User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: US Politicians Are Scumbags

  1. #1
    Points: 131,518, Level: 87
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    454382
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    45,812
    Points
    131,518
    Level
    87
    Thanks Given
    8,668
    Thanked 27,106x in 17,203 Posts
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    US Politicians Are Scumbags

    This is obvious to most sensible people. US politicians are, for the most part, total scumbags who lie about almost everything.

    And it's not like they tell little white lies that harm nobody. Their lies are often gigantic and extremely harmful to large amounts of people.

    And they do all this in pursuit of money and power. Only a complete fool would believe the US political class are motivated by love for America.

    But it's not entirely their fault. The idiots who keep voting these scumbags into power share a large amount of the blame. It is the cowardice, greed, and stupidity of the average voter that empowers these scumbags.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (12-03-2018),ODB (12-03-2018),The Xl (12-03-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 16,878, Level: 31
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Infracted Member
    Karma
    19778
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,950
    Points
    16,878
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    2,638
    Thanked 1,739x in 1,219 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This is obvious to most sensible people. US politicians are, for the most part, total scumbags who lie about almost everything.

    And it's not like they tell little white lies that harm nobody. Their lies are often gigantic and extremely harmful to large amounts of people.

    And they do all this in pursuit of money and power. Only a complete fool would believe the US political class are motivated by love for America.

    But it's not entirely their fault. The idiots who keep voting these scumbags into power share a large amount of the blame. It is the cowardice, greed, and stupidity of the average voter that empowers these scumbags.
    I agree with that for the most part. But I have found that it is not true of every single politician. I think there are a few and I mean a few who are genuine. I think it is up to us to find the genuine people, and vote them in. I also think it is up to us to remember who did what, we didn't agree with, and vote them out, and never ever vote for them again. Also to blast them publicly. Let them know we do not approve. I also think that they have become as corrupt as they are, due to our inaction. I think they want us to step back, and be divided, and give up, and not take part anymore. Because if we don't take part, then they can just do what ever they want to.

    But we can use the power of our democracy that is in place, to make them do the will of the people. They are our representatives, and we must let them know what our voices and thoughts are.

    This is a nation by the people for the people, but if we opt out, then it is no longer by the people anymore, it just becomes by the corporations for the corporations, and that is exactly how they want it. I believe we can take our nation back, and no longer allow corruption to be done in our name. I believe we can end this corruption with peaceful means, with the system that is already in place. They just don't want us to figure that out, because if we do it is game over for them.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    midcan5 (12-03-2018)

  5. #3
    Points: 46,596, Level: 52
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    6997
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,361
    Points
    46,596
    Level
    52
    Thanks Given
    2,038
    Thanked 3,139x in 2,423 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This is obvious to most sensible people. US politicians are, for the most part, total scumbags who lie about almost everything.

    And it's not like they tell little white lies that harm nobody. Their lies are often gigantic and extremely harmful to large amounts of people.

    And they do all this in pursuit of money and power. Only a complete fool would believe the US political class are motivated by love for America.

    But it's not entirely their fault. The idiots who keep voting these scumbags into power share a large amount of the blame. It is the cowardice, greed, and stupidity of the average voter that empowers these scumbags.
    Ok, most of what we vote in are psychopaths. What do you want me to do about it.

  6. #4
    Points: 41,761, Level: 49
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    72386
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Posts
    13,229
    Points
    41,761
    Level
    49
    Thanks Given
    9,964
    Thanked 7,517x in 5,050 Posts
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I agree with that for the most part. But I have found that it is not true of every single politician. I think there are a few and I mean a few who are genuine. I think it is up to us to find the genuine people, and vote them in. I also think it is up to us to remember who did what, we didn't agree with, and vote them out, and never ever vote for them again. Also to blast them publicly. Let them know we do not approve. I also think that they have become as corrupt as they are, due to our inaction. I think they want us to step back, and be divided, and give up, and not take part anymore. Because if we don't take part, then they can just do what ever they want to.

    But we can use the power of our democracy that is in place, to make them do the will of the people. They are our representatives, and we must let them know what our voices and thoughts are.

    This is a nation by the people for the people, but if we opt out, then it is no longer by the people anymore, it just becomes by the corporations for the corporations, and that is exactly how they want it. I believe we can take our nation back, and no longer allow corruption to be done in our name. I believe we can end this corruption with peaceful means, with the system that is already in place. They just don't want us to figure that out, because if we do it is game over for them.
    Today is a brilliant plan - so went hasn't it been done yet? Because I'd bet money that isn't the first time it's been mentioned.

    Reason? People aren't uncomfortable enough. Stomach is still full. Entitlements and endless safety nets pacify the herd so it doesn't revolt.

    Politicians know this and act accordingly.

    Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

    Ephesians 6:12

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (12-03-2018),Common (12-03-2018),Just AnotherPerson (12-03-2018),Peter1469 (12-03-2018)

  8. #5
    Points: 16,878, Level: 31
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Infracted Member
    Karma
    19778
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,950
    Points
    16,878
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    2,638
    Thanked 1,739x in 1,219 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Today is a brilliant plan - so went hasn't it been done yet? Because I'd bet money that isn't the first time it's been mentioned.

    Reason? People aren't uncomfortable enough. Stomach is still full. Entitlements and endless safety nets pacify the herd so it doesn't revolt.

    Politicians know this and act accordingly.

    Sent from my evil cell phone.
    That is exactly the truth! Well said! But I think that is starting to change I think people are getting to the point now that they realize something needs to be done. Not only that people are so busy just trying to live their lives. They don't have time to even think about it. They are working two jobs taking care of kids. But the world is going to $#@!, and it is starting to become noticeable.

    I think if people realized how simple it could actually be, that a huge majority would be on board with it. It really does not take too much from us to participate. If we don't participate, then we get what we have now, corporate dominance. But if we step back in and take our rightful places we can begin to restore our nation. Once we get going we can make changes.

    I am positive that we can do it. Here is a link to a thread I started on it and I included a vid that I made that describes it in detail. It is not a well made vid. But I just threw it together to get the word out. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...at-that-means!
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  9. #6
    Original Ranter
    Points: 490,345, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    418558
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    148,775
    Points
    490,345
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    85,897
    Thanked 69,533x in 47,336 Posts
    Mentioned
    2178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Today is a brilliant plan - so went hasn't it been done yet? Because I'd bet money that isn't the first time it's been mentioned.

    Reason? People aren't uncomfortable enough. Stomach is still full. Entitlements and endless safety nets pacify the herd so it doesn't revolt.

    Politicians know this and act accordingly.

    Sent from my evil cell phone.
    Right, most Americans are doing pretty good and are much more concerned about their busy lives than politics.
    Molon labe
    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (12-03-2018)

  11. #7
    Original Ranter
    Points: 490,345, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    418558
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    148,775
    Points
    490,345
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    85,897
    Thanked 69,533x in 47,336 Posts
    Mentioned
    2178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Ok, most of what we vote in are psychopaths. What do you want me to do about it.
    Vote 3rd party. The two main parties are irredeemably corrupt.

    The Tea Parties candidates, the real ones, not the infiltrators, were honest but when they got to Congress the GOP leadership sidelined and marginalized them.
    Molon labe
    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    donttread (12-03-2018)

  13. #8

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 291,646, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    327523
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    51,645
    Points
    291,646
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,804
    Thanked 6,725x in 4,215 Posts
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  14. #9

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 291,646, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    327523
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    51,645
    Points
    291,646
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,804
    Thanked 6,725x in 4,215 Posts
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Today is a brilliant plan - so went hasn't it been done yet? Because I'd bet money that isn't the first time it's been mentioned.

    Reason? People aren't uncomfortable enough. Stomach is still full. Entitlements and endless safety nets pacify the herd so it doesn't revolt.

    Politicians know this and act accordingly.

    Sent from my evil cell phone.
    More than money, both parties keep us divided and fractured by Issues

    Abortion, racism, Entitlements, Illegal immigration, Social Security, Medicare, Socialism and many more

    They can never allow americans to have nothing to hate on each other for, they are very ingenius in coming up with ways to keep us divided
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    donttread (12-03-2018),Dr. Strangelove (12-03-2018)

  16. #10
    Points: 15,813, Level: 30
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    70714
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    2,958
    Points
    15,813
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    767
    Thanked 1,252x in 914 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all interesting but this is the system of government we live in. Actually you could call it society as government is the primary manager and stage director in this play. Is the show a good one that includes all? Anand Giridharadas does a good job of covering the complexity in his book and the podcast is worth a listen too. PS Trump is part of the game or is that blame.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nners-take-all


    'Anand Giridharadas in his new book, Winners Take All.'

    https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/vox...how/e/56013930


    "Here’s what we found: At least 187 Trump political appointees have been federal lobbyists, and despite President Trump’s campaign pledge to “drain the swamp,” many are now overseeing the industries they once lobbied on behalf of. We’ve also discovered ethics waivers that allow Trump staffers to work on subjects in which they have financial conflicts of interest. In addition, at least 254 appointees affiliated with Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and at least 125 staffers from prominent conservative think tanks are now working in the federal government, many of whom are on teams to repeal Obama-era regulations."

    https://www.propublica.org/article/w...on-dc-insiders
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do.

    FD: I do not review notifications, PM me if you think you have countered any point I make. Tx

    Support America - http://american.edu/kogod/research/autoindex/index.cfm

    Education: http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...r-A-Republican

    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Strangelove (12-03-2018)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO