User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone so polarized as concerning President Trump?

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    You know its one thing to cast your vote for a politician who at least in the first instance was not renowned for moral turpitude and disreputable financial conduct versus voting for someone who was infamous for these things. Would you invest money with a man who the banks won't touch with a ten-foot pole? Would you involve yourself in a business deal with a man with a history of 1200 lawsuits by unpaid contractors and shafted investors? Would you really want any financial relationship with a man who employs a crooked lawyer as a 'fixer' for his legal woes and who ran a fraudulent university in order to bilk students of tuition like a common grifter?

Yet you invest your vote in such a man whose middle name should be Fraud, in the hopes that he will make anything right. The man had a laundry list of wishes, cherry-picked from the conservative media talking heads that he sold to the willingly blind. He's not a politician, he's a largely failed CEO. Does he even try to unite the right, never mind gain support from the left? No. He is a divisive force in the Republican party who either keep their disdain for him to themselves but occasionally dare to speak out. He goes out of his way to divide the public. Where it counts, he doesn't get Republican votes despite the fact that they may disingenuously sing his praises in public. He is about to become another lame duck President midway in his first term of office. He is surrounded by people who have been or are now indicted for unlawful activities, some of whom who have now been convicted. He is like a dystopic Pigpen in the Charlie Brown comic strip with his own personal cloud of corruption following him.

Did no one ever tell you about the results of making a deal with the devil?
    You're slipping farther and farther away from reality. You are looking for God knows what. No one who voted for Trump was fooled about anything . We knew what we were getting.

That you don't like him doesn't mean anything. He won without your vote and he will be reelected without your vote. This applies to the whole left.

You try to psychobabble us and we just look at you and laugh. We elected the President we wanted. We don't need or ask for your approval.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Chris (01-03-2019),MisterVeritis (01-03-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that you are predisposed not to recognize the devil if you tripped over him. Hillary was and is indeed crooked which is no excuse for putting an equally depraved individual into power just because he was singing along to the conservative dog whistles.
    We won the election and it is just killing you. You voted for a loser if you voted at all. He will still be available for you to $#@! about for 6 more years. Enjoy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-03-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It isn't just one book. Numerous articles have covered it from reputable sources to include the NYT and the History Channel.
    Okay. The NYT did me in.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    We made no deal with the devil. Crooked Hillary was soundly defeated. We voted for Trump. He won. We won.
    It seems as if the nuttier ones here think if they $#@! enough they will wake up with Hildebeast as President.

They think if they $#@! enough we will see the errors of our ways. They don't make sense. They don't understand what we wanted and got.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-03-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you have sold your soul, you can't get it back. You are damned.
    You worry about your soul and we'll worry about ours, those who believe they have one. I sold nothing but you are selling a bill of goods. You were bought cheaply and with little effort on Satan's part. He probably sent one of his minor demons to make his offer to you. Enjoy Hell.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Donald Trump is not a good person. He is the epitome of both, ignorance and want. He will never be given respect because he is not worthy. Anyone who supports this man gives his ignorance and want power and makes them an extension of who he is. It puts a stain on whomever supports him.
    I am an extension of no one. There is no stain on me. Trish, you need to look in a mirror after this one.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Same response, actually.

Up front, I don't like Trump personally, don't like the way he presents himself. Then again I didn't like the way Obama presented himself either, smooth talker and all. But I manage to seperate that from their politics. Trump, as I've made clear many a time, I agree with on some actions, like tax cuts and deregulation and court nominations, but disagree with him on the wall (not immigration) and tariffs, and I'm well aware of arguments on these actions and more, and those disagreements lead to interesting discussions. But to simply condemn his actions for the way he presents himself I can never agree with.

Let me explain what I mean by self-righteous moralizing. The self-righteous part is the assumption some one or group or thing or abstraction has violated law, Constitution, morals based on mere accusation, the assumption of truth without so much as a rational argument supporing it. Self-righteousness also assume a sense of moral superiority and ties into moralizing: "comment on issues of right and wrong, typically with an unfounded air of superiority." The moralizing also aims to associate the same moral evil assumed and accused with anyone who disagrees. This applies here to Trump but it also applies to many other topics.

Not liking Trump, OK, that's your perogative. Same with just liking him. Sorry, but it just doesn't amount to much.
    Thanks Chris. I respect you and I appreciate our discussions. Many times I'm playing catch up intellectually with you on issues. (grin)

On Trump we disagree. It's beyond not liking this man. His lack of curiosity is a danger to this country. His bizarre fascination and propensity for dictators and authoritarians is concerning. His refusal to be transparent with his taxes raises questions. The fact that so many around him have been convicted, indicted or investigated speaks for itself.

I cannot wrap my mind around how so many Americans can turn the other way and pretend these things are normal and don't matter. I guess we all have a price but my soul is not for sale.

I will pass on supporting this man and keep my dignity. I'm not adverse to suffering a bit longer for the immigration and regulation reform that I agree needs to be done.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (01-03-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    You worry about your soul and we'll worry about ours, those who believe they have one. I sold nothing but you are selling a bill of goods. You were bought cheaply and with little effort on Satan's part. He probably sent one of his minor demons to make his offer to you. Enjoy Hell.
    Oh teh dramaz.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-03-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Same response, actually.

Up front, I don't like Trump personally, don't like the way he presents himself. Then again I didn't like the way Obama presented himself either, smooth talker and all. But I manage to seperate that from their politics. Trump, as I've made clear many a time, I agree with on some actions, like tax cuts and deregulation and court nominations, but disagree with him on the wall (not immigration) and tariffs, and I'm well aware of arguments on these actions and more, and those disagreements lead to interesting discussions. But to simply condemn his actions for the way he presents himself I can never agree with.

Let me explain what I mean by self-righteous moralizing. The self-righteous part is the assumption some one or group or thing or abstraction has violated law, Constitution, morals based on mere accusation, the assumption of truth without so much as a rational argument supporing it. Self-righteousness also assume a sense of moral superiority and ties into moralizing: "comment on issues of right and wrong, typically with an unfounded air of superiority." The moralizing also aims to associate the same moral evil assumed and accused with anyone who disagrees. This applies here to Trump but it also applies to many other topics.

Not liking Trump, OK, that's your perogative. Same with just liking him. Sorry, but it just doesn't amount to much.
    Oh, a little self-righteousness is needed to bring things to a head. Then we can make a choice. The sanctimonious left did just that and it did nothing for them. They turned into mental cases at best and idiots at worst.

I didn't vote for who gets to be God or the Pope. I voted for who gets to be President. Why these people think I would vote against my best interest is hard to understand.

We have been told now that we made a deal with the Devil and have been damned and have stains on us. I'm going to make a list for the next time I confess my sins.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-03-2019),Trish (01-03-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It isn't just one book. Numerous articles have covered it from reputable sources to include the NYT and the History Channel.
    LOL LOL LOL

Such reputable sources as the NYT and the History Channel. I would believe the National Enquirer first.

+ Reply to Thread