Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Snowden's actions, while illegal, can be defended. I don't believe one can defend Manning's criminal deeds.
    We agree.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manning gave away enormous numbers of dated classified information to WikiLeaks. WikiLeaks published some of the material. Treason? Possibly. He certainly committed clearly identified crimes regarding secret material during wartime. If the leaked material resulted in dead Americans then the death penalty is appropriate.

Crooked Hillary exposed not just Secret information. She exposed Top Secret Special Access Program TS/SAP materials. Crooked Hillary's materials did far more damage than the old information Manning gave to WikiLeaks.

Why does Crooked Hillary still live free? The State should have executed her. Her damage will endure for at least 30 years.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,994x in 55,615 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    ...Manning and Snowden outed crimes. They are heroes, to most of the people in this nation. While the ones who did the crimes not so much. According to most of the people in this nation trump is a criminal, while Manning and Snowden are considered heroes...

Snowden and Manning can't be put into the same catagory. You're the only person I've seen who thinks Manning is a hero.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-12-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I have seen the hero label put on Snowden, never on Manning. They still violated federal law and are criminals and committed treason. The fact that you (or to some extent I) agree with them is not relevant to whether they violated criminal law. Your speculation on Trump is not relevant either. Trump may this or may that. Every US President has kissed Saudi ass - Trump no more or less. We can debate the propriety of our relationship with the Saudis, particularly in light of our oil production.

People lately have a tendency to believe in their justice, not actual justice. Their "what is right" not actually what is right.
    So good point on what is right. What is right then, and how shall we define what is right? Is it only determined by what is law? Does it have nothing to do with anything beyond law, or have anything to do with fundamental morals that are innate in human beings? We know intuitively what is truly wrong and what is right. If I am a soldier lets say in the air force. I am told to bomb a building. By law and by duty it is right, sure. I am acting in the name of my country. But lets say that in that building dozens of civilians were killed, small children, and babies. Tell me now what is right? Killing babies and children for any reason is wrong, just because law and duty says killing them is ok in the name of a greater good. It does not make it a right action. Because in the law of humanity it is a gross violation.

As per the Saudis these violations should come to an end. It is true that Trump is not the first, but he is taking it to new levels. Whistleblowers have come forward stating he was secretly trying to pass off nuclear technology. We will see where it goes. he is under investigation. Just because other presidents have committed crimes does not forgive this presidents crimes. They are all wrong. I am just as upset at Obama when it comes to war. But he is not president right now, he is not the one doing it now. We need to focus on the current actions in order to bring it to a halt.

If mass murderers have killed scores of people, and then I go out and kill several people in a murder spree. Will I be forgiven, because I say well others did it too, so how can you charge me? That simply wouldn't fly in a court of law.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 03-11-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (03-13-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So good point on what is right. What is right then, and how shall we define what is right? Is it only determined by what is law? Does it have nothing to do with anything beyond law, or have anything to do with fundamental morals that are innate in human beings? We know intuitively what is truly wrong and what is right. If I am a soldier lets say in the air force. I am told to bomb a building. By law and by duty it is right, sure. I am acting in the name of my country. But lets say that in that building dozens of civilians were killed, small children, and babies. Tell me now what is right? Killing babies and children for any reason is wrong, just because law and duty says killing them is ok in the name of a greater good. It does not make it a right action. Because in the law of humanity it is a gross violation.

As per the Saudis these violations should come to an end. It is true that Trump is not the first, but he is taking it to new levels. Whistleblowers have come forward stating he was secretly trying to pass off nuclear technology. We will see where it goes. he is under investigation. Just because other presidents have committed crimes does not forgive this presidents crimes. They are all wrong. I am just as upset at Obama when it comes to war. But he is not president right now, he is not the one doing it now. We need to focus on the current actions in order to bring it to a halt.

If mass murderers have killed scores of people, and then I go out and kill several people in a murder spree. Will I be forgiven, because I say well others did it too, so how can you charge me. That simply wouldn't fly in a court of law.
    As a general rule, if the building is a legitimate military target and its destruction or suppression is relevant to the military operation then the civilian deaths are not murders.

Your continued coup cheerleading fascinates me. How does someone become so broken?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-12-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    As a general rule, if the building is a legitimate military target and its destruction or suppression is relevant to the military operation then the civilian deaths are not murders.
    That is the difference between you and me. You are able to legitimize the killing of innocent civilians, where as I cannot.

Your continued coup cheerleading fascinates me. How does someone become so broken?
    That is what I am wondering....
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (03-11-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the difference between you and me. You are able to legitimize the killing of innocent civilians, where as I cannot.
    You can sit, warm, comfortable, and in no danger while passing judgment. Be as soft and squishy as you want. Don't expect to be taken seriously in important matters.

That is what I am wondering....
    You are the coup cheerleader. What is your explanation? Are you just eager for civil war?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-12-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If mass murderers have killed scores of people, and then I go out and kill several people in a murder spree. Will I be forgiven, because I say well others did it too, so how can you charge me? That simply wouldn't fly in a court of law.
    This is perhaps the most idiotic analogy I have ever seen.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-11-2019),Tahuyaman (03-11-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    This is perhaps the most idiotic analogy I have ever seen.
    Like always MR D thank you for your insults.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manning is only a traitor if your loyalty is to the government and not the people.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (03-11-2019),Just AnotherPerson (03-11-2019),RadioGod (03-13-2019)

+ Reply to Thread