Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I think that people simply don't know how to make vegetables taste good. People don't really cook anymore and tossing some spuds or rice in a pot and frying or baking a piece of meat is pretty much all they can do. We really should get back to teaching people how to cook and in a healthy way. Cooking classes should be mandatory for all kids in school. It would make for a more healthy society.
    I tend to agree. Most of the roommates I have had were all but incompetent in the kitchen and when they did actually cook I was always a little anxious about the use of my pots and pans. One guy cooked a frozen hamburger in a pasta pot over high heat. He actually left the kitchen too.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (02-25-2019)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that we eat more meat now than we did in the past and we are omnivores, not just carnivores. In fact, unless we are Inuit, if we don't consume enough vegetation we have digestive issues. Meat is expensive to raise, some more than others, so even from an economic standpoint, we could learn to embrace the legume more that we currently do. We eat too much meat and consume too many processed carbs to be really healthy. If we learned to eat at least two major meals a week with little to no meat and a lot of vegetables, we wouldn't fade away, we would actually be healthier. Our ancestors did.
    The analysis you gave is a fair one. There is enough land to feed every people, every foal, every deer not running in fear from hunters, as false bread by Moses was presented that a serpent can still gather in.

The broker, his papers, he will have gained ten. 'That's way too many.' '''What a peon for papers.'''
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I tend to agree. Most of the roommates I have had were all but incompetent in the kitchen and when they did actually cook I was always a little anxious about the use of my pots and pans. One guy cooked a frozen hamburger in a pasta pot over high heat. He actually left the kitchen too.
    Yikes. I hope your pasta pot survived and didn't warp.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yikes. I hope your pasta pot survived and didn't warp.
    It survived but it was a pretty gnarly scene. Beef fat all over the pot and the stove. The latter was of course allowed to dry so we had that appetizing oily residue all over the stove. Yum
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (02-25-2019)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    ...There is enough land to feed every people, every foal, every deer not running in fear from hunters ...'
    Of this, I agree totally.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (02-26-2019),Orion Rules (06-25-2019)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It survived but it was a pretty gnarly scene. Beef fat all over the pot and the stove. The latter was of course allowed to dry so we had that appetizing oily residue all over the stove. Yum
    It must have smelled just as wonderful as it looked. I hope he had to clean up the mess.

I probably would have instructed him that he should buy a microwave and use it any time that I am not home to supervise his kitchen activities.

Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It must have smelled just as wonderful as it looked. I hope he had to clean up the mess.

I probably would have instructed him that he should buy a microwave and use it any time that I am not home to supervise his kitchen activities.
    It's like you said though. Guys like him so rarely cook. Berating him just wouldn't have been worth it. I remember being upset but having to cook was almost an act of desperation. Lol I knew these kitchen forays would be few and far in between.

~Alain de Benoist

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (02-25-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No less than 2 meals are cooked daily on my stove. I can't imagine not cooking.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like you said though. Guys like him so rarely cook. Berating him just wouldn't have been worth it. I remember being upset but having to cook was almost an act of desperation. Lol I knew these kitchen forays would be few and far in between.
    I can't imagine being a fully grown person and unable to feed myself without practically burning down the house. That's infantile and ridiculous. Every child reaching the age of adulthood should know how to cook, do laundry and clean.

Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Many people may not be aware of this, but many wild horses around our nation are being rounded up and slaughtered. The horses are being slaughtered and it is said lands are being used for ranchers, and mining...
    The richest are subsidized to graze livestock on public lands, to most grown is exported, as the lie is wild horses and burros are overpopulated.

>Cattle vs. Wild Horses (2002-2018). All data BLM.
    -
    -Beef produced on public lands constitutes just 1.9% of the nation’s beef supply according to Erik Molvar, the director of the environmental group, Western Watersheds Project.
    -Public lands ranching subsidizes large livestock operations owned by millionaires and billionaires; less so mom-and-pop ranchers.
    -
    When advocates claim that livestock outnumbers and out-grazes wild horses on public lands, this is not an emotional argument or an opinion. It is an argument based on the above data from the BLM and other government sources — data that the BLM doesn’t make available to the public and media, because it doesn’t want them to know…about the cattle, their owners, the damage they cause, and the massive subsidies they are taking from average Americans.
    Cattle vs. Wild Horses (2002-2018). All data BLM. | The Daily Pitchfork

>>The deforestation of America: Wild horses lose out to cheap grazing and beef for China
    https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2017/08/...ng-beef-china/

>>>BREAKING: BLM Report Is Out and it is a National Embarrassment – Wild Horse Education

>>>>Exposing America’s Billionaire Welfare Ranchers
    "Billionaires that populate Forbes rich lists."
    Exposing America’s Billionaire Welfare Ranchers – Alternet.org

Just AnotherPerson: Bill HR961 was introduced into congress on February 4 2019. To prevent Horse slaughter plants from opening in the US, and to stop the export of live American horses across the border for slaughter. https://www.speakupforhorses.org/

U.S Gov't to round up 1,000 wild horses, sell many to be slaughtered http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/loc...be-slaughtered

Roundup of wild horses in CA could lead to illegal slaughter https://theintercept.com/2018/10/12/...nia-slaughter/

Lawsuit to stop the sale of wild horses https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...220439555.html

a link to a tweet from a former BLM board member https://twitter.com/Freedom4Horses/s...18424667758593
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

+ Reply to Thread