Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,806x in 15,377 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    After the dog, horses have been man's best friend. They deserve better than to be treated as meat animals. As a species, they have paid their dues in historical service to mankind. It's wrong to slaughter them for meat. They have more right to the plains than cattle. Call it a release from slavery and well-earned freedom.I have never eaten horse meat and view it like eating dogs or cats in terms of disgust.
    What will you say when the feral horse overgrazes it's range or depletes the available water supply and all animals suffer ??
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    What will you say when the feral horse overgrazes it's range or depletes the available water supply and all animals suffer ??
    Horses have always been native to North America, not hirelings.

"WILD HORSES AS NATIVE NORTH AMERICAN WILDLIFE"

https://awionline.org/content/wild-h...rican-wildlife

The answers have been given per what your question regards, animals suffering, of, for some reason, there is plenty of water for cattle, but nothing else, so those animals must leave. That is because it has become profitable to a few who make money off of horses' dead bodies. The horses suffer when they are torn from their families to be put to auctions, separated forever from their family and their friends to be sent to slaughter. For lies help create profit.

Cruelty to animals it is called. Ever heard of it?

Public Law 92-195 broken by certain capitalists upon millions of acres of land that belongs to the public. But money is being made on the dead bodies of horses sent to slaughter who have been stolen, under false pretenses of caring for anything, forced off of public lands!

The pogrom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=t3SBCC-WMzs

The poor cattle, who are mainly destined to be consumed in China, not America, are not natural to the land, have been placed there. There are far more cattle than horses, but they earn cash and government subsidies. So do dead horses.

Part of the swamp of corruption includes the wanton, awful, slaughter of horses, no matter how you may wish to make the picture appear. The people who know the facts of how the wildlife are not cared for under such "management" policies either:

https://twitter.com/Freedom4Horses

https://twitter.com/FreeWildHorses

https://twitter.com/foxmoorestates
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-23-2019)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,271x in 18,826 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BLM does the best they can for the wild horses but, they can only do so much.

People do adopt them, but, not everyone meets the requirements to do so, you can't just go and get one, they inspect your property, you must have proper fencing....wild horse can jump.....you must have an equine vet, they will check.....if you plan on boarding the horse, they'll inspect the facility and, talk to the barn owner to verify he/she knows a wild horse will be living there (they do require some extra time/work).

A lot of people don't qualify.

So, they're faced with a difficult decision....yes, it's difficult for them, as they do care about the horses....do they let them continue to breed/overpopulate, thus depleating food supplies and face death by starvation or, do they do the only thing left? Which is culling.

People don't like to think about it, don't want to know about it, but, it's really the only viable option.

I don't like it, myself, but, if the alternative is a slow, painful death from starvation or, sickness and injury, a humane death, is actually kinder.

Edit..... another requirement is, you must have, at the very least, basic knowledge of horse care, to include, knowing the signs/symptoms of illnesses.
    Last edited by Abby08; 02-22-2019 at 11:17 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

hanger4 (02-22-2019),Peter1469 (02-22-2019)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,044x in 8,893 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    Horses don't behave like cattle. They don't stay in one place and graze for days on end. Part of the problem however, is one created by man. Cheatgrass (another Asian import) was somehow introduced to the range and it is, for the most part, inedible, but is displacing more and more of the natural grasses. Overgrazing exacerbates the issue because cattle, horses, deer and elk all eat the natural grasses, which can't go into natural die-back without the cheatgrass overtaking them. But for the cheatgrass, the issue of shrinking food supply wouldn't be an issue.

The real problem is people. We introduce foreign plants that have no natural predators and they act like a virus on the landscape. We kill off the natural predators, like wolves (because they will hunt cattle), leaving populations of herd animals without a natural remedy to overpopulation. Drought and severe winters will reduce horse (and wild herd animal) over-populations in a rather drastic and tragic manner, but people freak out and demand interference. Cattle ranchers choose to raise resource intensive animals but also want free range permissions, which is effectively a subsidy for their operations. They are in turn expected to manage that land, but it's not in their interests to share it with other grazing animals. It's all pretty messed up and the poor wild horse is caught in the middle. I look forward to the day when labs can grow beef that people like and the herd animals can resume their natural lives.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (02-23-2019)

