User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Festive Satanic statue added to Illinois statehouse

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Festive Satanic statue added to Illinois statehouse

Courthouses are going to be museums basically anymore. Now bring on the armchair constitutionalists.

I'm praying for rain, I'm praying for tidal waves...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46453544

A satanic group has added its own statue to a series of displays in the government building of the US state of Illinois to mark the festive season.

Placed between a Christmas tree and a menorah, the four-foot sculpture depicts a snake coiled around an outstretched arm holding an apple.

It's the first display sponsored by the Chicago chapter of the Temple of Satan.

The state government said the temple had the same right as other religious groups to have a display.

"Under the Constitution, the First Amendment, people have a right to express their feelings, their thoughts," Dave Druker, spokesman for the Illinois secretary of state, told the State Journal-Register. "This recognises that."

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't look very festive to me, but art is subjective like that.

For those who are or about to be outraged.. we salute you. The whole point of the Satanic Temple is to be outrageous and to point out the mindless hypocrisies of those entrenched in their own mythology, seeking have their own way while not allowing for others to exercise the same rights afforded by law. It works and it doesn't. I think they just make the stubborn-headed dig in their heels that much further because they have to fight the evil they're so sure God is going to prevail over in the end anyway.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    It doesn't look very festive to me, but art is subjective like that.

For those who are or about to be outraged.. we salute you. The whole point of the Satanic Temple is to be outrageous and to point out the mindless hypocrisies of those entrenched in their own mythology, seeking have their own way while not allowing for others to exercise the same rights afforded by law. It works and it doesn't. I think they just make the stubborn-headed dig in their heels that much further because they have to fight the evil they're so sure God is going to prevail over in the end anyway.
    For the record I have no $#@!s to give about what gets displayed. That it has become a farce amuses me considering I'm a culture jammer.

Where the stupidity lies is with the RWNJ's who $#@! the bed over 10 commandments in the courthouse have now made the joke out of all this it really is

I predicted this too years ago, use the search feature.

If there really is a god he needs to send another flood, the herd needs thinned, too many dumbfucks.

+ Reply to Thread