Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    No, it didn't. No law, including the law that permits the President to declare a national emergency, has supremacy over the Constitution.

No true American would ever surrender his guns because of a government order to do so.
    So that means you don't agree with the POTUS declaring a national emergency to override Congress's decision to not give him his wall? Or are you saying "dat's diff'rent"?
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
    Some do, some don't. Most people knew he was a con man / liar. But he was still better than Hil...who would have confiscated the guns an caused a civil war.

Saving face? Sure, does not matter with Trump. He is a loose canon.

Trump should have got funding first 2 years. Yes it is an emergency to stop America from becoming Mexico.
    I don't know anyone in my life or online who thinks Hil would have been any good. They were both bad options to many of us. The Mexicans are not the ones coming here, it is the Hondurans. Immigration is at an all time low. More Hispanic people are leaving than arriving that is the truth. Mexico is doing well economically. They don't need our jobs anymore. They just like us are experiencing a worker shortage.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 02-16-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (02-16-2019),Max Rockatansky (02-16-2019)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    Legally there is. Morally and ethically? Not so much. Either way, in 5-10 years it will be the Republicans whining about a Democratic President using the NEA to push a political agenda. What goes around comes around, eh?

By that time Trump's vanity wall will be rusting in the desert and military families will still be living in crappy homes.

Yet 95% of votes cast will be cast for the "two major gangs" despite your prediction and that I know as I sit here you are right. Politics has become a bastion for "herd mentality" psychology and how to manipulate entire groups of people to do what you want them to despite all the real world evidence that the results will NOT be what you claim OR what the individuals within the herd want. It is a fascinatingly terrible thing to watch.

It's like watching Jim Jones without the coolaid

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    I see your inference on the BoR, and raise you the violation of the Constitution where the POTUS tries to bypass Congress's enumerated powers to control the purse.
    Did you miss that Trump did this with the Senate's consent? Did you miss that McConnell publicaly claimed support for signing the declaration of emergency well before Trump actually did it? How can Trump be bypassing Congress when Congress consents? If Congress doesn't like it, why don't they do something about it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Rockatansky For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (02-16-2019)

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,263
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,327x in 5,054 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suds00 View Post
    there is no emergency
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/obama-...-still-active/

Obama declared 13 national emergencies. 11 are still active.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Yet 95% of votes cast will be cast for the "two major gangs" despite your prediction and that I know as i sit here you are right. Politics has become a bastion for "herd mentality" psychology and how to manipulate entire groups of people to do what you want them to despite all the real world evidence that the results will NOT be what they claim OR what the individuals within the herd want. It is a fascinatingly terrible thing to watch.
    I voted Third party/for the challenger in the past two elections. Which "major gang" did you vote for in 2016 and 2018?

Agreed there's a herd mentality and it's visible on this forum. How many times did you see someone, usually a LWer IMO, scream that voting third party was "wasting a vote"? If everyone voted for the same third party, wouldn't it become a major party?

Yes, there is a herd mentality, but the herds continue to divide themselves fairly evenly between the "two major gangs". What do you suggest to break the cycle?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/obama-...-still-active/

Obama declared 13 national emergencies. 11 are still active.
    Which is why those opposing Trump on this will lose: when they let Clinton and Obama get away with it, they set a legal precedent.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky View Post
    Did you miss that Trump did this with the Senate's consent? Did you miss that McConnell publicaly claimed support for signing the declaration of emergency well before Trump actually did it? How can Trump be bypassing Congress when Congress consents? If Congress doesn't like it, why don't they do something about it?
    Cocaine McConnell has the ability to remove his head from Trump's ass, but he likes the view.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

alexa (02-16-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I don't know anyone in my life or online who thinks Hil would have been any good. They were both bad options to many of us. The Mexicans are not the ones coming here, it is the Hondurans. Immigration is at an all time low. More Hispanic people are leaving than arriving that is the truth. Mexico is doing well economically. They don't need our jobs anymore. They just like us are experiencing a worker shortage.
    Both were the most deplorable Presidential candidates in living memory. Personally, I couldn't hold my nose long enough to vote for either "lesser of two evils" so I voted third party. It's like-minded people that is the reason why neither of them received over 49% of the vote. That said, I'm glad Hillary lost. She was the greater evil. Trump is just an idiotic putz. "This too shall pass".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Rockatansky For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-16-2019)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I've said for a long time that all we had to do about illegal immigration was to keep letting the donkephant run things and the traffic flow would eventually reverse.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-16-2019)

+ Reply to Thread