User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMO Mosquitoes Did the lab cause Zika??

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GMO Mosquitoes Did the lab cause Zika??

So I want to cover GM Mosquitoes, I was not sure that it fit in the other GMO thread. I got to looking into it some more. I already knew about the GMO mosquitoes but I learned a bit more. It is pretty crazy. So they make these guys in the lab with a self limiting gene, that would kill them and not allow them to live into adulthood. In order to be able to release them into the wild. They give them and antibiotic Tetracycline. This allows them to live through it. Supposedly their offspring would die because they cant get the antibiotics. This is how they curb the mosquito population.

But what about humans and animals who have antibiotics inside of them. If the mosquito drinks their blood then perhaps they could get enough antibiotic to survive. That is one what if to consider. Here is a link to that article that talks about this in more detail. https://draxe.com/genetically-modified-mosquitoes/

The crazy thing is that before they ever released these mosquitoes Zika was kind of a rare thing. They first released them in Brazil and coinciding with the release is when Zika broke out. Babies began to be born with microcephaly. Here is the article on this. https://theecologist.org/2016/feb/01...phaly-disaster

Here is another article on the outbreak after the release. https://www.naturalnews.com/052836_Z...es_Brazil.html
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 03-09-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-11-2019),Peter1469 (03-09-2019),Trumpster (03-10-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,557x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that over a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-11-2019),Just AnotherPerson (03-11-2019)

Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,399x in 27,955 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The genetic modification only targets male mosquitoes. Since only female mosquitoes bite, the idea is that these genetically modified male mosquitoes will help reduce the population of possibly disease-carrying mosquitoes."
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-11-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start using DDT again.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-11-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,557x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Start using DDT again.
    We don't need it. The boffins (English for scientist- egg heads) found a way to sterilize mosquitoes.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    We don't need it. The boffins (English for scientist- egg heads) found a way to sterilize mosquitoes.
    LOL. The rest of the world needs it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-11-2019),Peter1469 (03-09-2019)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.sciencealert.com/ddt-con...n-humans-study

DDT Still Found in Humans: Study

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-tainted-food/

U.S. Food Still Tainted with Old Chemicals.
    Last edited by Trumpster; 03-10-2019 at 03:33 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpster For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-11-2019),Peter1469 (03-10-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting those articles they are really informative. I like how that second article called it historical ignorance. Too bad we are hitting the repeat button. I also had no idea and didn't even think that those old pesticides (PoP's) don't break down for decades. I thought that they would be washed into the earth by rain and water, and the soil would be free of that stuff by now.

I learned quite a few things I dint know. Like how these POP's are stored in fat. The whole flame retardant bit, I didn't know about, the PDFE's. They said that comes from foam insulation, electrical and other consumer goods. But it got me thinking. What about the forest fires. We have so many now, they are prolific. Fire season is practically all year long these days. We seem to have had a break as of late. But think of just how much fire retardant that they are dumping all across our forests. That stuff surely ends up in our water supply. Eventually it would be washed into rivers, lakes, and the sea. There are so many contaminants like this. Also in winter we use the de icer, and the salt. I know I have heard a lot about that harming the life in waterways.

We are being poisoned from all angles. It feels like there is no escape. I mean we cant live in a bubble. Even if we buy organic, the water, that waters these crops is tainted, and so is the soil. Yeah it is the lesser of the evil, it is the best we can do. It is quite disheartening.

And, companies like Monsanto it is like they are a cancer company. It seems like all of their products are products that cause cancer and kill. I mean it really seems like a cancer company instead of a chemical and seed company.

Anyways that is my rant. Thank you for posting those great links.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Trumpster (03-11-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Thank you for posting those articles they are really informative. I like how that second article called it historical ignorance. Too bad we are hitting the repeat button. I also had no idea and didn't even think that those old pesticides (PoP's) don't break down for decades. I thought that they would be washed into the earth by rain and water, and the soil would be free of that stuff by now.

I learned quite a few things I dint know. Like how these POP's are stored in fat. The whole flame retardant bit, I didn't know about, the PDFE's. They said that comes from foam insulation, electrical and other consumer goods. But it got me thinking. What about the forest fires. We have so many now, they are prolific. Fire season is practically all year long these days. We seem to have had a break as of late. But think of just how much fire retardant that they are dumping all across our forests. That stuff surely ends up in our water supply. Eventually it would be washed into rivers, lakes, and the sea. There are so many contaminants like this. Also in winter we use the de icer, and the salt. I know I have heard a lot about that harming the life in waterways.

We are being poisoned from all angles. It feels like there is no escape. I mean we cant live in a bubble. Even if we buy organic, the water, that waters these crops is tainted, and so is the soil. Yeah it is the lesser of the evil, it is the best we can do. It is quite disheartening.

And, companies like Monsanto it is like they are a cancer company. It seems like all of their products are products that cause cancer and kill. I mean it really seems like a cancer company instead of a chemical and seed company.

Anyways that is my rant. Thank you for posting those great links.
    Glyphosate addresses the problems we are aware of. It is water soluble. It breaks down quickly. It takes an enormous amount to make you sick.

I believe you simply like drama.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Glyphosate addresses the problems we are aware of. It is water soluble. It breaks down quickly. It takes an enormous amount to make you sick.

I believe you simply like drama.
    orr….. I simply like to know the truth and to share it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Trumpster (03-11-2019)

+ Reply to Thread