Members banned from this thread: Captain Obvious

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are the Real Rules of This Forum?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 14,132x in 10,760 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post

Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,935x in 6,373 Posts
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a question about moderation, not a mod action. There's a difference although I don't expect some to understand due to the lack of cognitive skills.
    I know the difference. Maybe you should explain it to your buddy. He is talking about mod action.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,670x in 2,448 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first three posts are frigging priceless. Never laughed so hard.
    I was going to sell my guns to the government but you wouldn’t believe what came up during the background check

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (12-27-2018)

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,648x in 32,855 Posts
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is a question about moderation, not a mod action. There's a difference although I don't expect some to understand due to the lack of cognitive skills.

I agree, the OP is a general question about forum rules. It's Wolf's pretentious post that makes it about a mod action by pointing out the cause for the OP (which is, if still in doubt) found fully stated in the Hole.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-28-2018)

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,275
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,687x in 5,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, I normally ignore the cow skull's posts, but I just have to ask. Can anyone explain to me what the hell he just said in Post #14? Jesus Stop Dancing Christ, if I'd known he was going to follow me around the board for two to three years making foolish, nonsensical comments about my posts because I criticized and embarrassed him...I'd have done considerably more at the time to criticize and embarrass him. I was being deliberately kind and restrained.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

"All three of my kids are adopted, and I'm always telling them, 'Don't ever get high and sign things'." - Paula Poundstone

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (12-31-2018),Dr. Who (12-27-2018),Green Arrow (12-27-2018),Just AnotherPerson (12-27-2018),Lummy (12-28-2018),Safety (12-28-2018),silvereyes (01-03-2019)

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Okay, I normally ignore the cow skull's posts, but I just have to ask. Can anyone explain to me what the hell he just said in Post #14? Jesus Stop Dancing Christ, if I'd known he was going to follow me around the board for two to three years making foolish, nonsensical comments about my posts because I criticized and embarrassed him...I'd have done considerably more at the time to criticize and embarrass him. I was being deliberately kind and restrained.
    That I am stalking you is delusional. That you have ever embarrassed me, or ever could, is delusional. That your ego cannot bear criticism of what you post is demonstrably true by emotional outbursts such as that above.

What I said was you made the thread into a criticism of a moderation action. You did so with these words: "There is no excuse for personal attacks and insults, under any circumstances. Some people will perceive an insult, of course, if you do nothing more than disagree with them about something, but there's little a person can do about that. I know the thread you're referring to and you were insulted, no question."

That ""There is no excuse for personal attacks and insults, under any circumstances" is something you ought to heed.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,184x in 4,307 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You kind of know when you are posting in bad faith against the rules. At least, I do. I guess, you can realize it or ignore it... that being, your behavior.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (01-03-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    You kind of know when you are posting in bad faith against the rules. At least, I do. I guess, you can realize it or ignore it... that being, your behavior.
    The rules are fairly commonsensical. And when you disagree with a mod action you can report or PM the disagreement to the mod team. Self-serving airing of grievances about rules, mods, and other members only serves to undermine the forum.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 706
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,952x in 2,745 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    His post was spot on. Your feigned ignorance fools no one. Get over yourself.

Progressivism, ideas so good, they have to be mandatory

14. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Chris (12-28-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,184x in 4,307 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The rules are fairly commonsensical. And when you disagree with a mod action you can report or PM the disagreement to the mod team. Self-serving airing of grievances about rules, mods, and other members only serves to undermine the forum.
    Tis why I never report nor complain. I dont really care enough to complain I guess. For Forum smoothness and continuity.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

+ Reply to Thread