Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by testsubjectalpha View Post
    if you want to piss on a 80 year old to make a point Peter, that is what you are. In the meantime you've got an entire Gov't of corrupt cheats to do the same too. Go for it! Ocasio for God's sakes, not even elected before she embezzled campaign funds. But heck, she from New York?
    Manafort is guilty no matter what anyone else does.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about. No medium or large business does business in NY without dealing with crooks. You have to bribe everyone. It is well known. Try building without bribing the union and every inspector. Try opening a business without dealing with the union and inspectors. Try shipping anything without bribing the Longshoreman's Union.
    I had a friend who sat near me at work when I lived in Hawaii. He wanted to build a retaining wall. He did the paperwork for the building permit. A month went by. The clerk did not take his calls nor did the clerk return his calls. So my friend went to the department. He found the clerk. The clerk dug through his very tall "inbox" until he found my friend's permit request. It was at the bottom. My friend asked how long it would take. The clerk said it was complicated.

A month later my friend went back. The request was still at the bottom. And estimating how long it would take was complicated. On the third visit my friend gave the clerk a sizable cash bribe. By the end of that same week the permit was approved.

Then, despite how simple putting in an engineered retaining wall is there were inspectors who had to come out at each stage in the process. Imagine his surprise when each time the inspectors found problems that needed to be corrected. Once the bribes were paid the wall went in with no further problems.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

+ Reply to Thread