Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,793x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    The bolded is my main feeling about the whole matter too.

I don't feel that people should face discrimination (in housing, employment opportunities, or what have you) because they have a mental illness...BUT I also believe that these delusions should be actively discouraged by society, up to and including the prohibition of transition surgeries, which would be more properly called cosmetic mutilation in the opinion of yours truly. But that's my view.
    For sure. The fact that these transitions are allowed and even encouraged for people as young as pre teens and frightening and quite frankly, criminal. I don't see how it isn't felony level child abuse

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (02-18-2019),IMPress Polly (02-18-2019)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FindersKeepers wrote:
    Some Native American cultures were quite tolerant, while some European ones were quite judgemental.
    This one actually seems to be a bit of a common myth promoted by the transgender movement. While indigenous communities are often very respectful of the ideas of different cultures (such as ours), I have heard from my share of "two-spirit" people on this subject and no, they don't actually believe themselves to belong to the other sex or recognize "five genders". At least not the ones I've heard from on the subject anyway. The projection and imposition of our culture's ideas onto Native communities seems to me as but another form and expression of American imperialism, in this case in the ideological realm. The whole two-spirit thing that white activists claim is a Native form of trans identity does not actually appear to be analogous that I've observed.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 02-18-2019 at 03:23 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (02-18-2019),Mister D (02-18-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    Not that it needed to be proven anyway, but sports completely shatters the notion that trans people are the same as their non trans counterparts. It's all a fantasy world, capitulating to mental illness. I have no issue with transgender people and their hormone use/surgeries, as it's their lives and I'm not really sure how else to treat said mental illness, but this facade shouldn't be forced on the rest of society through law and media.
    The scientific evidence is clear. The overwhelming majority of children who identify as "trans" desist by the time they reach puberty and end up identifying as homosexual or bisexual. Ironically, "trans" ideology is tinged with homophobia. Rather than admit a child is a homosexual, "trans" ideologues and quack doctors invent a dangerous fantasy involving a scientifically impossible scenario (being born in the "wrong" body) and then proceed to foist it on impressionable children. The fact is, there is simply no need for "treatment". If left alone, their confusion will resolve itself on its own, assuming they are given proper information by the adults in their life. The conventional treatment modality for children who suffer from temporary dysphoria is a classic case of the cure being worse than the disease.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (02-18-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Perhaps I should word it differently, a trans person still has human rights, which should extend to the right of privacy and the right to seek happiness in whichever way best suits that person. Without my interference.

While I'm not an expert on trans persons, I've studied a lot of history -- enough to know they've always been with us. I just feel in this day and age, we should be more understanding of differences. Some Native American cultures were quite tolerant, while some European ones were quite judgemental. I don't believe I have the right to ask anyone to change to please me, and I don't think we can legislate that type of morality. I accept others for who they are even if science has yet to explain a chemical or biological reason for their gender identification.
    By definition, all humans, regardless of how they choose to identify themselves, have human rights. And that is precisely why there is no need to carve out special sets of rights for particular groups of people.

So while I agree 100% with protecting the human rights of "trans" people, I do not believe that such protection obliges me to intellectually accept or tolerate the ideology underlying "trans" identity, especially when the available scientific evidence is so clearly contrary to the prevailing narratives that they attempt to foist on a credulous population.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one actually seems to be a bit of a common myth promoted by the transgender movement. While indigenous communities are often very respectful of the ideas of different cultures (such as ours), I have heard from my share of "two-spirit" people on this subject and no, they don't actually believe themselves to belong to the other sex or recognize "five genders". At least not the ones I've heard from on the subject anyway. The projection and imposition of our culture's ideas onto Native communities seems to me as but another form and expression of American imperialism, in this case in the ideological realm. The whole two-spirit thing that white activists claim is a Native form of trans identity does not actually appear to be analogous that I've observed.
    Pagan cultures and religions, to one degree or another, not only accepted the clear distinction between male and female, but tended to emphasize and celebrate that distinction as an intrinsic and necessary aspect of cosmic balance. That is why pagan religions have male and female gods, and why those gods tend to embody masculine and feminine archetypes. Granted, there are exceptions to that, and those exceptions evince a tolerance that tended to characterized pagan societies, but it was an exception rather than the rule.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The scientific evidence is clear. The overwhelming majority of children who identify as "trans" desist by the time they reach puberty and end up identifying as homosexual or bisexual. Ironically, "trans" ideology is tinged with homophobia. Rather than admit a child is a homosexual, "trans" ideologues and quack doctors invent a dangerous fantasy involving a scientifically impossible scenario (being born in the "wrong" body) and then proceed to foist it on impressionable children. The fact is, there is simply no need for "treatment". If left alone, their confusion will resolve itself on its own, assuming they are given proper information by the adults in their life. The conventional treatment modality for children who suffer from temporary dysphoria is a classic case of the cure being worse than the disease.
    Also, have you heard of the emerging phenomenon of what's being termed rapid-onset gender dysphoria? That's an emerging trend where teenage lesbians (so far approximately 100% of these particular cases are specifically lesbians) "discover they are male" only after puberty hits, only to wind up transitioning back to a female identity later? Yeah, that's happening too now.

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,507x in 55,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The problem as I see it stems from third-wave feminism's declaring gender a social construct that's fluid if not amorphous and denying any connection to biological sex. Now transvestites claim the same and feminists are upset?
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what it is you're trying to argue here, but I did read about that story about Martina Navratilova too just this morning in an article posted to Feminist Current by the site owner Meghan Murphy!
    To take it down a notch my points are as follows:

1. You said people that oppose the Trans agenda a mainly conservatives. I wanted to point out someone far from conservative that feels the same way.

2. On one cares if you want to trans out and get you junk cut off or have some weird implants to make you appear different. The issue is should you be allowed to be in the military or play womens tennis? Reasonable people say no to this stuff.. see Martina's comments. She is even good with someone that took the hormones etc...playing but draws the line at this idea I can just say I am a woman when I am clearly not and be allowed to play.

3. All this agenda about is making other people change so that a few freaks can feel good about themselves. It is not healthy for society at in the least.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

+ Reply to Thread