Members banned from this thread: Green Arrow


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 138

Thread: Acosta making another ass out of himself again.

  1. #81
    Original Ranter
    Points: 272,133, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    770755
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76,151
    Points
    272,133
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    27,070
    Thanked 36,897x in 25,123 Posts
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    this is not that thread. There is no reference to that thread in this thread. And no, I did not read that thread. So, refresh us with those numbers
    Somebody else will spoon feed you, I'm not in the mood.
    my junk is ugly

  2. #82
    Points: 58,190, Level: 58
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    39833
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    21,179
    Points
    58,190
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    37,047
    Thanked 10,851x in 7,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I like to think beyond stupid, funny like that I guess.

    Like managing the legal process of illegals. If that's what's broken...

    Yeah, I'm spinning wheels. Just build a wall, it solves everything.
    we know you can b!tch, but do you have a solution, or are you just going to complain about other's ideas?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  3. #83
    Points: 58,190, Level: 58
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    39833
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    21,179
    Points
    58,190
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    37,047
    Thanked 10,851x in 7,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Somebody else will spoon feed you, I'm not in the mood.
    so, no...you can't do it........you can't even cite anything you post.................
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  4. #84
    Points: 181,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    261733
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    80,014
    Points
    181,452
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,149
    Thanked 30,700x in 22,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    It can't be determined at 100% accuracy. What we know is that apprehensions are down (and have been consistently trending down for 18 years) and enforcement is up, not to mention the known illegal population has not increased substantively in around 10 years, so a logical conclusion to be drawn is that crossings are down. If crossings are up, why aren't apprehensions up? Why isn't the known population up?

    Also, no one has a solid number on how many illegal aliens are in the country today.

    Besides, I never once said Illegal entires are up. That is something you just made up to move the goalposts. I say whatever the number is, it’s too high. When you say I’m claiming illegal crossing are up, that is a lie. A bald faced lie. I never said that. You are lying.

    If you you want to talk about misrepresenting facts, you did that. I originally said that 400K enter illegally each year. You said that “300k of them are apprehended”. That means you are claiming only 100K people enter illegally each year. You are claiming 300k out of 400k are apprehended. That is a claim which can not be supported factually.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 01-12-2019 at 08:14 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (01-13-2019)

  6. #85
    Points: 181,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    261733
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    80,014
    Points
    181,452
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,149
    Thanked 30,700x in 22,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    so, no...you can't do it........you can't even cite anything you post.................
    Don’t feed the troll.

  7. #86
    Points: 140,372, Level: 90
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 2,678
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Green Arrow's Avatar Overlord
    Karma
    619379
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    46,127
    Points
    140,372
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    52,997
    Thanked 24,128x in 15,790 Posts
    Mentioned
    1655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    that contradicts current information. The reason illegal activity was down was due in part to Obama's hand in the mix.
    President Obama's Record of Dismantling Immigration Enforcement
    https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...on-enforcement
    It does not contradict current information. What I said is current information. Trump himself has bragged about his policies lowering the number of crossings.

    The facts are CBP has caught fewer and fewer crossers over the last 18 years. Trump himself has seen 20% decrease in apprehensions.
    "A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all-knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962), American social activist and First Lady of the United States

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Arrow For This Useful Post:

    Captain Obvious (01-12-2019)

  9. #87
    Points: 140,372, Level: 90
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 2,678
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Green Arrow's Avatar Overlord
    Karma
    619379
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    46,127
    Points
    140,372
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    52,997
    Thanked 24,128x in 15,790 Posts
    Mentioned
    1655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Besides, I never once said Illegal entires are up. That is something you just made up to move the goalposts. I say whatever the number is, it’s too high. When you say I’m claiming illegal crossing are up, that is a lie. A bald faced lie. I never said that. You are lying.
    I don't lie. You want to attack my character just because you're losing the argument? Fine. We're done. Go $#@! a horse.
    "A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all-knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962), American social activist and First Lady of the United States

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Arrow For This Useful Post:

    Captain Obvious (01-12-2019)

  11. #88
    Points: 181,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    261733
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    80,014
    Points
    181,452
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,149
    Thanked 30,700x in 22,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    I don't lie. You want to attack my character just because you're losing the argument? Fine. We're done. Go $#@! a horse.
    You did lie. You claimed that I said illegal entries are on the rise. I never said any such thing and you know it. Knowingly making a false claim is a

    I destroyed your argument. I destroyed it so effectively that you had to lie about my comments.

  12. #89
    Original Ranter
    Points: 272,133, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    770755
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76,151
    Points
    272,133
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    27,070
    Thanked 36,897x in 25,123 Posts
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    You did lie. You claimed that I said illegal entries are on the rise. I never said any such thing and you know it. Knowingly making a false claim is a

    I destroyed your argument. I destroyed it so effectively that you had to lie about my comments.
    my junk is ugly

  13. #90
    Points: 9,780, Level: 23
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1356
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,742
    Points
    9,780
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    909
    Thanked 1,346x in 851 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    Going by the facts even at the non-wall sections there's no "crisis."
    In your opinion. However, to support that opinion what data have you reviewed? What inspections of the various points on the border have you inspected? What border patrol and local residents have you interviewed?

    Again to support your opinion. Or is it based on the "reporting" from reliable sources such as Mr. Acosta?
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (01-12-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO