Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wall Street Strategically Protecting themselves from the #MeToo movement.

When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Diatribe to you must mean anything that you don't agree with. At no point did I post a 'diatribe':

di·a·tribe
    /ˈdīəˌtrīb/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
    • a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]
      [/COLOR]
      synonyms: tirade, harangue, onslaught, attack, polemic, denunciation, broadside, fulmination, condemnation, censure, criticism;
    No. Your anti-man post was a diatribe.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The excerpted article concerned the psychology of the sort of men who are prone to sexual harassment in the workplace. That is the reason that the Me Too movement exists. Not because of flirtatious behavior in the workplace, but because of the aggressive and controlling behavior of men with psychological problems in positions of authority. I did not say that women are always innocent victims. There are some women who are predatory or mercenary, but they are few and far between.
    I disagree with that completely, there are men like that but not as many as you insinuate and there would be just as many women if not more if they were in those positions.

Just look at the female teachers in the paper every single day another one is sexting and having sex with TEENS

That is pedophillia but women get treated much differently than males.

Women who harrass men go UNREPORTED because men dont report it like women do and MEN do not view harrassment the same as women. Men identify what women call sexual harrassment as flirting. Women get away with murder doc in almost every category.

Im not saying rape and sexual harrassment doesnt happen, I know it does, im saying its all blown out of proportion because trump is president and democrats use it as a hammer.

When the democrats were in control you didnt hear anything about racism every 10 secs, you didnt have a metoo, thats all for republicans for political expediency
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (12-10-2018)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I disagree with that completely, there are men like that but not as many as you insinuate and there would be just as many women if not more if they were in those positions.

Just look at the female teachers in the paper every single day another one is sexting and having sex with TEENS

Women who harrass men go UNREPORTED because men dont report it like women do and MEN do not view harrassment the same as women. Men identify what women call sexual harrassment as flirting. Women get away with murder doc in almost every category.

Im not saying rape and sexual harrassment doesnt happen, I know it does, im saying its all blown out of proportion because trump is president and democrats use it as a hammer.

When the democrats were in control you didnt hear anything about racism every 10 secs, you didnt have a metoo, thats all for republicans for political expediency
    If you want to know the difference..What is the average response from guys when some good looking young female teacher gets caught doing one of her students?

Hint it is not.. " Disgusting.. she should be locked up..what a freak" NO NO NO

It is more likely something like.. "Damm where were all these teachers when I was in school!"

You are right this is really all about political expediency. Just like campaign finance laws are no big deal when Obama broke them. Put that on Trump and JAIL TIME is needed!
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

Common (12-10-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 2,012
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    There are also women with emotional and psychological issues whose interpretion of male behavior isn't always rational. It's often
    subjective in any case. Corporations are minimizing risk.

Again, not a few of us saw this coming.
    When the #Metoo movement had first made it's "big bang" onto the scene, I had a discussion with my trauma therapist/psychologist (who primarily, almost exclusively, works with females) and we both thought there were a lot of negative aspects and potential consequences. I am not an expert in all things female/sexual trauma, but my therapist kind of is. It surprised me a bit that she agreed with me. Among the potential issue was whether accusations would turn out to be true and whether those that didn't would harm all women when it comes to making an accusation or filing a criminal or civil complaint. One or two high profile false accusations can influence how law enforcement view an actual victim, for example. Then there is the issue of men being scared they will be accused of something and the consequences of that. The lack of criminal convictions that mean we don't know the truth, but the public is jury/executioner. The guilt/shame that women would feel when they were not able to openly say "me too" on social media (I felt that one). The lack of representation for males impacted by sexual harassment or sexual assault... there were more.

I think the phrase "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" is kind of what happened here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

Captdon (12-10-2018)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps with the #metoo but not with Kavanaugh. That was inexcusable. It is now hurting women. Liberal women hurt all women.

I have a wife, daughter and three grand-daughters . I worry more about them now.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 2,012
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Perhaps with the #metoo but not with Kavanaugh. That was inexcusable. It is now hurting women. Liberal women hurt all women.

I have a wife, daughter and three grand-daughters . I worry more about them now.
    Here's the thing though; reports have come out about two of the accusers retracting their accusations. I get being judgemental or mad about those. I think with Christine Blasey Ford, we don't know the truth. That doesn't mean I am automatically going to say she is telling the truth because I don't know if she is. That doesn't mean I think Kavanaugh is a sexual predator, either, because I don't know if he is. That is the reason we have a court system. It does piss me off when people say she's lying because we don't know that, either.

I think that there are environments and venues in which you always believe another woman. I start group therapy in the new year and that would be one example. If a friend or family member came to me, that's another, because you support the people you care about. If you work in some kind of capacity as a support worker (crisis worker, sexual assault nurse, counselor, so forth), then you should also, because again the role is to support someone. A big difference in these environments is that the accused (or convicted) is not there and being put on trial, and the purpose of the environments is for support and outreach. It is also private, as opposed to public.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

Captdon (12-10-2018),Dr. Who (12-10-2018)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,857
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    No. Your anti-man post was a diatribe.
    What anti-man post?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What anti-man post?
    Really?

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,857
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

First of all, I did not quantify the number of men who fit those profiles, only that those are the psychological profiles of people who are prone to behaving that way. Just like there is a psych profile for serial killers, but not all people fitting that profile are serial killers. I specifically stated that I did not believe that flirtatious behavior was sexual harassment - in fact, some people's personalities come across as flirtatious, where there is no real intent to flirt. People who would report mild flirtation as sexual harassment have their own psychological problems. Sexual harassment has a range of behaviors however, from deliberately making suggestive remarks or telling a certain type of jokes to inappropriate touching or using one's position of authority to try to force another person into a sexual relationship or else...

The MeToo movement went viral after the sexual abuse allegations against Harvey Weinstein became public and a number of well-known actresses shared their experiences with this degenerate individual and encouraged others to come forward. However, the movement began in back in 2006, but just didn't have any high profile transgressors with high profile victims willing to go public. I don't see how it's connected to Trump in any way other than tangentially because of the lawsuits pending against him. The Weinstein phenomenon opened the door to open season on serial sexual harassers/abusers and with these stories going viral on the internet they had to be picked up by the MSM. Clearly, it took on the proportions of a witch hunt. However, like anything that goes viral on the internet, it has a limited lifespan. People and hence the media move on to the next thing that captivates the short attention span crowd.

When the D's were in control there were definitely stories about racism every ten seconds - actually more than there are now - they were just more focused on police shootings.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread