Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Neil deGrasse Tyson accuser has come forward

Another woman has come forward and accused Neil deGrasse Tyson of sexual misconduct.

The renowned astrophysicist is already being investigated by National Geographic — the company behind Tyson’s award-winning show, “Cosmos” — after getting hit with multiple allegations of harassment last month.

Three women have accused him of inappropriate behavior, and a fourth was revealed Wednesday in a BuzzFeed News piece. Tyson has denied any wrongdoing.

“We take his word at face value,” the new accuser said. “I think he’s exploiting that relationship to get people to believe him.”

The fourth woman claims Tyson drunkenly approached her during a holiday party at the American Museum of Natural History, where he works, in January 2010 and began making crude comments and jokes toward her before eventually suggesting that they both go into his office alone.
    The woman had been invited to the party by her then-boyfriend, who was also an employee. Emails obtained by BuzzFeed show that she later mentioned the alleged interaction in a 2014 email to her employers — in an attempt to “shoot down a proposed collaboration with Tyson,” the site reports.

The woman told two friends about what allegedly happened, who later confirmed the accusations during interviews with BuzzFeed.

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/06/anoth...-come-forward/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are finding new allegations of sexual misconduct about as fast as we are finding new galaxies in the universe. Question: Are all men pigs or are all women such frail little beings that any contact with a male leaves them shaken and abused?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    We are finding new allegations of sexual misconduct about as fast as we are finding new galaxies in the universe. Question: Are all men pigs or are all women such frail little beings that any contact with a male leaves them shaken and abused?
    Answer is in Genesis, IMHO.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not a "crude comments and jokes" kind of guy - but if I'm a woman and the man isn't my boss, it's not something that I have to deal with on an ongoing basis from a coworker, and no laws are broken in the process, I think the current tendency to lump crude passes in with rape and sexual assault in condemning and sanctioning individuals is wrong-headed and ridiculous. The great majority of us - men and women alike - are both sexual beings and subject to the occasional error in saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. Very, very few of us are perfect, Mr. Rogers-like paragons of virtue and in total control of our senses (and mouths) for the entirety of our lives. Let he (or she) who has never told the wrong joke to the wrong person or misinterpreted another person's feelings or inclinations toward us cast the first stone.
    Last edited by Standing Wolf; 12-07-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

donttread (12-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I'm not a "crude comments and jokes" kind of guy - but if I'm a woman and the man isn't my boss, it's not something that I have to deal with on an ongoing basis from a coworker, and no laws are broken in the process, I think the current tendency to lump crude passes in with rape and sexual assault in condemning and sanctioning individuals is wrong-headed and ridiculous. The great majority of us - men and women alike - are both sexual beings and subject to the occasional error in saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. Very, very few of us are perfect, Mr. Rogers-like paragons of virtue and in total control of our senses (and mouths) for the entirety of our lives. Let he (or she) who has never told the wrong joke to the wrong person or misinterpreted another person's feelings or inclinations toward us cast the first stone.
    Lets not have Shaolin Monks casting stones.....mmmkay.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you but unfortunately the precedent has been set and the bar raised and the left seems to enforce it.

Just look what they tried to do to Kavanaugh, thank goodness the GOP saw through it and pushed the man through, based on ALL LIES he could have had his life destroyed.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Another woman has come forward and accused Neil deGrasse Tyson of sexual misconduct.

The renowned astrophysicist is already being investigated by National Geographic — the company behind Tyson’s award-winning show, “Cosmos” — after getting hit with multiple allegations of harassment last month.

Three women have accused him of inappropriate behavior, and a fourth was revealed Wednesday in a BuzzFeed News piece. Tyson has denied any wrongdoing.

“We take his word at face value,” the new accuser said. “I think he’s exploiting that relationship to get people to believe him.”

The fourth woman claims Tyson drunkenly approached her during a holiday party at the American Museum of Natural History, where he works, in January 2010 and began making crude comments and jokes toward her before eventually suggesting that they both go into his office alone.
    The woman had been invited to the party by her then-boyfriend, who was also an employee. Emails obtained by BuzzFeed show that she later mentioned the alleged interaction in a 2014 email to her employers — in an attempt to “shoot down a proposed collaboration with Tyson,” the site reports.

The woman told two friends about what allegedly happened, who later confirmed the accusations during interviews with BuzzFeed.

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/06/anoth...-come-forward/
    So now jokes and verbal advances are illegal? Did she oh
    1) Walk away
    2) Tell him those jokes offended her and to please stop?

If I were in my 20's and I'd seriously consider a sex bot. With the technology we have today why not. Women , whom apparently all hate all male advances, could get high level sex toys too.
    Then when they are ready there could be a website with a "dating contract" they could both sign and they could set about meeting a life mate without any touching . LOL
    Odd though the sales of mini -skirts, v-necks, stiletos, tight sweaters , over the top makeup and Victoria's Secret products are so high, isn't it? . If women want no form of advance , even words, and never want to be seen as sex objects why do these things sell so well?
    Are men reporting false sales data? After all everything men do is evil.
    It's like this, for the most part this is a sexualized society bombarded by sexual imagery all the time for an act we spend less than 1% of our lives engaged in . Men are still expected to make the advances most of the time. Not honoring NO to those advances is very wrong. But making them to begin with is how we all got here !

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you but unfortunately the precedent has been set and the bar raised and the left seems to enforce it.

Just look what they tried to do to Kavanaugh, thank goodness the GOP saw through it and pushed the man through, based on ALL LIES he could have had his life destroyed.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Republicans should not fall into the democrat trap of setting people up.

As far as im concerned Dr Grasse is innocent until proven guilty. The multiple accuser thing means nothing anymore since Kavanaughs accusers were multiple liars
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread