Members banned from this thread: Private Pickle

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Browning Of America," Really?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember what the Democrat party goal is. They do not care what color skin a potential voter has. All they care about is winning. They use the poorest, dumbest, sickest, black and brown people, not because they are black and brown but because they are poor, dumb, and sick. Oh, the real winner is they come, mostly, from third world, authoritarian nations. They accept Democrat corruption as they have known nothing else.

The Democrats had to do this as white, middle-class traditional Americans do not reliably vote for Democrats.

Let's face it. The Democrats have won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    I wonder why you have a big laugh. You will lose your nation, too.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Robo's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 401x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    Hispanic ethnicity is sometimes a gray area. Could be white or could be hispanic.
    That's because the Hispanic gene is evolving lighter.
    Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The Bigger the government the greater the force and the greater the corruption.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    It actually depends on what genes are present in the parents. Genes for light skin are not 'stronger' than genes for dark skin, but if both parents carry a significant number of genes for light skin, then lighter skin is more likely than darker skin. In the context of America, there are very few people with dark skin that don't have a mixed genetic history, so if you mix the genes of someone who has no or almost no genetic history that includes dark skin with someone with a mixed set of genes, you won't end up with a very dark skinned child. That doesn't make genes for light skin any less recessive, it just means that there are more recessive genes than dominant genes. Also, you should be aware of the fact that skin tends to darken over time, so what may seem to be a light-skinned baby or toddler born of a mixed couple, will not remain that light skinned.

https://blackcelebritykids.wordpress...d-white-twins/
    Take note though it's barely detectable in your photo, "BUT," both offspring are lighter than the mother.
    Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The Bigger the government the greater the force and the greater the corruption.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What you describe is not true in my experience. At least not in the first generation. Perhaps my experience is not representative. However, most cases I know of with a mixed race black/white couple , they will produce a brown , sometimes black baby. But almost never a white one. Am I wrong here?
    The important thing to note is in virtually every case the offspring are always lighter. In very few if any instances are any of the offspring darker than either parent. If they should be in very rare circumstances, it's because the family tree is lopsided with the black gene. But it has to be very lopsided to produce offspring darker than either parent.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,523x in 14,782 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Take note though it's barely detectable in your photo, "BUT," both offspring are lighter than the mother.

Yet collectively one looks much darker than dad while the other maybe half way. So at the first generation level this photo would appear to NOT support the OP at all

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (12-14-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The important thing to note is in virtually every case the offspring are always lighter. In very few if any instances are any of the offspring darker than either parent. If they should be in very rare circumstances, it's because the family tree is lopsided with the black gene. But it has to be very lopsided to produce offspring darker than either parent.
    I see. So with numbers of generations children would get lighter? We shall see, you may well be right. But right now I see a lot of brown. In fact so far we see a lot of racially ambiguous people. Is she hispanic? Mollto? Some ME , maybe? I don't know but I do know mixed race adult women seem to have the "hot gene" pretty often.
    At one time I felt that a melding of color would decrease hatred, bigotry and discrimination but I now understand human nature much better and know that there will always be some hate which the power players can exploit as a tool.
    Does anyone remember the Star Trek Episode ( Original ST of course) where a planet was inhabited by two races , both had faces that were half black and half white. But they hated each other based upon which half was white or black.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (12-14-2018)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,845
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I noted, skin color darkens as a child ages, so both of those children will eventually be darker than they were at birth.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-14-2018)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,230x in 2,709 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What you describe is not true in my experience. At least not in the first generation. Perhaps my experience is not representative. However, most cases I know of with a mixed race black/white couple , they will produce a brown , sometimes black baby. But almost never a white one. Am I wrong here?
    It would be a mistake to assume that just one case is emblematic of all; so I wish to be cautious here.

But when I was in the supermarket a few days ago, I saw a light-skinned black lady (we used to use the term "mulatto" in such cases) with an infant; and he appeared white. (Presumably, the father was white.)

Again, one should not take this as being certainly representative of all; and perhaps someone else's experience has been different.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    As I noted, skin color darkens as a child ages, so both of those children will eventually be darker than they were at birth.
    I know about that. It's an old OB joke that dad may not know he's not dad for a few hours. Or something like that. But how long does the process continue for?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    It would be a mistake to assume that just one case is emblematic of all; so I wish to be cautious here.

But when I was in the supermarket a few days ago, I saw a light-skinned black lady (we used to use the term "mulatto" in such cases) with an infant; and he appeared white. (Presumably, the father was white.)

Again, one should not take this as being certainly representative of all; and perhaps someone else's experience has been different.

Well said . In this case the child could well be 3/4 white or more though. Or the woman might not be mom? But it is an interesting point. With all the potential factors perhaps we are not sure how long term "inter breeding" will turn out.
    I however, despite my age am willing to join a related study as long as I have no child care roles. LOL. I AM too old for that! I'm pretty damn white , so I'd make a good baseline.

+ Reply to Thread