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,806x in 15,377 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horses don't behave like cattle. They don't stay in one place and graze for days on end. Part of the problem however, is one created by man. Cheatgrass (another Asian import) was somehow introduced to the range and it is, for the most part, inedible, but is displacing more and more of the natural grasses. Overgrazing exacerbates the issue because cattle, horses, deer and elk all eat the natural grasses, which can't go into natural die-back without the cheatgrass overtaking them. But for the cheatgrass, the issue of shrinking food supply wouldn't be an issue.The real problem is people. We introduce foreign plants that have no natural predators and they act like a virus on the landscape. We kill off the natural predators, like wolves (because they will hunt cattle), leaving populations of herd animals without a natural remedy to overpopulation. Drought and severe winters will reduce horse (and wild herd animal) over-populations in a rather drastic and tragic manner, but people freak out and demand interference. Cattle ranchers choose to raise resource intensive animals but also want free range permissions, which is effectively a subsidy for their operations. They are in turn expected to manage that land, but it's not in their interests to share it with other grazing animals. It's all pretty messed up and the poor wild horse is caught in the middle. I look forward to the day when labs can grow beef that people like and the herd animals can resume their natural lives.
    Let's let nature take it's course with the feral horse.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,044x in 8,893 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    The BLM does the best they can for the wild horses but, they can only do so much.

People do adopt them, but, not everyone meets the requirements to do so, you can't just go and get one, they inspect your property, you must have proper fencing....wild horse can jump.....you must have an equine vet, they will check.....if you plan on boarding the horse, they'll inspect the facility and, talk to the barn owner to verify he/she knows a wild horse will be living there (they do require some extra time/work).

A lot of people don't qualify.

So, they're faced with a difficult decision....yes, it's difficult for them, as they do care about the horses....do they let them continue to breed/overpopulate, thus depleating food supplies and face death by starvation or, do they do the only thing left? Which is culling.

People don't like to think about it, don't want to know about it, but, it's really the only viable option.

I don't like it, myself, but, if the alternative is a slow, painful death from starvation or, sickness and injury, a humane death, is actually kinder.

Edit..... another requirement is, you must have, at the very least, basic knowledge of horse care, to include, knowing the signs/symptoms of illnesses.
    I'd be better with the notion of culling if people didn't just round up a bunch of horses and send them to the slaughterhouse. Natural predators take out the weak and the sick and improve the health and viability of the herd. People are not selective and take the genetic champions out with the genetic failures. I love horses and hate the thought of them being used for meat, but I also don't want them slowly dying of starvation, so clearly something has to be done, but I wish that the welfare of the horses was the primary motivation.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (02-23-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I readily admit I dont know a thing about horses, except they are beautiful animals and I like them. Rounding up a thousand and slaughtering them sounds just brutal to me.

At one time horses were mans best friend and dogs second
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Lummy (02-23-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be better with the notion of culling if people didn't just round up a bunch of horses and send them to the slaughterhouse. Natural predators take out the weak and the sick and improve the health and viability of the herd. People are not selective and take the genetic champions out with the genetic failures. I love horses and hate the thought of them being used for meat, but I also don't want them slowly dying of starvation, so clearly something has to be done, but I wish that the welfare of the horses was the primary motivation.
    I get that, I own horses, they're beautiful, wonderful creatures, I've been involved in the horse world for several decades and, at first I was adamantly against anything that dealt with their slaughter....then I talked to, got involved with groups of people who broke it all down for me, you have to look at it rationally not, emotionally....those groups of people also love horses, too.

What people should be protesting, is for the reopening of the U.S equine slaughter houses, they at least we're regulated and, were as humane as possible, no pregnant mares were accepted, either...as opposed to Mexico, where they are sent now, in crowded trailers....the U.S put limits on the numbers allowed....then, killed in any way that is seen fit....if this is going to be done, no matter how much we don't like it and, no matter what we say.... wouldn't you prefer the U.S way?

Culling, actually gives the more healthy horses, a better chance at survival...they aren't eliminating the young, healthy or pregnant.....

....at least, I hope not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-23-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are groups and, individuals who go to the auctions and buy horses from the kill pens, horses that were bound for Mexico.

The kill buyers are looking to make so much per pound by selling the horses they buy, to Mexico, but, they'll gladly accept MORE money than they'd receive from Mexico, these are perfectly good horses, a lot of them are well trained, some are even registered with nice pedigrees, but the owners fell on hard times and had to sell...then somewhere along the way, the horse ends up in a kill pen.

A lot of horses are saved that way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (02-23-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    There are groups and, individuals who go to the auctions and buy horses from the kill pens, horses that were bound for Mexico.

The kill buyers are looking to make so much per pound by selling the horses they buy, to Mexico, but, they'll gladly accept MORE money than they'd receive from Mexico, these are perfectly good horses, a lot of them are well trained, some are even registered with nice pedigrees, but the owners fell on hard times and had to sell...then somewhere along the way, the horse ends up in a kill pen.

A lot of horses are saved that way.
    That just sucks, horses are expensive and a lot of work, there are tons of horses in fla and frankly some of them look undernourished
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Lummy (02-23-2019)

+ Reply to Thread