User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington may become first state to legalize human composting

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,614x in 25,159 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Washington may become first state to legalize human composting

Washington may become first state to legalize human composting. Washington legislature is on the verge of legalizing human composting as a means of final disposition. From the Daily News story - In the process — also called “recomposition,” — bodies are placed in a vessel which speeds up decomposition and turned into a soil which can be returned to families. The family could then use the soil that was once their loved one in which to plant a tree or to use as dirt in a flower pot, whatever.

Washington will also permit our remains to be liquified. The proposed Washington bill would also allow alkaline hydrolysis — where bodies are dissolved in water and potassium hydroxide in a pressurized chamber until only bone and a sterilized liquid remains… If passed, the bill would make Washington the 17th state to allow alkaline hydrolysis. Liquid human remains are not flushed down toilets exactly, but they are poured into sewers.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...229-story.html

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ead-as-sewage/
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (02-10-2019),stjames1_53 (02-10-2019)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats next aborted Fetus Composting, WTF is wrong with these humans
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-10-2019)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,639x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Washington may become first state to legalize human composting. Washington legislature is on the verge of legalizing human composting as a means of final disposition. From the Daily News story - In the process — also called “recomposition,” — bodies are placed in a vessel which speeds up decomposition and turned into a soil which can be returned to families. The family could then use the soil that was once their loved one in which to plant a tree or to use as dirt in a flower pot, whatever.

Washington will also permit our remains to be liquified. The proposed Washington bill would also allow alkaline hydrolysis — where bodies are dissolved in water and potassium hydroxide in a pressurized chamber until only bone and a sterilized liquid remains… If passed, the bill would make Washington the 17th state to allow alkaline hydrolysis. Liquid human remains are not flushed down toilets exactly, but they are poured into sewers.

Composting has it's points, but I don't really get the liquification thing.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,489x in 94,936 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be cool to use to grow a tree. I wouldn't want farmers using it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the thought of ending up in a sewer; think I'll stick with the traditional methods available thank you much.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-10-2019),countryboy (02-10-2019),DGUtley (02-10-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,614x in 25,159 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-10-2019),Common (02-10-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a mortician who presents videos on Youtube about her work and she says that they are working to get this legal in many states, primarily because the traditional caskets, burials and even cremation do not handle the extremely obese well. This method does.

I've always found caskets and graveyards to be wasteful, unnecessary and selfish, not to mention exorbitantly expensive. Even cremation prices have been hiked up tremendously from when I first looked into it about 13 years ago. I do like a lot of the other options that have come down the pike. I don't find anything wrong with it at all.

What is it about this that puts you off?
    You are wrong about police.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    There is a mortician who presents videos on Youtube about her work and she says that they are working to get this legal in many states, primarily because the traditional caskets, burials and even cremation do not handle the extremely obese well. This method does.

I've always found caskets and graveyards to be wasteful, unnecessary and selfish, not to mention exorbitantly expensive. Even cremation prices have been hiked up tremendously from when I first looked into it about 13 years ago. I do like a lot of the other options that have come down the pike. I don't find anything wrong with it at all.

For me what puts me off is the disrespect for the dead although the composting does satisfy the Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust idea.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-10-2019)

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My youngest brother is planning to compost. I will donate my brain to movement disorder researchers. If there is anything useful left doctors can harvest parts to help others. Whatever is left of my body can be used for surgical practice.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-10-2019)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post

If people are truly concerned about the costs; they could always donate their bodies to science and when they are done with it, they dispose of it in a dignified manner at their own cost.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-10-2019)

+ Reply to Thread