Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm here if you need an ear. As far as me, I'm fine. Life is life and we either go with the flow or watch as it passes us by.
    Glad to hear that you're doing alright.

I don't know how much I want to share here in public. People always just use things I disclose about my personal life to hurt me. You know, for example I've revealed that I struggle with anxiety and depression and people use that knowledge to be all "Off your medication today, I see" followed by a pic of pill box when they disagree with me about something because it's just hilarious that I require antidepressants. Shouldn't have ever said anything, but it's way too late for that now. I feel like if I say very much about my mom, people will just use that knowledge to perhaps make fun of her for suffering as a way of getting to me emotionally because that's the kind of community this is. I don't think that's in her best interests or mine.

Anyway, with regard to that last part, I think you're right. The experts all say that that's the way to lead a longer, happier life. That's doubtless a major part of my problem: I spend so much of my life trying to change things instead of just accepting things and going along.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 01-04-2019 at 07:28 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Trish (01-04-2019)