Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,825x in 10,123 Posts
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I believe anyone who files a false report for any reason deserves the full punishment of the law. I believe claiming to be victim of a hate crime when one is not is even a worse crime because it does detract from those in the future that really do fall victim to hate. I do not believe, for a second, it victimizes Trump or his disciples. To demonstrate the "explosion" of charges one would need before and after numbers and even then it would not prove Trump abuse. Nor would it have any evidence value the next time someone claims a hate crime. The right is just trying to be able to ignore all claims of hate crimes because they claim others have lied. Geeze, this is so transparent anyone can see why Trumpsters are trying to discredit hate crimes.
    You are a partisan hack. You will take any opportunity to attack Trump and his supporters no matter what the facts show. You are the kind that bought into the Smpo;;et story despite common sense telling you it was fake. That's what you are. People like you are the biggest reason he won.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 45,849x in 24,772 Posts
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    You are a partisan hack. You will take any opportunity to attack Trump and his supporters no matter what the facts show. You are the kind that bought into the Smpo;;et story despite common sense telling you it was fake. That's what you are. People like you are the biggest reason he won.
    warning

Warning

WARNING - @Captdon - please refrain from name-calling.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mak2's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 61x in 51 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yea sure. I think the 24/7 news cycle has a lot to do with the partisanship in this country. I do think all news outlets, yes even Fox, should do better verifying stories before they run with them. Trump and crew are not t the only victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    When I said scrutiny in investigating, I meant as the media -- scrutiny in exploiting it as an act of the MAGA Hat wearing KKK successors. The law enforcement do what they do and I think we generally agree. I think we'll have to disagree that exploiting it by calling MAGA Hat the next KKK Hood b/c of the Jussie Smollett hoax unfairly targeted Trump supporters. I appreciate the discussion, though. Thx.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mak2 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (02-19-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    The big difference here is that Smollett laid this at Trump's feet, or attempted to.
    Do you have a list of hate crimes that have been punished as hate crimes? There are regular crimes, then there are hate crimes, according to the liberals that pass that crap.
    So, bear in mind, I want actual prosecuted hate crimes in the past two years that can be blamed on Trump.
    He/she will believe anything that makes Trump look bad. When called on it will back off to look reasonable.People like that think we are stupid and can't see what they are.

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,310x in 10,922 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you just hit on my point. If three women come into my ER Firday night claiming rape, and all three of them later admit they were just kidding, they willingly participated. Then the fourth one walks in and claims rape, do I sit here in the waiting room and get back to her after the guy with the sore throat? Cause that is exactly what you are saying...provide more scrutiny? But I did find something in your post interesting. Smollett actions only make him look bad, not Trumpsters. Maybe they take it personal because there is some basis in truth. so no, I dont think more scrutiny should be prior to investigating the crime and anyone filing false police reports should be prosecuted. I dont think we really disagree on anything except the Trump victimhood thing.
    You try so hard to be slick you outsmart yourself, the highlighted sentence demonstrates that

Why did he pay to setup that false racial attack by trump supporters ? To make them look violent and like racists and homophobes. Thats why Trump supporters aka white people took it personally and all other false frameups to make them and trump look bad.

I disagree with my friend DGUtley in the respect that all the bogus claims have gotten it to the point of a PROVE IT TO ME FIRST
    mentality before any of us believe it.

The media incessant lying an creating false news along with False claims of racism and hollywoods incessant whining and rambling, has made it that we dont pay attention to anything you say, until its firmly demonstrated to be true.

The left does more lying and creating false narratives than anything else
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (02-19-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 61x in 51 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually you are wrong. I didn't buy it to start with.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mak2 For This Useful Post:

alexa (02-19-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you just hit on my point. If three women come into my ER Firday night claiming rape, and all three of them later admit they were just kidding, they willingly participated. Then the fourth one walks in and claims rape, do I sit here in the waiting room and get back to her after the guy with the sore throat? Cause that is exactly what you are saying...provide more scrutiny? But I did find something in your post interesting. Smollett actions only make him look bad, not Trumpsters. Maybe they take it personal because there is some basis in truth. so no, I dont think more scrutiny should be prior to investigating the crime and anyone filing false police reports should be prosecuted. I dont think we really disagree on anything except the Trump victimhood thing.
    Nomsense. The first thing liberals did was believe it was Trump supporters who did "it." Even now you are saying maybe there's some truth to it. He faked it all and only a blind hack doesn't see that.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 61x in 51 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All conservatives think all liberal think exactly the same thing all the time. See how that works? I really dont care but my very first post on this forum about this topic was I thought he was lying about it.
    Nomsense. The first thing liberals did was believe it was Trump supporters who did "it." Even now you are saying maybe there's some truth to it. He faked it all and only a blind hack doesn't see that.
    Last edited by mak2; 02-19-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    In all seriousness, take a look at this list: http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/ You seem like a reasonable person. Wouldn't you agree that this level of crying wolf is bad for the country? Look at what could've happened with this Jussie Smollett thing by looking at what did happen in Ferguson, Mo. We know that the "hands up don't shoot" thing was a lie. They burned those African American neighborhoods down and ignited a powder keg - over a lie. You could've had a race war on your hands here - again, over a lie. If you think about it rationally: Chicago (not exactly a Trump-friendly city), bleach, rope, 2:00 a.m. - would you have jumped on that? "Poor widdle Trumpkins" isn't really discussing the fact that since Trump has been elected we've had an explosion of these fake charges - especially in an On The Serious Side Thread. Thank you.
    Yeah, Republicans never did anything like this, did they?

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 45,849x in 24,772 Posts
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Yeah, Republicans never did anything like this, did they?

I have no idea who that is or what it is about.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread