User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone so polarized as concerning President Trump?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Here is how I see it, and I am no fan of Obama in many regards. But, during Obama we had a steady improvement of the economy, and he was not destroying the environment or giving tax breaks to the wealthy to do it. Recovery was slow but even though he was gearing towards green energy we were still recovering. Unlike Trump, he is using harsh methods to so called fix the economy. While he is fixing the economy he is destroying our land air and water, and ruining our nation. I would not call that progress. And, he is just borrowing in order to make it look like we are doing better. If you look at the big picture we are doing worse by far. He is truly plundering our nation.
    Since the focus is economy, I'll address those points.

Yes, the economy improved under Obama. But that is natural to the bust and boom cycles of any economy. Obama slowed recovery just like FDR did. In fact, it was...

And the economy continues to improve under Trump. Could it be those "harsh" methods like cutting taxes and rebulation? Who knows.

As for borrowing, the facts are as follows, U.S. Debt by President by Dollar and Percent:

...Donald Trump: As projected in the FY 2019 budget, Trump plans to add $4.775 trillion, a 29-percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget for FY 2017.

...Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74-percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.
    Seems they have both borrowed a lot.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-01-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,585x in 94,416 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    "Twice as strong"? That's certainly a claim you can't prove.

The economic upturn began with Obama and the trend has continued. Trump's tax cuts have helped economic growth, but they have also contributed to the growing deficit.

Attachment 24956

If you take your graph and average it out, the post tax cut economy is out performing the pre-tax economy by 100% in increase in GDP. It is much more apparent if you look back to when Obama took office.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-01-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Since the focus is economy, I'll address those points.

Yes, the economy improved under Obama. But that is natural to the bust and boom cycles of any economy. Obama slowed recovery just like FDR did. In fact, it was...

And the economy continues to improve under Trump. Could it be those "harsh" methods like cutting taxes and rebulation? Who knows.

As for borrowing, the facts are as follows, U.S. Debt by President by Dollar and Percent:

Seems they have both borrowed a lot.
    I never said that they didn't both borrow a lot. You are right about that. My point was the even with the methods of going green and not harming the environment growth was still happening. I am not sticking up for Obama though. I was very displeased in many ways with him. I did not think he was working hard enough at going green, I think he could have been more aggressive. I didn't agree with Obama care, or his mass murder of Syrians.

I strongly disagree with trumps methods at fixing our economy. That is just how I feel about it. Just sharing my opinion, not trying to change yours.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Trump never said he was a conservative. He said what he'd like to do. Some of it I liked, some of it I didn't believe was possible and some of it I didn't care about.

Clinton disgusted me. She would have been nailing the coffin lid on America.

Given the choices, I picked Trump, warts and all.
    Agree about Trump and Hillary.

I voted 3rd Party and plan to in the future.

I do like what Trump has done for the federal judiciary. I am disappointed that Trump has caved on his foreign policy position that he articulated in his May 2016 speech- that was amazing. What he has done, largely is just wrong in the foreign policy world. He also should have vetoed all spending bills from Congress.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Everything Obama said about the future of our economy has been disproved.
    He said that out of frustration because his plans for the economy dampened economic growth.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-01-2019)

Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I never said that they didn't both borrow a lot. You are right about that. My point was the even with the methods of going green and not harming the environment growth was still happening. I am not sticking up for Obama though. I was very displeased in many ways with him. I did not think he was working hard enough at going green, I think he could have been more aggressive. I didn't agree with Obama care, or his mass murder of Syrians.

I strongly disagree with trumps methods at fixing our economy. That is just how I feel about it. Just sharing my opinion, not trying to change yours.

That's fine, how you feel, I was just presenting facts.

As for environment, we might compare actions each has taken, and feelings about that, but the effects won't be seen for decades or more, so there are no facts to really compare.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is how I see it, and I am no fan of Obama in many regards. But, during Obama we had a steady improvement of the economy, and he was not destroying the environment or giving tax breaks to the wealthy to do it. Recovery was slow but even though he was gearing towards green energy we were still recovering. Unlike Trump, he is using harsh methods to so called fix the economy. While he is fixing the economy he is destroying our land air and water, and ruining our nation. I would not call that progress. And, he is just borrowing in order to make it look like we are doing better. If you look at the big picture we are doing worse by far. He is truly plundering our nation.
    Recovery was the slowest in US history under Obama. I can't support that under any circumstance.

The green energy field is doing just fine. They will cover 80% of human needs by the year 2100.

Things are better today than at any previous time in history.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-01-2019),MisterVeritis (01-01-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,521x in 14,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    I have never before seen the country so polarized as it is about Donald Trump: Some appear to view him as the very personification of all that is evil--he can do nothing right--whereas others seem to see him as the apotheosis of all that is good--and he can do no wrong.

Why can't we simply agree that he is a human being--just like the rest of us--and that, like the rest of us, he is sometimes right, and sometimes wrong?

Personally, I think that he has been right more often than not. But I did not care for his intrusion upon free trade; and his recent dustup with the Fed is not good either, in my opinion.
    The country has been increasingly polarized for decades. Polarization causes people to defend the indefenceable , without which the donkephant would have to be evaluated on it's collective actions . In that case they could not survive.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,113x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I think that you misunderstand the #metoo movement. It's not about philandering males or even hound dogs, it's about men using some form of coercion to get what they want from women sexually or disregarding their right not to be 'manhandled' by an aggressive male, which includes groping or having kisses forced upon them or worse. It also includes having their right to privacy while they are dressing violated. Women can be as promiscuous as men, but at the end of the day, when it comes to defending oneself against unwanted attentions, men have the physical advantage over women and often have significant control in the corporate power structure which some are not averse to using for their own sexual gratification.
    Right... Presidents never have used their power over women... Especially the "hound dogs"....
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,250x in 27,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Green" is the new home of the Marxist Reds. We can do without it.

We will change energy producing technologies when the market demands it.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

+ Reply to Thread