Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Yea, I have to eat a lot of veggies. I need them anyway to replace the bulk I had to stop eating. I have to avoid starches because, like fat, they become sugar.

I have to much weight now for my own good. I weigh 200 lbs and my doctor wants me down to 175 and knows I might get to 185. Except for a belly bulge I am almost fat free overall.
    What's the standard recommendation for consuming fresh fruit and vegetables? I believe it is 5 to 7 servings per day. To me that's a bare minimum - unbelievably low. I would estimate that I get around 21 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables per day. I wonder how many people believe they're getting enough if they get 5 to 7 servings? Well, 21 servings per day is easy for me because I'm a vegan.

There's one other thing I neglected to mention, the importance of exercise. My blood glucose level is usually around 86, but once it was up to 100. My doctor didn't say anything about it but I didn't like it being that high. After giving it much thought, I decided that the problem was not my diet, it was insufficient of exercise. So I decided to go for a walk every morning and increase my weight lifting routine. On my next blood work my blood glucose was back down to 86.
    Last edited by Trumpster; 02-13-2019 at 05:33 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpster For This Useful Post:

Captdon (02-13-2019),MisterVeritis (02-13-2019)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Yea, I have to eat a lot of veggies. I need them anyway to replace the bulk I had to stop eating. I have to avoid starches because, like fat, they become sugar.

I have to much weight now for my own good. I weigh 200 lbs and my doctor wants me down to 175 and knows I might get to 185. Except for a belly bulge I am almost fat free overall.
    I forgot to mention that the recommendation of 5 to 7 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables is way too low, in my opinion. I estimate that I get around 21 servings per day.

Also, exercise is very important. I once lowered my blood glucose level from 100 to 86 by exercising more.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I forgot to mention that the recommendation of 5 to 7 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables is way too low, in my opinion. I estimate that I get around 21 servings per day.

Also, exercise is very important. I once lowered my blood glucose level from 100 to 86 by exercising more.
    A glucose level of 100 would be great for me. I'm trying to stop full-blown diabetes. I have trouble keeping below 130 right now. I know I can't eat like I used to.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

+ Reply to Thread