Members banned from this thread: alexa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans freak out over HR1: They don't want America to have fair elections

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DGUtley You even called people into the thread how novel. You accused me of that in a Pm, and here you are doing it out in the open. You know what you have said to me, and what the content of our conversations have been. You also said right here in this thread that I said something that I didn't say.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Docthehun View Post
    I've known Dave for the better part of ten years and a straighter shooter you'll not find. Without a doubt, he's sincere about wanting everyone (citizens) to vote. I also believe that he would agree, on a Constitutional basis, that any method of voter suppression was illegal. There is a school of thought on my side of the aisle, that doesn't want everyone voting because of the belief that many of us aren't smart enough to be making such monumental decisions and would always vote for free chit over "get to work". Of course, all of us would vote for "get to work" over "free chit"...right?

I don't want "illegals" to vote, the "Ruskies" already have too much say in our system; if you believe the tabloids. The immigration system is broken and I blame Washington for totally ignoring the real problem.

In any case, Counselor Utley is a top shelf American and genuinely cares for those below him.
    He may be a decent guy and all that, but he hasn't been decent to me. But that don't mean he is not a decent guy just not towards me.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (03-09-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    Could you please include the specific language in HR1 that allows illegals to vote? I read the bill and even posted it here a while back when it was first proposed. I never saw that language in it.
    Here is the bill again in full- https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr1/text
    And here was my original thread on HR1 with the OP including arguments for and against it. - http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...le-Act-of-2019
    No I wont, all im going to post is that the democrat controlled house passed a bill that allows illegal aliens to vote. Its right there I provided it for you, I am not going to run around looking for details that are meaningless. the end result is apparent
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-09-2019)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Thanks for posting it. I don't know that it does or doesn't -- that's why I asked. I've read articles that it does -- I haven't read anything refuting that (until the drive by snark). I've downloaded the bill. I have a partners meeting at 9:00. I will try to take a look at it today. I don't believe that Illegal Aliens should vote as they aren't citizens. I think that citizenship means something. What Californians do in state elections is no concern for this Ohioan but I think it's the start of a push to eventually try to make illegal voting in federal elections legal. You may disagree with me, and that's your right. Again, meeting today but I'll try to take a look at it.
    Of course we can all agree that illegals should not be allowed to vote. That would make zero sense. If it were permissible to vote in another country's elections, I would be voting in Chinese and Russian elections as well. LOL.
    Let me be fair here. Nowhere in the bill does it say illegals can vote. My real question would then be, what in HR1 makes it easier for illegals to vote? I do know in places like California, some democratic voting drives do pick up a few illegal votes here and there. I would imagine republican voting drives do the same. Some illegals are hardcore republican in their views, and I was truly amazed at how many hispanic people that were US citizens voted for Trump. What in HR1 would make it easier for illegal aliens to get on the voting rolls, or how can an illegal who wants to vote rig the system using HR1?
    I will log back in later today when you are not as busy. This is a conversation worth having.
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Common (03-09-2019),DGUtley (03-09-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,040x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    @DGUtley You even called people into the thread how novel. You accused me of that in a Pm, and here you are doing it out in the open. You know what you have said to me, and what the content of our conversations have been. You also said right here in this thread that I said something that I didn't say.
    I never said that you said something you didn't say. I can't believe that I have to explain this to you but here it goes: The bill is to supposedly protect the integrity and promote voting. They accuse us of suppression. I was saying that I want all US Citizens to vote, I think that they want all non citizens to vote. I think that that they scheme to promote non-registered to vote and con people into voting for their candidates with parties and sandwiches etc (I have seen it). I think that's wrong. I do think though that all citizens should vote. Where you got that I was saying you felt otherwise is beyond me.

It is not improper to mention people in threads. It can be if you are calling them out. Read the rules.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Is this the resolution that supports illegals voting in local elections?
    Yes. It prohibits voter ID. A clear attempt to facilitate voter fraud and to paint certain groups of people as too stupid to figure out how to get an ID.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-09-2019),MisterVeritis (03-09-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    My understanding is that it passed the House. It still has the Senate and the President's desk to go. Considering this is an anti-corruption bill, it will probably die here. Trump would never sign something that made it more difficult for corporations to rig our elections and influence our votes.
    But this still does not answer my question. You are claiming that HR1 will make it so illegal aliens have the right to vote. As I said to Mr. Utley, that question may not be entirely fair, because nowhere in the bill does it say that illegals will be given the right to vote. But I will settle for another argument in favor of your claim.
    What in HR1 makes it easier for an illegal alien to vote in our elections? There are alot of sections in the bill, take your time to go through it. Let's get to the bottom of this statement that seems to be thrown around as if it's a fact. In all actuality, it's just fake sidebusting to rile up support for killing a bill that would make it more difficult for the billionaires to influence our elections. There are even provisions in it that would get rid of Citizen's United 1st Amendment claims of money in support of political campaigns as protected free speech, making it harder for the people with most of the money to have most of the vote, disenfranchising the majority of Americans.
    Ironically, most of the corporations and their subsidiary think-tanks and PAC groups are multinational, or purely other nationalities than American. With that being the case, Citizen's United and other court cases actually gives foreign entities the same rights to free speech and voting in our country as any American citizen has. This is what HR1 is aiming to stop. The very thing you are claiming HR1 will do, is the very thing it is seeking to stop. Somebody has been lying to you. Let's sort this out and find out the facts for ourselves here.
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    No I wont, all im going to post is that the democrat controlled house passed a bill that allows illegal aliens to vote. Its right there I provided it for you, I am not going to run around looking for details that are meaningless. the end result is apparent
    Alright. My question was a simple one. What in HR1 allows illegal to vote? Your answer was a dodge. But I think that will not stop you from continuing to make claims at every turn that HR1 makes it so illegals can vote. It doesn't. Before you dig yourself in a hole, please stop here.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Um no... that is just RW propaganda. It is an anti corruption bill, but people like you would like to swing it to being the opposite. God forbid the peoples voice actually count for something and we end corruption. That would just be awful. Better to have big business steal our democracy and buy or reps.

No worries for your little heart, it most likely wont ever pass. Not as long as our congress is bought and paid for by the very people it aims to stop. It's all a big joke really.

But hey nice to see your drive by mock again. Welcome!
    You are wrong. Your position on this is wrong. Pelosi clearly stated she wanted "recent" arrivals to be able to vote. This is against the rule of law. This is not Right wing propaganda. This is fact.

This is not about corruption it is a bill designed to help Democrats win elections. This is a bill to get tax dollars to politicians to make their lives easier and their re election more certain.

God Bless America, God Bless American Citizens and God Bless Donald Trump
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-09-2019),MisterVeritis (03-09-2019)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    Alright. My question was a simple one. What in HR1 allows illegal to vote? Your answer was a dodge. But I think that will not stop you from continuing to make claims at every turn that HR1 makes it so illegals can vote. It doesn't. Before you dig yourself in a hole, please stop here.
    What in the Constitution allows Baby Killing and Federal Control of Schools
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

+ Reply to Thread