Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    No. Your anti-man post was a diatribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    What anti-man post?
    This one.....

Perhaps one way to avoid sexual harassment issues would be to weed out the problems before hiring them:

"Research over decades on thousands of men shows that those who harass or assault women often have a combination of two distinct sets of personality characteristics, and that these then become amplified by power, says Neil Malamuth, a professor of psychology and communication at the University of California, Los Angeles. Psychologists call these “hostile masculinity” and “impersonal sexuality.”

Men with “hostile masculinity” find power over women to be a sexual turn-on. They feel anger at being rejected by a woman. This is something that researchers believe probably happened to them a lot when they were young. They justify their aggression and are often narcissists.

Men with “impersonal sexuality” prefer sex without intimacy or a close connection, which often leads them to seek promiscuous sex or multiple partners. Often, but not always, this type of person has had a difficult home environment as a child, with abuse or violence, or they had some anti-social tendencies as adolescents.

Men who harass or assault women also tend to have sexist attitudes, such as an opposition to gender equality or a favoring of traditional roles for women, says John Pryor, a distinguished professor of psychology emeritus at Illinois State University, in Normal, Ill., who has studied sexual harassment for decades.

“It’s not automatic; it’s not that power corrupts,” says UCLA’s Dr. Malamuth. “It’s a certain type of man who uses his power in this way.”

Dr. Malamuth says he has new, unpublished research that shows that men who are aggressive toward women are more likely to look for or create a situation where women are more vulnerable. So it’s no coincidence that they are the ones who seek out power—especially over young, beautiful women, who were the ones who tended to reject them when they were young. Then their natural aggression makes them more likely to achieve it." https://www.wsj.com/articles/powers-...ent-1517844769
    You believe that there's such a thing as "toxic masculinity" don't you?

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,857
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    This one.....

You believe that there's such a thing as "toxic masculinity" don't you?
    You are getting hung up on a term which you associate with so-called 'feminazis'. I don't like the term and it's not part of the text that I posted. What I posted refers to “hostile masculinity” and if you are going to even try to suggest that there are no males who really dislike women except as sexual vassals and servants, you are dreaming in technicolor. There are currently entire cultures that view women in that light and western culture still contains throwbacks to earlier times when that was the female role in society. Personally, I think that western males who think that way are closet homosexuals who are transferring their frustrations about their own sexuality to women. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

And just an FYI, most of my best friends are male. I have very few female friends, so I'm not your feminazi type. I like men and get along with them better than with women.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are getting hung up on a term which you associate with so-called 'feminazis'. I don't like the term and it's not part of the text that I posted. What I posted refers to “hostile masculinity” and if you are going to even try to suggest that there are no males who really dislike women except as sexual vassals and servants, you are dreaming in technicolor. There are currently entire cultures that view women in that light and western culture still contains throwbacks to earlier times when that was the female role in society. Personally, I think that western males who think that way are closet homosexuals who are transferring their frustrations about their own sexuality to women. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

And just an FYI, most of my best friends are male. I have very few female friends, so I'm not your feminazi type. I like men and get along with them better than with women.
    That's some pretty good hair splitting there.

+ Reply to Thread