Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Sfk

This is from memory. I followed the Smiley Face Killers story for awhile until it sort of dissolved. Is anyone here familiar with it, the Smiley Face Murders? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

Smiley Face Murders or Smiley Face KIllers refers to dozens of murders lumped together under that title that occurred generally across the north and northeast in the 2000's that have never been solved but that often (usually, as I remember it) share the following characteristics:
    -- a smiley face nearby the body, drawn on concrete, pavement or a tree;
    -- victim drowns, and victim's body often found on or in a river or stream;
    -- victims are male, usually college age or in college, healthy, and often very athletic;
    -- victims often are last seen socializing at a party or bar.

Huh. Here's a movie that has been made about SFK since I stopped following it:

Guess I'll watch it now. Pull up a chair.

There is also the following clip, which I frankly found chilling but that was not thought particularly important for the behaviors it showed, as I remember it, namely a young man that is definitely, IMO, being sized up by two other men outside a bar.

Here's what's going on in the clip:
    @:32 victim exits bar, and meanders a bit to eventually stand near the curb at left adjusting his coat.
    @1:46, two men enter the scene at right and appear to study him. One approaches but backs off when victim turns and starts in his direction. Thereafter, the victim fumbles with his coat before he too exits the scene at right. He died that night.

Here's more about it: https://footprintsattheriversedge.bl...albany-ny.html

The clip is very intriguing, but that's the last I paid any attention to the SFK story because it got too muddled. Any thoughts or ideas?
    Last edited by Lummy; 12-10-2018 at 07:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-10-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,529x in 94,962 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard a lot about that a couple of years ago. Nothing lately, until now.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,987
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,640x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    This is from memory. I followed the Smiley Face Killers story for awhile until it sort of dissolved. Is anyone here familiar with it, the Smiley Face Murders? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

Smiley Face Murders or Smiley Face KIllers refers to dozens of murders lumped together under that title that occurred generally across the north and northeast in the 2000's that have never been solved but that often (usually, as I remember it) share the following characteristics:
    -- a smiley face nearby the body, drawn on concrete, pavement or a tree;
    -- victim drowns, and victim's body often found on or in a river or stream;
    -- victims are male, usually college age or in college, healthy, and often very athletic;
    -- victims often are last seen socializing at a party or bar.

Huh. Here's a movie that has been made about SFK since I stopped following it:

Guess I'll watch it now. Pull up a chair.

There is also the following clip, which I frankly found chilling but that was not thought particularly important for the behaviors it showed, as I remember it, namely a young man that is definitely, IMO, being sized up by two other men outside a bar.

Here's what's going on in the clip:
    @:32 victim exits bar, and meanders a bit to eventually stand near the curb at left adjusting his coat.
    @1:46, two men enter the scene at right and appear to study him. One approaches but backs off when victim turns and starts in his direction. Thereafter, the victim fumbles with his coat before he too exits the scene at right. He died that night.

Here's more about it: https://footprintsattheriversedge.bl...albany-ny.html

The clip is very intriguing, but that's the last I paid any attention to the SFK story because it got too muddled. Any thoughts or ideas?

So somebody is drowning full grown, healthy men in their prime ( perhaps a little wasted though) and leaving smiley face drawings? I don't think I've heard of it but it sounds really bizare. When you studied it were the reports credible?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's my understanding anyway.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,529x in 94,962 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    So somebody is drowning full grown, healthy men in their prime ( perhaps a little wasted though) and leaving smiley face drawings? I don't think I've heard of it but it sounds really bizare. When you studied it were the reports credible?
    The killings took place between 1992 and 2008. So either the killer stopped for some reason (got it out of his system or died), or these were just accidental drownings.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a theory many years ago before SFK, thats kind of related. There was a guy in prison in New Jersey for murdering young teen boys by smashing their heads on concrete sidwalks, then turning them over "dead" and having sex with them. He was originally sentenced to the death penalty, he murdered another inmate in prison with a ball peen hammer in a work shop. He was from NY originally and its believed by his own admission his murder career started in NY

He was originally charged with 5 murders, this originated in the 60s then in the 70s criminal justice took a liberal turn, the death penalty was dropped. His sentence was converted to Life in prison
    You were eligible for Parole on a life murder bid in 14yrs 7 mths. He was realeased after 21 yrs.

Dont remember how many years after that exactly but I believe it was around 6, they had him on 60 minutes as a California Prison Inmate. He was doing once again life in Prison for multiple murders.

How does this relate to SFK? This guy had admitted to killing what he said was over 100 people on his way from NY to California in a two year period drifting across the country, his name was mentioned along with SFK as being someone who committed some of those unresolved murders.

On 60 minutes he was asked about the death penalty. His answer was If NJ would have executed me, there would be over 100 people still alive. He said being in prison isnt nearly as bad as you see on Television.

This and other reasons I am for the death penalty in very narrow applications for the worst of the worst.
    Last edited by Common; 12-11-2018 at 05:54 AM.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-11-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to oppose the death penalty, but I'm for it now since I watched a movie about England's very busy hangman, Albert Pierrepoint, The Last Executioner, and took some time to think that through. The problem is largely theological or existential. If you don't kill the those who kill, the reasoning goes, you condemn them to eternal hell. I had never, ever heard that argument before.

As you probably know, hanging and executions generally became unpopular in the 60's, his later years, in Britain, as it did here.

HANG 'EM HIGH! YOU BET!!

Ironically, the hangman grew to oppose the death penalty in his old age.
    Last edited by Lummy; 12-11-2018 at 05:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread