Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,082x in 10,768 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    ISIL was always taken seriously.
    Obama called them the 'jv team'. @donttread labeled them the bogeyman one month prior to the attacks in Paris. ISIL wasn't taken seriously by you either Peter, that record quite clear. Your call for overt and direct confrontation occurred only after Paris as well. You had to be set straight, tightened up. And I've never seen my tuition check either by the way. The savior of your water cooler reputation at work is my nickname.

They broke away from al Qaeda because they thought al Qaeda was too soft. Much of the fight against Jihadists was directed against ISIL (because al Qaeda was rather quickly decimated).
    ISIS was rolled back by overt military confrontation that you and donttread and Ethereal and many others here vehemently opposed.

The evidence there and quite apparent, Pete. You didn't call for that inevitable overt action against ISIS until November of 2015. That is by the way then the French and British Parliament realized overt action would be necessary as well. Until then, covert military strikes only is what your opinion was. That ISIS was a sideshow. That any outcomes in Syria weren't in our national interests, that it would take some 100,000+ US troops....not coalition troops....100,000 US combat troops to defeat ISIS.

And of course, reality proved you all so terribly terribly wrong. Violently wrong. Those in government who mirrored your analyses.....such as President Obama....cost the US lives and material. I'll never forget it.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,213
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Okay, racist slavemaster.
    I'm curious why pointing out your stubborn error regarding flu vaccines and pointing out the fact that ALL Americans were asleep prior to 9-11 regarding threats to our national interests makes me a slavemaster.

Now, I am owning now two of your arguments and making the Captain kneel at my command, but other than that.....

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears, Ransom, that you feel you're running out of time to be wrong and so must cram as much in as possible before the end.
    You are wrong about police.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (01-05-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I'm curious why pointing out your stubborn error regarding flu vaccines and pointing out the fact that ALL Americans were asleep prior to 9-11 regarding threats to our national interests makes me a slavemaster.

Now, I am owning now two of your arguments and making the Captain kneel at my command, but other than that.....
    Stay in your happy place, it's safer there.

I understand now why you choose hiding behind walls.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,624x in 14,845 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama called them the 'jv team'. @donttread labeled them the bogeyman one month prior to the attacks in Paris. ISIL wasn't taken seriously by you either Peter, that record quite clear. Your call for overt and direct confrontation occurred only after Paris as well. You had to be set straight, tightened up. And I've never seen my tuition check either by the way. The savior of your water cooler reputation at work is my nickname.

ISIS was rolled back by overt military confrontation that you and donttread and Ethereal and many others here vehemently opposed.

The evidence there and quite apparent, Pete. You didn't call for that inevitable overt action against ISIS until November of 2015. That is by the way then the French and British Parliament realized overt action would be necessary as well. Until then, covert military strikes only is what your opinion was. That ISIS was a sideshow. That any outcomes in Syria weren't in our national interests, that it would take some 100,000+ US troops....not coalition troops....100,000 US combat troops to defeat ISIS.

And of course, reality proved you all so terribly terribly wrong. Violently wrong. Those in government who mirrored your analyses.....such as President Obama....cost the US lives and material. I'll never forget it.

Maybe but ISIS was also fueled by the "interventions" that you @Ransom , supported. We have and will continue to create more haters than we can kill. It is and has been the nature of this beast. The only effective answer is to stop kicking the bee hive, move away from foreign oil ( drying up terrorism funding to a degree in the process) and letting the ME be what it is.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,406x in 94,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling them a JV team is not the same as not taking them seriously. I called them that and explained why: essentially ISIL was a light motorized infantry force. They had little of anything else, although some, to include armor, artillery, air defenses, and an air force. Compared to any modern army they were the JV team. But even the JV team can win if you don't take them seriously.

I did not oppose striking ISIL, I was opposed to occupying Iraq. In the end, Iraq had to win back their country. A similar story for Syria. You never understood that.

That was true based on what the NEOCONs said they wanted to do- they had a stated goal, and those numbers would be needed to achieve that goal. Instead we pushed local forces to do the heavy lifting on the ground and we supported them.

I am sure you will never forget. You also don't understand what happened and why.

Syria was a very good example since so few US forces were needed- to support local units.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that the US military/intelligence community has a 19 year old hit list buoys me.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-05-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    It appears, Ransom, that you feel you're running out of time to be wrong and so must cram as much in as possible before the end.
    If I'd run out of time to be wrong, Helena, I'd be trying to assign a term like racist slave master.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Stay in your happy place, it's safer there.

I understand now why you choose hiding behind walls.
    Mine are brick. And then I've an 8 foot fence surrounding my back yard that both protects and prevents my two canine terrorists from escaping.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-06-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Maybe but ISIS was also fueled by the "interventions" that you @Ransom , supported.
    Remind me again of your support for the first Persian Gulf War and why you supported it, then I'd like to make a point, thanks.

We have and will continue to create more haters than we can kill. It is and has been the nature of this beast. The only effective answer is to stop kicking the bee hive, move away from foreign oil ( drying up terrorism funding to a degree in the process) and letting the ME be what it is.
    You no longer want to get involved with starving Somalians then? You want to let be what it is sorta like the French were prior to November of 2015?

And please please donttread. Research the move away from foreign oil that has already occurred. Understand it's not all about oil, our required intervention against ISIS for example that you vehemently opposed wasn't about oil.

+ Reply to Thread