User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: PETA takes political correctness to a new level.

  1. #21
    Points: 166,183, Level: 97
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 3,467
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    257981
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    73,548
    Points
    166,183
    Level
    97
    Thanks Given
    8,476
    Thanked 26,945x in 20,260 Posts
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    You should be a lyricist for Beck
    Oh, does he speak Orionese?

  2. #22
    Points: 4,062, Level: 15
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    253
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,463
    Points
    4,062
    Level
    15
    Thanks Given
    669
    Thanked 244x in 204 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    ...They'll grow up or better yet someone will teach them what an omnivore is.
    In the meantime if I were to say "bring home the kale" would that be plant bigotry?
    They might accept that as being acceptable language for the pantry. They might also say this man has it right:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=p_UpyY2MIOc

    "Paul McCartney - If Slaughterhouses had Glass Walls"
    "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve": http://www.essene.com/NazareneGospel/index.html & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwM4026BHI

    All-vegetarian, all-vegan farms, via the 5th Amendment: Genesis 1, Leviticus 24:18- 21, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, Isaiah 66:3

    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Ghandi

    Wild Horses terrorized, dead, imprisoned: https://americanwildhorsecampaign.org/ OUTLAW ALL KILL SHELTERS, CREATE SANCTUARIES!

  3. #23
    Points: 99,343, Level: 76
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78610
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33,390
    Points
    99,343
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    4,767
    Thanked 10,575x in 7,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve"

    Lection XXVIII

    Yeshua Releases The Rabbits And Pigeons

    1. IT came to pass one day as Yeshua had finished his discourse, in a place near Tiberias where there are seven wells, a certain young man brought live rabbits and pigeons, that he might have to eat with his disciples.

    2. And Yeshua looked on the young man with love and said to him, Thou hast a good heart and God shall give thee light, but knowest thou not that God in the beginning gave to man the fruits of the earth for food, and did not make him lower than the ape, or the ox, or the horse, or the sheep, that he should kill and eat the flesh and blood of his fellow creatures.

    3. Ye believe that Moses indeed commanded such creatures to be slain and offered in sacrifice and eaten, and so do ye in the Temple, but behold a greater than Moses is herein and he cometh to put away the bloody sacrifices of the law, and the feasts on them, and to restore to you the pure oblation and unbloody sacrifice as in the beginning, even the grains and fruits of the earth.

    4. Of that which ye offer undo God in purity shall ye eat, but of that kind which ye offer not in purity shall ye not eat, for the hour cometh when your sacrifices and feasts of blood shall cease, and ye shall worship God with a holy worship and a pure Oblation.

    5. Let these creatures therefore go free, that they may rejoice in God and bring no guilt to man. And the young man set them free, and Yeshua break their cages and their bonds.

    6. But lo, they feared lest they should again be taken captive, and they went not away from him, but he spake unto them and dismissed them, and they obeyed his word, and departed in gladness.

    7. AT that time as they sat by the well, which was in the midst of the six Yeshua stood up and cried out, If any are thirsty, let them come unto me and drink, for I will give to them of the waters of life.

    8. They who believe in me, out of their hearts shall flow rivers of water, and that which is given unto them shall they speak with power, and their doctrine shall be as living water.

    9. (This he spake of the Spirit, which they that believed on him should receive, for the fulness of the Spirit was not yet given because that Yeshua was not yet glorified).

    10. Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give shall never thirst, but the water which cometh from God shall be in them a well of water, springing up unto everlasting life.

    11. AND at that time John sent two of his disciples, saying, Art thou he that should come, or look we for another? and in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits, and unto many blind, he gave sight.

    12. Then Yeshua answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached. And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

    13. And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind, or a man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are georgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings’ courts.

    14. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet Yea, I say unto you, and the greatest of prophets.

    15. This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women, there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist.

    16. And all the people that heard him, and the taxgatherers, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.


    What?

  4. #24
    Original Ranter
    Points: 264,618, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    769526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    74,053
    Points
    264,618
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    25,864
    Thanked 35,667x in 24,243 Posts
    Mentioned
    938 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What?
    You just don't get it, do you?


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

    Common (12-06-2018)

  6. #25
    Points: 99,343, Level: 76
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78610
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33,390
    Points
    99,343
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    4,767
    Thanked 10,575x in 7,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    They might accept that as being acceptable language for the pantry. They might also say this man has it right:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=p_UpyY2MIOc

    "Paul McCartney - If Slaughterhouses had Glass Walls"

    Industrial slaughterhouses maybe. But they are far from the natural order. Family farms operate differently and some renewable farms like Joel Salatin's allow individual to only do so much slaughtering. More of a perspective on the circle of life.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (12-06-2018)

  8. #26
    Points: 4,062, Level: 15
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    253
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,463
    Points
    4,062
    Level
    15
    Thanks Given
    669
    Thanked 244x in 204 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @donttread

    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What?
    donttread: Industrial slaughterhouses maybe. But they are far from the natural order. Family farms operate differently and some renewable farms like Joel Salatin's allow individual to only do so much slaughtering. More of a perspective on the circle of life.
    Where did Christ say to slaughter his lambs or take his sheep apart? God manifested in the flesh, as he took whips to the money changers who had inhabited his Father's house for the selling of indulgences. The giveaway of Horus' horses of Pegasus by the Trump administration per public lands...


    Lection XXXIII

    By The Shedding Of Blood Of Others
    Is No Remission Of Sins

    1. Yeshua was teaching his disciples in the outer court of the Temple and one of them said unto him: Master, it is said by the priests that without shedding of blood there is no remission. Can then the blood offering of the law take away sin?

    2. And Yeshua answered: No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.

    3. The priests indeed receive such offering as a reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins against the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.

    4. Is it not written in the prophets, Put your blood sacrifices to your burnt offerings, and away with them, and cease ye from the eating of flesh, for I spake not to your fathers nor commanded them, when I brought them out of Egypt, concerning these things? But this thing I commanded saying:

    5, Obey my voice and walk in the ways that I have commanded you, and ye shall be my people, and it shall be well with you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear.

    6. And what doth the Eternal command you but to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God? Is it not written that in the beginning God ordained the fruits of the trees and the seeds and the herbs to be food for all flesh?

    7. But they have made the House of Prayer a den of thieves, and for the pure Oblation with Incense, they have polluted the altars with blood, and eaten of the flesh of the slain.

    8. But I say unto you: Shed no innocent blood nor eat ye flesh. Walk uprightly, love mercy, and do justly, and your days shall be long in the land.

    9. The corn that groweth from the earth with the other grain, is it not transmuted by the Spirit into my flesh? The grapes of the vineyard, with the other fruits are they not transmuted by the Spirit into my blood? Let these, with your bodies and souls be your Memorial to the Eternal.

    10. In these is the presence of God manifest as the Substance and as the Life of the world. Of these shall ye eat and drink for the remission of sins, and for eternal life, to all who obey my words.

    11. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market, a pool which is called Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the waters.

    12. For at a certain season, an angel went down into the pool and troubled the waters; whosoever went first into the waters was made whole of whatever disease he had. And a man impotent from his birth was there.

    13. And Yeshua said unto him. Bring not the waters healing? He said unto him. Yea, Lord, but I have no man when the water is troubled to put me in, and while I am trying to come another steppeth down before me. And Yeshua said to him, Arise, take up thy bed and walk. And immediately he rose and walked. And on the same day was the Sabbath.

    14. The Jews therefore said to him, It is the Sabbath it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. And he that was healed wist not that it was Yeshua. And Yeshua had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
    "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve": http://www.essene.com/NazareneGospel/index.html & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwM4026BHI

    All-vegetarian, all-vegan farms, via the 5th Amendment: Genesis 1, Leviticus 24:18- 21, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, Isaiah 66:3

    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Ghandi

    Wild Horses terrorized, dead, imprisoned: https://americanwildhorsecampaign.org/ OUTLAW ALL KILL SHELTERS, CREATE SANCTUARIES!

  9. #27
    Original Ranter
    Points: 473,399, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    414832
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    144,267
    Points
    473,399
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    83,084
    Thanked 65,805x in 44,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    2159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were having a nice BBQ at a park this past summer. A strange cloud floated over the park. A booming voice asked: "Can you toss up a burger? The rarer the better. Thanks."

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    @donttread





    Where did Christ say to slaughter his lambs or take his sheep apart? God manifested in the flesh, as he took whips to the money changers who had inhabited his Father's house for the selling of indulgences. The giveaway of Horus' horses of Pegasus by the Trump administration per public lands...


    Lection XXXIII

    By The Shedding Of Blood Of Others
    Is No Remission Of Sins

    1. Yeshua was teaching his disciples in the outer court of the Temple and one of them said unto him: Master, it is said by the priests that without shedding of blood there is no remission. Can then the blood offering of the law take away sin?

    2. And Yeshua answered: No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.

    3. The priests indeed receive such offering as a reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins against the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.

    4. Is it not written in the prophets, Put your blood sacrifices to your burnt offerings, and away with them, and cease ye from the eating of flesh, for I spake not to your fathers nor commanded them, when I brought them out of Egypt, concerning these things? But this thing I commanded saying:

    5, Obey my voice and walk in the ways that I have commanded you, and ye shall be my people, and it shall be well with you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear.

    6. And what doth the Eternal command you but to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God? Is it not written that in the beginning God ordained the fruits of the trees and the seeds and the herbs to be food for all flesh?

