User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did God come from?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    God came from man's imagination to be used as a fear tactic by overlords to keep large masses of people in line and to dominate certain sub populations.
    Or, "God" or a greater being has been $#@!ized for this purpose.
    my junk is ugly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Cthulhu (01-19-2019)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Or, "God" or a greater being has been $#@!ized for this purpose.
    Nah, God is a concept conjured up by man. It is a successful brainwashing technique to control large masses of people. It has evolved in order to soften it's original conception and to make it more mainstream. More importantly it has become a very powerful tool to manipulate and control the vote of a faction of people.

What I've come to realize is it's a tool for self forgiveness for all the horrible things that people do in the name of God. Look at all the horrible things religious people do in the name of God. They voted in and continue to support the worst human being in my lifetime as President and pretend it's okay because according to them he's doing the work of the lord. hahahahahaha I guess he's doing this in-between $#@! grabbing, cheating on his wives, stiffing his workers, cheating people by selling false promises, threatening those who challenge him, promoting a white nationalist agenda........you get the picture. Anyone who claims they are religious and are a representative of God's values but can support this man, has some seriously $#@!ed up values.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (01-21-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah, God is a concept conjured up by man. It is a successful brainwashing technique to control large masses of people. It has evolved in order to soften it's original conception and to make it more mainstream. More importantly it has become a very powerful tool to manipulate and control the vote of a faction of people.

What I've come to realize is it's a tool for self forgiveness for all the horrible things that people do in the name of God. Look at all the horrible things religious people do in the name of God. They voted in and continue to support the worst human being in my lifetime as President and pretend it's okay because according to them he's doing the work of the lord. hahahahahaha I guess he's doing this in-between $#@! grabbing, cheating on his wives, stiffing his workers, cheating people by selling false promises, threatening those who challenge him, promoting a white nationalist agenda........you get the picture. Anyone who claims they are religious and are a representative of God's values but can support this man, has some seriously $#@!ed up values.
    I have a strong mistrust of organized religion and written history (bible) because I believe those are the words of controlling white men, not God so much but I do believe in God.

Not because of some silly scripture, I love it when "scripture wars" happen and folks try to one-up the other on how much of scripture they know. My personal faith and beliefs are my own which is why I don't wear them on my sleeve or try to shove them down other peoples throats.
    my junk is ugly

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (01-21-2019),Trish (01-19-2019)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strong mistrust of organized religion and written history (bible) because I believe those are the words of controlling white men, not God so much but I do believe in God.

Not because of some silly scripture, I love it when "scripture wars" happen and folks try to one-up the other on how much of scripture they know. My personal faith and beliefs are my own which is why I don't wear them on my sleeve or try to shove them down other peoples throats.
    I respect your position.

It's difficult for me to respect those who hide behind the cross and the idea that the end justifies the means. My morals and principles will not allow me to turn my head and ignore the behavior and character of people. My soul is not for sale. I truly believe there is something more than me and I'm confident that if the time comes that I'm judged I feel confident that by following my heart I will be accepted. Those who dismiss doing the right thing by pretending the end matters are fools. What matters is NOW and how we treat each NOW not how we treat each other once we get what we want. I mean, it's easy to be accommodating once you have what you want.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (01-19-2019),Just AnotherPerson (01-21-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I respect your position.

It's difficult for me to respect those who hide behind the cross and the idea that the end justifies the means. My morals and principles will not allow me to turn my head and ignore the behavior and character of people. My soul is not for sale. I truly believe there is something more than me and I'm confident that if the time comes that I'm judged I feel confident that by following my heart I will be accepted. Those who dismiss doing the right thing by pretending the end matters are fools. What matters is NOW and how we treat each NOW not how we treat each other once we get what we want. I mean, it's easy to be accommodating once you have what you want.
    I get that. Morality out of the want to be moral, not out of fear.
    my junk is ugly

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (01-19-2019),Cthulhu (01-19-2019)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
    Philosophy 101 was a long time ago. Yes, if transcendent when applied to deity means beyond physical limitations - I suppose I prefer to simply spell out the attributes, rather than rely on half-remembered philosophy/theology.
    That God is ever-present beyond physical limitations, where He said, "...before Abraham was, I am". In also, that He is ever-present wherever anyone is, wherever they go, the things they do, the things they speak, as He is their witness, as also the testimony of the truth, of all that has ever transpired. Psalm 139:7: "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" Not one can.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,708x in 54,608 Posts
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    God came from man's imagination to be used as a fear tactic by overlords to keep large masses of people in line and to dominate certain sub populations.

The Marxist view^^ "Die Religion ist der Seufzer der bedrängten Kreatur, das Gemüt einer herzlosen Welt, wie sie der Geist geistloser Zustände ist. Sie ist das Opium des Volks." http://www.dober.de/religionskritik/marx1.html

The neo-Marxist postmodern view^^.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe what you will, and deal with the fact that a large percentage of the planet disagrees with you.

The world will continue to spin on.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    southwest88's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 826x in 625 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precise meanings?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    That God is ever-present beyond physical limitations, where He said, "...before Abraham was, I am". In also, that He is ever-present wherever anyone is, wherever they go, the things they do, the things they speak, as He is their witness, as also the testimony of the truth, of all that has ever transpired. Psalm 139:7: "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" Not one can.
    It's more than that, the Bible cites Him standing outside of time, history, the physical universe - He created the universe, time, created life & all the living things. So it's not purely a physical question - God is presumed to be outside all categories. Unless that's included in transcendent?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)