Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May the PragerU mafia calm down stop trying to strong arm us into watching your propaganda. If we want to watch it we will. No need to try and force us good lord. If I posted an "educational" vid by Hillary Clinton would you watch it? Of course not, you dont like what she stands for. Some of us feel that way about the scandalous PragerU vids and the Wilks Brothers. You are not going to force us to watch it or like it so give it up PragerU Cowboys!

CHILL!!!!
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,427x in 54,993 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Hard to believe you can't tell the difference between telling someone to go away and telling someone they don't need to participate if they don't want to.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    This post is an oversimplification itself. You make broad accusations with no specifics, and somehow that's supposed to lead to the conclusion that the videos are propaganda. How about watching the video I posted and addressing the five points he makes, with specific criticisms?
    Ok PragerU mafioso, I made a thread that has links that tells the agenda of the Wilks bros, we don't want to drink the cool aid and you aint' gonna force us...… http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...-with-our-kids
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    No one actually responds to the members who are truly nuts. Those who are most anti-Trump tend to be the people who find him viscerally repugnant. If you have lived long enough, there are certain types of people who make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and for good reason. For many people, Trump is one such person. He is for me and I'm very sane but that man creeps me out. Even without knowing his background, he has all of the tells of every conman I have ever encountered. It's not TDS, it's self-preservation. There is an old movie, I think it was called They Live, where people wearing special sunglasses could see the evil aliens. It's something like that.

It's TDS no matter how hard you try to justify it. Sunglasses to see evil.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    May the PragerU mafia calm down stop trying to strong arm us into watching your propaganda. If we want to watch it we will. No need to try and force us good lord. If I posted an "educational" vid by Hillary Clinton would you watch it? Of course not, you dont like what she stands for. Some of us feel that way about the scandalous PragerU vids and the Wilks Brothers. You are not going to force us to watch it or like it so give it up PragerU Cowboys!

CHILL!!!!
    Prager mafia? You mean Safety, you, alexa, Obvious? You all seem really freaked out about it, to the point of starting threads to troll about it. Mafia, propaganda, force, scandalous, the emotional language just keeps piling up higher and higher.

Post a video by Hillary, I'll watch and criticize what she says.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,287
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    This post is an oversimplification itself. You make broad accusations with no specifics, and somehow that's supposed to lead to the conclusion that the videos are propaganda. How about watching the video I posted and addressing the five points he makes, with specific criticisms?
    Ok - where do I begin? Prager begins by oversimplifing the distinction between the left and Liberals as if they are two entirely different categories, which is false. People are not that neatly categorized. There is a spectrum between classical liberals and the far left. The rest starts to fall apart if there are no neat categories. There are people who support capitalism but don't support the notion that their nation is always right. There are people who don't believe in segregation of any kind but still acknowledge that racism exists and that some speech crosses the line into incitement to hate. Hate propaganda. There are some people that believe that capitalism is not necessarily the best way to lift people out of poverty because it requires a degree of poverty in order to sustain the model and yet are not willing to move to a communist model but will not declare that capitalism is the most perfect economic model. There is also the fact that Prager's video is propagandizing American nationalism, in that if you don't believe the old slogans, you hate America. You can't love America and care about the rest of the world. His attitude is decidedly unChristian in that the American Christian should not feel that he is a citizen of the world - not his brother's keeper beyond the borders of America. If you view America's role in the geopolitics of the last 50 years somewhat unfavorably, you are not just a thinking person with a conscience and a sense of wrong and right, but you are a leftist nut.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

alexa (01-15-2019),Just AnotherPerson (01-16-2019),Safety (01-15-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Ok PragerU mafioso, I made a thread that has links that tells the agenda of the Wilks bros, we don't want to drink the cool aid and you aint' gonna force us...… http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...-with-our-kids
    Read it, nice attacking the messenger when you can't seem to attack the message.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Ok - where do I begin? Prager begins by oversimplifing the distinction between the left and Liberals as if they are two entirely different categories, which is false. People are not that neatly categorized. There is a spectrum between classical liberals and the far left. The rest starts to fall apart if there are no neat categories. There are people who support capitalism but don't support the notion that their nation is always right. There are people who don't believe in segregation of any kind but still acknowledge that racism exists and that some speech crosses the line into incitement to hate. Hate propaganda. There are some people that believe that capitalism is not necessarily the best way to lift people out of poverty because it requires a degree of poverty in order to sustain the model and yet are not willing to move to a communist model but will not declare that capitalism is the most perfect economic model. There is also the fact that Prager's video is propagandizing American nationalism, in that if you don't believe the old slogans, you hate America. You can't love America and care about the rest of the world. His attitude is decidedly unChristian in that the American Christian should not feel that he is a citizen of the world - not his brother's keeper beyond the borders of America. If you view America's role in the geopolitics of the last 50 years somewhat unfavorably, you are not just a thinking person with a conscience and a sense of wrong and right, but you are a leftist nut.
    Begin by using one of his videos for example. You make these vague, oversimplified generalizations with no evidence to support it. Most of what you just posted is just your sown leftist views.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hard to believe you can't tell the difference between telling someone to go away and telling someone they don't need to participate if they don't want to.
    Other than a distinction without a difference? Tell me moar!
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Other than a distinction without a difference? Tell me moar!
    Hard to believe you can't see the difference, or, perhaps, why you refuse to.

Take JAP, please. She just posted she's being forced to watch PragerU videos. I could say to her she doesn't have to. That's different than telling someone you're irritated qith to leave a thread.

No, I don't expect you to see the difference, but others will.

+ Reply to Thread