Its sad that reality didn't give you a Utopia from the beginning of mankind, Right? You wanted to be born in a perfect world, correct?

Pink hearts, yellow moons, green clover and brand new Blue Diamonds.....huh?
    Last edited by MMC; 12-03-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rand Paul, maybe Kristen Gillibrand are a couple of exceptions but there are not many
    And, Tulsi gabbard my all time fav, and maybe Ro Khanna but don't know enough about him yet to say that. There are a few. I think some of them want to do what is right but they are stuck,and they are afraid to fight the corrupt system. I think it is important not to judge by party, but by the person themselves. It is just if that persons views and morals line up with what you would like to see in office. For me Tulsi checks every single box. But there are several people who have been pretty awesome lately. They are getting sick of the corruption and coming out of the woodwork. I think this corruption is showing us who some of the good guys are. I am keeping tabs for sure. I have been liking Rand paul, Ron Paul, Mike Lee, Bernie Sanders, and a few others.

Hopefully we will all remember who steps out of line and says enough is enough, and stands up for what is right.

But those who are scum to the core we should remember them well! Vote them out and never elect them again, because they didn't uphold their oaths.

Here is a link to see who votes on what and this will help to know who the scum are. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes oh and who the good guys are.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,615x in 1,259 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    This is all interesting but this is the system of government we live in. Actually you could call it society as government is the primary manager and stage director in this play. Is the show a good one that includes all? Anand Giridharadas does a good job of covering the complexity in his book and the podcast is worth a listen too. PS Trump is part of the game or is that blame.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nners-take-all

'Anand Giridharadas in his new book, Winners Take All.'

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/vox...how/e/56013930

"Here’s what we found: At least 187 Trump political appointees have been federal lobbyists, and despite President Trump’s campaign pledge to “drain the swamp,” many are now overseeing the industries they once lobbied on behalf of. We’ve also discovered ethics waivers that allow Trump staffers to work on subjects in which they have financial conflicts of interest. In addition, at least 254 appointees affiliated with Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and at least 125 staffers from prominent conservative think tanks are now working in the federal government, many of whom are on teams to repeal Obama-era regulations."

https://www.propublica.org/article/w...on-dc-insiders
    When the fish starts rotting, its starts at the head!

So what should we do? Cut off the head!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,615x in 1,259 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Gillibrand! She was instrumental in throwing Al Franken under the bus!

I would pick Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders

+ Reply to Thread