Sometimes, perhaps even fairly often I believe that representatives of one party put forth legislation which if passed ,their party, despite mostly supportive of the bill, could not fund, manage, properly roll out or control . I believe it's a type of negotiation like union negotiations where both sides typically start with ridiculous offers and after lots of time energy and hostility arrive at an outcome which was relatively predictable ( within a narrow range) from the beginning

So why doesn't the opposition party ever sort of pretend to be getting out of the way and even supporting the bill as a strategy to force the other party to shut down their own bill and lose a ton of the people's confidence?
Take Cortez's "Green bill of everything" for example. I am sure than many of the dems now supporting this bill would $#@! their knickers if looked like it was actually going to pass. Especially those running for president.

The strategy would roll out something like this. Certain repubs, those who have a lot of time left in their term of office start saying "we must reach across the aisle and give this bill consideration. It is time the two parties work together and we must trust our fellow statesmen and women" Then the repubs start voicing support to the point where passage looks possible.
Then the dems either panic and shut it down losing lots of face or risk it passing and the people remember it as the dems bill?
It's not like many politics are morally above this or the people's attention span beyond "the dems did this" is even that long.

In reality this bill is probably too ridiculous for this tactic but there are places where either side could pull this.
I mean the management of the country is already a joke why not make it a little funnier?
Thoughts?