User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: PragerU Videos

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I could hardly have written a three-inch paragraph on that video if I hadn't watched it. You're just arguing for its own sake. Go and find an actual topic to address.
    As I said, only one sentence in your review of the video had anything at all to do with it. And I addressed that. The rest wandered of into economics and other stuff unrelated to it.

Go and find an actual topic to address.
    Oh, I agree there is no topic here. It was a troll thread from the get go.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think that the term hate propaganda is pretty much self-defined. If propaganda is disinformation i.e. slanted, biased or cherry-picked information, intended to advance a particular cause, then hate propaganda is disinformation intended to encourage people to hate. I encourage freedom of speech but draw the line where it is intended to foment hatred and even fear of other people. Hatred and fear has a way of spiralling out of control and it's small comfort to those injured or killed as a result that there are laws to deal with violence. Assuming that people are all rational is a mistake.

Liberals or leftists see the inequity in the treatment of people who are not part of the majority. Minorities are stereotyped for good or ill and that stereotyping alters the way that they are treated. Majority whites are not treated as a whole based on their least functional members or as their most functional members. Yet minorities are generally viewed through a distorted lens that attributes (more often than not) negative qualities to their majority based on the actions of a minority of their members. Certainly, the majority white population would not tolerate a stereotype that all whites are trailer trash or inbred hillbillies who are too stupid to work, yet these stereotypes abound in the case of minority groups. Some people like to pretend that this is not happening but for those who are members of minority groups, it's a daily fact of life and it can certainly inhibit their ability to be successful, since they have to first prove that they are not a dysfunctional stereotype before they can even be hired and then exceed the standard beyond that of the average white person, in order to advance. That is still an issue in 2019, nevermind how they may be treated by law enforcement. The observation that race issues are addressed by the left is not a problem.

The implication that the left are racist themselves is a calculated piece of disinformation intended to promote the status quo. Are there members of the left that are nuttier than a bag of squirrels, of course. The political fringe of either stripe is populated with extremists. At the moment the wind is blowing left, but it was blowing right for a couple of hundred years. The pendulum will eventually lose that extreme momentum and settle more in the middle.

The implication that the left are racist themselves is a calculated piece of disinformation intended to promote the status quo.
    The left in the form of the Democratic Party has a long history of racism that continues to today and exposed itself when Kayne West visited the White House. Don't you think that should end? How is that then promoting the status quo? How is it hate propoganda?
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-17-2019)

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I encourage freedom of speech but draw the line where it is intended to foment hatred and even fear of other people.
    One can disregard any words that come before "but".

I demand freedom of speech. I don't encourage it. It is a right, not a privilege.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think that the term hate propaganda is pretty much self-defined. If propaganda is disinformation i.e. slanted, biased or cherry-picked information, intended to advance a particular cause, then hate propaganda is disinformation intended to encourage people to hate. I encourage freedom of speech but draw the line where it is intended to foment hatred and even fear of other people. Hatred and fear has a way of spiralling out of control and it's small comfort to those injured or killed as a result that there are laws to deal with violence. Assuming that people are all rational is a mistake.
    No, it's utterly and hopelessly subjective but we all know you have absolutely no problem forcing your values on others.
    Liberals or leftists see the inequity in the treatment of people who are not part of the majority. Minorities are stereotyped for good or ill and that stereotyping alters the way that they are treated. Majority whites are not treated as a whole based on their least functional members or as their most functional members. Yet minorities are generally viewed through a distorted lens that attributes (more often than not) negative qualities to their majority based on the actions of a minority of their members. Certainly, the majority white population would not tolerate a stereotype that all whites are trailer trash or inbred hillbillies who are too stupid to work, yet these stereotypes abound in the case of minority groups. Some people like to pretend that this is not happening but for those who are members of minority groups, it's a daily fact of life and it can certainly inhibit their ability to be successful, since they have to first prove that they are not a dysfunctional stereotype before they can even be hired and then exceed the standard beyond that of the average white person, in order to advance. That is still an issue in 2019, nevermind how they may be treated by law enforcement. The observation that race issues are addressed by the left is not a problem.
    Much of this is imagined but whatever. The point is that Prager didn't say it was a problem per se. He said race matters to the left. It is not insignificant at all. Race forms a cornerstone of your discourse. He's right. Obviously. In this respect, leftists and liberals are quite different.
    The implication that the left are racist themselves is a calculated piece of disinformation intended to promote the status quo. Are there members of the left that are nuttier than a bag of squirrels, of course. The political fringe of either stripe is populated with extremists. At the moment the wind is blowing left, but it was blowing right for a couple of hundred years. The pendulum will eventually lose that extreme momentum and settle more in the middle.
    Really no different from the insinuations leftists (including you) frequently make and he's simply turning the tables. That said, I think it's all a very stupid game and the fact that he engages in it rather than simply denouncing it is not to his credit.
    Last edited by Mister D; 01-17-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The left in the form of the Democratic Party has a long history of racism that continues to today and exposed itself when Kayne West visited the White House. Don't you think that should end? How is that then promoting the status quo? How is it hate propoganda?
    LoL
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    One can disregard any words that come before "but".

I demand freedom of speech. I don't encourage it. It is a right, not a privilege.
    Perhaps that should be rephrased. I encourage freedom of speech except in cases where it makes me uncomfortable.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Perhaps that should be rephrased. I encourage freedom of speech except in cases where it makes me uncomfortable.
    That seems to be the postmodern approach. If it triggers, I can feel it, so it's wrong!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am confident that is what Who meant to write.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Really no different from the insinuations leftists (including you) frequently make and he's simply turning the tables. That said, I think it's all a very stupid game and the fact that he engages in it rather than simply denouncing it is not to his credit.
    ON that we agreed earlier. He's trying to re-co-opt a label when it really doesn't matter, classical liberalism leads to the same end as the left. Both are individualistic and universalistic. They just took different paths.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ON that we agreed earlier. He's trying to re-co-opt a label when it really doesn't matter, classical liberalism leads to the same end as the left. Both are individualistic and universalistic. They just took different paths.
    Do you dislike individuals?

+ Reply to Thread