    7. But they have made the House of Prayer a den of thieves, and for the pure Oblation with Incense, they have polluted the altars with blood, and eaten of the flesh of the slain.

    8. But I say unto you: Shed no innocent blood nor eat ye flesh. Walk uprightly, love mercy, and do justly, and your days shall be long in the land.

    9. The corn that groweth from the earth with the other grain, is it not transmuted by the Spirit into my flesh? The grapes of the vineyard, with the other fruits are they not transmuted by the Spirit into my blood? Let these, with your bodies and souls be your Memorial to the Eternal.

    10. In these is the presence of God manifest as the Substance and as the Life of the world. Of these shall ye eat and drink for the remission of sins, and for eternal life, to all who obey my words.

    11. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market, a pool which is called Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the waters.

    12. For at a certain season, an angel went down into the pool and troubled the waters; whosoever went first into the waters was made whole of whatever disease he had. And a man impotent from his birth was there.

    13. And Yeshua said unto him. Bring not the waters healing? He said unto him. Yea, Lord, but I have no man when the water is troubled to put me in, and while I am trying to come another steppeth down before me. And Yeshua said to him, Arise, take up thy bed and walk. And immediately he rose and walked. And on the same day was the Sabbath.

    14. The Jews therefore said to him, It is the Sabbath it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. And he that was healed wist not that it was Yeshua. And Yeshua had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (Yesterday),countryboy (Yesterday),donttread (Today),MisterVeritis (Today)

  11. #28
    Points: 99,343, Level: 76
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78610
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33,390
    Points
    99,343
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    4,767
    Thanked 10,575x in 7,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    You just don't get it, do you?


    Nope.

  12. #29
    Points: 99,343, Level: 76
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78610
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    33,390
    Points
    99,343
    Level
    76
    Thanks Given
    4,767
    Thanked 10,575x in 7,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    @donttread





    Where did Christ say to slaughter his lambs or take his sheep apart? God manifested in the flesh, as he took whips to the money changers who had inhabited his Father's house for the selling of indulgences. The giveaway of Horus' horses of Pegasus by the Trump administration per public lands...


    Lection XXXIII

    By The Shedding Of Blood Of Others
    Is No Remission Of Sins

    1. Yeshua was teaching his disciples in the outer court of the Temple and one of them said unto him: Master, it is said by the priests that without shedding of blood there is no remission. Can then the blood offering of the law take away sin?

    2. And Yeshua answered: No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.

    3. The priests indeed receive such offering as a reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins against the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.

    4. Is it not written in the prophets, Put your blood sacrifices to your burnt offerings, and away with them, and cease ye from the eating of flesh, for I spake not to your fathers nor commanded them, when I brought them out of Egypt, concerning these things? But this thing I commanded saying:

    5, Obey my voice and walk in the ways that I have commanded you, and ye shall be my people, and it shall be well with you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear.

    6. And what doth the Eternal command you but to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God? Is it not written that in the beginning God ordained the fruits of the trees and the seeds and the herbs to be food for all flesh?

    7. But they have made the House of Prayer a den of thieves, and for the pure Oblation with Incense, they have polluted the altars with blood, and eaten of the flesh of the slain.

    8. But I say unto you: Shed no innocent blood nor eat ye flesh. Walk uprightly, love mercy, and do justly, and your days shall be long in the land.

    9. The corn that groweth from the earth with the other grain, is it not transmuted by the Spirit into my flesh? The grapes of the vineyard, with the other fruits are they not transmuted by the Spirit into my blood? Let these, with your bodies and souls be your Memorial to the Eternal.

    10. In these is the presence of God manifest as the Substance and as the Life of the world. Of these shall ye eat and drink for the remission of sins, and for eternal life, to all who obey my words.

    11. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market, a pool which is called Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the waters.

    12. For at a certain season, an angel went down into the pool and troubled the waters; whosoever went first into the waters was made whole of whatever disease he had. And a man impotent from his birth was there.

    13. And Yeshua said unto him. Bring not the waters healing? He said unto him. Yea, Lord, but I have no man when the water is troubled to put me in, and while I am trying to come another steppeth down before me. And Yeshua said to him, Arise, take up thy bed and walk. And immediately he rose and walked. And on the same day was the Sabbath.

    14. The Jews therefore said to him, It is the Sabbath it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. And he that was healed wist not that it was Yeshua. And Yeshua had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.


    Didn't people sacrifice all sorts of beast to your God? Maybe not Yeshua, but many others. Also they still had to eat.

  13. #30
    Points: 17,345, Level: 31
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    9035
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,727
    Points
    17,345
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    1,681
    Thanked 2,262x in 1,622 Posts
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Young guys trying to get laid will go to just about any length. And it's "bring home the bagel".
    That's definitely antisemitic, especially if you say it with a NYC Yiddish accent.

    Progressivism, ideas so good, they have to be mandatory

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO