Members banned from this thread: Mister D

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: MAGA Catholic School teens taunting Native American Viet Nam Vet goes Viral

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,096x in 10,778 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Well at least I'm waiting for more of the story to develop before making a determination of fault.

Like a typical Trump supporter, your mind is already made up.

That you choose to be a cheerleading buffoon is a reflection on you, not me.
    Has the story developed, Captain Obvious? Have you made any "determinations", does the truth mirror the media's version of events.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're waiting for your bus on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on a school field trip and a creepy old guy steps up and starts drumming and singing in your face. What would yoU do?

I would stand by politely. Having an equally "creepy" smirk? Probably would skip that myself.
    Last edited by jimmyz; 01-21-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,096x in 10,778 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the Indigenous Peoples hold each other to account? Being a bit of an historian, I do know some of the history of the American Indian...how for example the Comanche drove the Apache out of the North American Southwest virtually exterminating them. Are the Apache representatives addressing Comanche ancestry, asking for just compensation? Showing evidence of ethnic cleansing or forced starvations? Indian tribes did have their civil wars, their leadership most interested in western weaponry in order to kill their enemies.

Course.....the Indians for the most part, very poor. Very dependent on local resources, no access to anything but. Their teepees for example set on top of Last Chance Gulch one of the largest US gold deposits....and they had no idea what it was. The dull yellow rocks cascading down their waterway....children's rock collections nothing more.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,861x in 10,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full video has been released and it shows the Indigenous guy started the whole thing. All the kid did was smile. Wow. liberals here ought to be embarrassed but they won't be.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

countryboy (01-21-2019),MisterVeritis (01-21-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,530x in 2,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    The full video has been released and it shows the Indigenous guy started the whole thing. All the kid did was smile. Wow. liberals here ought to be embarrassed but they won't be.
    What should be embarrassing is a group of people on a so called March For Life who support someone who's demonization of others is antithetical to such. MAGA!
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ripmeister For This Useful Post:

alexa (01-21-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmeister View Post
    What should be embarrassing is a group of people on a so called March For Life who support someone who's demonization of others is antithetical to such. MAGA!
    This is kook stuff. Having seen the truth you reject it for lies.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-22-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,612x in 25,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious, what has Trump done that's antithetical to life?

Listen, he's the President. You can support or not support him, but really shouldn't chastise this group for supporting the most pro-life president ever because you don't like his in-your-face politics. I know a lot of people in the pro-life movement who don't like his methods either but voted for him because of his pro-life stance. Saving the lives of the unborn is of paramount importance to these folks. This is a very passionate issue to alot of people. I try hard not to demonize those that supported Hillary, but I have plenty of reason to and definitely could do so. It is unseemly.

There's a lot of things about this President's methods that I don't like, but it was about the courts for me. We're winning that issue.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-22-2019),hanger4 (01-21-2019),MisterVeritis (01-21-2019)

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,792x in 13,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Damn, the very next post, as if on cue.

Hey rip, you might wanna wake up and smell the organic, shade grown, fair trade coffee.

From The Atlantic.

I Failed the Covington Catholic TestNext time there’s a viral story, I’ll wait for more facts to emerge.
    By Sunday morning, more videos had surfaced, and I started looking for the clip that showed them chanting support for the wall. I couldn’t find it, but I did find a confrontation more complicated than I’d first believed. I saw a few people yelling terrible insults at the students before Phillips approached, which cast an ugly pall over the scene. I saw Phillips approach the students; I had believed him when he said he’d intended his drumming to defuse the tension, but I also wondered how a group of high-school students could have gleaned that when he didn’t articulate it in a language they might understand.

I hated the maga hats some of the kids were wearing, their listless tomahawk chops, the way some of their chanting mocked Phillips’s. But I also saw someone with Phillips yelling at a few of the kids that his people had been here first, that Europeans had stolen their land. While I wouldn’t disagree, the scene was at odds with the reports that Phillips and those with him were attempting to calm a tense situation.

As I watched the longer videos, I began to see the smirking kid in a different light. It seemed to me that a wave of emotions rolled over his face as Phillips approached him: confusion, fear, resolve. He finally, I thought, settled on an expression designed to mimic respect while signaling to his friends that he had this under control. Observing it, I wondered what different reaction I could have reasonably hoped a high-school junior to have in such an unfamiliar and bewildering situation. I came up empty.

Let’s assume the worst, and agree that the boy was being disrespectful. That still would not justify the death threats he’s been receiving. It would not justify the harassment of the other Covington Catholic student who wasn’t even in Washington, D.C., but who was falsely identified as the smirker by some social-media users. Online vigilantes unearthed his parents’ address and peppered his family with threats all weekend long, even as they were trying to celebrate a family wedding, accusing them of raising a racist and promising to harm their family business.

The story is a Rorschach test—tell me how you first reacted, and I can probably tell where you live, who you voted for in 2016, and your general take on a list of other issues—but it shouldn’t be. Take away the video and tell me why millions of people care so much about an obnoxious group of high-school students protesting legalized abortion and a small circle of American Indians protesting centuries of mistreatment who were briefly locked in a tense standoff. Take away Twitter and Facebook and explain why total strangers care so much about people they don’t know in a confrontation they didn’t witness. Why are we all so primed for outrage, and what if the thousands of words and countless hours spent on this had been directed toward something consequential?

If the Covington Catholic incident was a test, it’s one I failed—along with most others. Will we learn from it, or will we continue to roam social media, looking for the next outrage fix? Next time a story like this surfaces, I’ll try to sit it out until more facts have emerged. I’ll remind myself that the truth is sometimes unknowable, and I’ll stick to discussing the news with people I know in real life, instead of with strangers whom I’ve never met. I’ll get my news from legitimate journalists instead of from an online mob for whom Saturday-morning indignation is just another form of entertainment. And above all, I’ll try to take the advice I give my kids daily: Put the phone down and go do something productive.
    Last edited by countryboy; 01-21-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Captdon (01-22-2019),Chris (01-21-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,530x in 2,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    This is kook stuff. Having seen the truth you reject it for lies.
    Not even sure what that means but regardless its irrelevant. People who calls themselves pro life that support and encourage the dehumanization of "others". Amazing. Do you think these kids even recognize the irony of it all? Quite doubtful.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I am curious, what has Trump done that's antithetical to life?

Listen, he's the President. You can support or not support him, but really shouldn't chastise this group for supporting the most pro-life president ever because you don't like his in-your-face politics. I know a lot of people in the pro-life movement who don't like his methods either but voted for him because of his pro-life stance. Saving the lives of the unborn is of paramount importance to these folks. This is a very passionate issue to alot of people. I try hard not to demonize those that supported Hillary, but I have plenty of reason to and definitely could do so. It is unseemly.

There's a lot of things about this President's methods that I don't like, but it was about the courts for me. We're winning that issue.
    The most pro-life president ever?

Who told you that? Trump or Sanders?

+ Reply to Thread