Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,583x in 26,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    The police in this country...State and Municipal were at one time legit. Sure they had bias and prejudice just like today... But it wasn't their goal to systematically $#@! every individual they came across. They weren't militarized. They loved our country and the Constitution.

Now if an individual who is confronted by the cops invokes his or her Constitutional rights it's looked upon as adversarial. Looked upon as if they are automatically guilty. I mean how dare they question the authority of the police!?!
    The power and privilege of police forces in the US, especially among big city police forces, would make George III blush.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Helena (02-22-2019),Private Pickle (02-22-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The power and privilege of police forces in the US, especially among big city police forces, would make George III blush.
    It is insane and why? Because it's a for-profit enterprise that not only generates revenue for the private sector but also increases the power of the local, State and Federal governments.

Meanwhile Americans shrug their shoulders and say "I'm not doing anything wrong so I don't have to worry about it..." right up until the point where their Constitutional rights are violated, they are entered into the system and from then on they are an ATM for the government.

Meanwhile you have Americans that recognize this systematic abuse. They then utilize it for their own personal gains. Claiming it only applies to a minority or a group that identifies with a certain sexual orientation. They minimize the actual impact by implying this abuse is only happening to them...

This is by the way the best case scenario for the police. They get to continue to act with impunity against the majority while only being called out when dealing with the minority. All the while being applauded because of the new buzzword of the decade... "White Privilege".

Smollett is a perfect example of what I'm trying to convey. He tried to capitalize on the fad that is calling anyone who disagrees with a politician a racist while utilizing the idea of "white privilege" to bolster his position both professionally and personally. He is still doing it. The people on this forum are doing it. Max AKA Bad Bob just got done reinforcing this fact. Saying the kid who was confronted by an aggressive protester was exercising white privilege for suing those who jumped to concussions while Smollett was being charged with a felony for filing a false report and that is somehow White Privilege.

If minorities think they will somehow rise in economic standing by ostracizing white people, categorizing them and saying their success is based upon some invisible privilege exists when in reality most of us are no different then they are both in upbringing and opportunity they are not only sorely mistaken but also widening the gap.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I, for one, am shocked that you didn't get a reply to this post.
    I was waiting for both cop-haters to post. Mosy footage I've seen don't show much of anything.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    What do you mean they were "raging" for body cams? And who said they would be a nightmare for police?

Then why do some police forces still refuse to use them or release footage from them?

Always on the ready to fire? Even if it means sometimes killing innocent people, right? It's just acceptable collateral damage in the quest to protect the sacred personage of police officers.
    Ethereal you have selective memory and I will not mention names and call out other members.

There were threads on body cams when LIBERALS were pushing for all police to wear them, there were articles and POSTS here on how bodycams were going to show how bad the police are.

Guess what
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread