Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who attend Midnight Mass:

In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Captdon (12-14-2018),Just AnotherPerson (12-14-2018)

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    silvereyes's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,850x in 4,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    For those of you who attend Midnight Mass:

I just listened to that one.
    At the end of the day...I am still glad that I am me. Tail and all.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvereyes For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (12-14-2018),Just AnotherPerson (12-16-2018)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking care of the kiddos at the abused women and children shelter has given me the most satisfaction and Christmas spirit.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Captdon (12-14-2018),Dr. Who (12-14-2018)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (12-17-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A WW2 bomber without a crew lands by itself, and origin of the term "Foo Fighters".

Reports of a plane flying by itself were not unheard of in WWII, but a B-17G on two engines had very little chance of remaining in the air. The crew watched the plane fly away, but thick cloud cover caused them to lose sight of the bomber. Unbeknownst to the crew the plane was still in the air when they hit the ground.
    http://www.history101.com/foo-fighters/14/

The Shepherd, by Frederick Forsyth, a CBC radio annual Christmas ghost story.
    It is Christmas Eve, 1957. Flying home, on leave from Germany, he is alone in the $#@!pit of the Vampire. Sixty-six minutes of flying time, with the descent and landing - destination Lakenheath. No problem, all routine procedures.

Then, out over the North sea, the fog begins to close in. Radio contact ceases and the compass goes haywire. Suddenly, out of the mist appears a World War II bomber. It is flying just below the Vampire, as of trying to make contact ...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Captdon (12-16-2018),Dr. Who (12-16-2018),Just AnotherPerson (12-16-2018),Peter1469 (12-15-2018)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,522x in 14,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    What was my best and worst christmas was when I was 8 yrs old, it seemed I got everything I wanted and much more. My mother wouldnt let me get further than an inch from her. It was my best christmas ever.

Then it became my worst, my mother hugged me the next morning and said always listen to your papa promise me, I said ok she said ill always be with you, she got in the car with my father and it was the last time I saw her. She died on the operating table of a brain aneurism.

So its my best christmas memory and my worst, but I remember it as my best
    Wow! I'm an sorry you lost your mother at that age. I guess she made her love very clear in case what happened, happened.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put together a playlist of magical Christmas tours and some other country traditions
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._FbEZNxOrglTqD
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 12-16-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (12-17-2018),Peter1469 (12-16-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (12-16-2018),Peter1469 (12-16-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All around the world the spirit of Christmas is being celebrated. The warmth and joy and magic spreads from heart to heart. This Christmas spirit that we feel, has been passed on to us, from all who came before us. The love has traveled forward in time to the present all around us. The care of those who came before us is alive and well, it is something we can see and feel and experience. The magic and love does not just appear or begin one day, rather it is a living energy, that has never died out. It is a flame that burns and is passed on from heart to heart.

Our memories are alive and vivid, this Christmas is made of all of the Christmases of the past. We feel the joy and the magic of memories from long long ago, they burn bright in our hearts, and minds. The whole world comes together to share in this spirit.
    It is the coldest darkest time of year, and out of that darkness people find the light that is in their hearts, and they take that light and make it a reality in the world around them. Lights are hung, candles are lit, bows are decorated, and trees shine bright. Songs of joy, and kindness fill the air. Smells of sweets, and goodies are everywhere. The spirit of Christmas, is a time where we take what would be a dark time, and we find the brightness that shines in our hearts, and we look to the goodness, and kindness, in our hearts, and we celebrate our togetherness.

Even for those who are alone, you are not really alone, because the whole world is sharing the spirit of Christmas, all you have to do is feel it, and you will be in the company of the kindness, and love, that is pouring out of hearts all around the world. And for those who long for loved ones, we are the living continuations of all who came before us. The hearts of those who we love, were born into ours, and have become part of who we are. If we know how to look we will feel them with us still. The power of love, and kindness, are the greatest things there are. Love is the most powerful force in the universe, and it is love that fuels the spirit of Christmas.

May all beings near and far feel the love and joy that the spirit of Christmas brings.

Merry Christmas to all.
    JAP

*To see Christmas around the world see post #27 you will see that the spirit of Christmas is alive all over the world.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    All around the world the spirit of Christmas is being celebrated. The warmth and joy and magic spreads from heart to heart. This Christmas spirit that we feel, has been passed on to us, from all who came before us. The love has traveled forward in time to the present all around us. The care of those who came before us is alive and well, it is something we can see and feel and experience. The magic and love does not just appear or begin one day, rather it is a living energy, that has never died out. It is a flame that burns and is passed on from heart to heart.

Our memories are alive and vivid, this Christmas is made of all of the Christmases of the past. We feel the joy and the magic of memories from long long ago, they burn bright in our hearts, and minds. The whole world comes together to share in this spirit.
    It is the coldest darkest time of year, and out of that darkness people find the light that is in their hearts, and they take that light and make it a reality in the world around them. Lights are hung, candles are lit, bows are decorated, and trees shine bright. Songs of joy, and kindness fill the air. Smells of sweets, and goodies are everywhere. The spirit of Christmas, is a time where we take what would be a dark time, and we find the brightness that shines in our hearts, and we look to the goodness, and kindness, in our hearts, and we celebrate our togetherness.

Even for those who are alone, you are not really alone, because the whole world is sharing the spirit of Christmas, all you have to do is feel it, and you will be in the company of the kindness, and love, that is pouring out of hearts all around the world. And for those who long for loved ones, we are the living continuations of all who came before us. The hearts of those who we love, were born into ours, and have become part of who we are. If we know how to look we will feel them with us still. The power of love, and kindness, are the greatest things there are. Love is the most powerful force in the universe, and it is love that fuels the spirit of Christmas.

May all beings near and far feel the love and joy that the spirit of Christmas brings.

Merry Christmas to all.
    JAP

*To see Christmas around the world see post #27 you will see that the spirit of Christmas is alive all over the world.
    Merry Christmas to you too. (I am now ready for Christmas - I wait until after my B. Day.)
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (12-17-2018)

+ Reply to Thread