User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you say we are already in a soft civil war?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 50.00%
  • NO

    5 50.00%
  • Don't Know

    0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Would you say we are already in a soft civil war?

  1. #21
    Points: 24,027, Level: 37
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20423
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,085
    Points
    24,027
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    3,793
    Thanked 2,387x in 1,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    So.....what side of this war would you be on? You've a Apple Account? Amazon account? Facebook account? Twitter account? Microsoft account?

    How many appliances are in your corporate product home? Oven? Microwave. Fridge? Vacuum? Heat pump? Water heater? Washer? Dryer?

    What's in your driveway? What large corporation built your car?

    What's in your palm? Gotta smart phone?

    What are you typing on right now? Laptop? iPad?

    F'n...oops.
    Not F'n oops.....
    Just because there are businesses does it mean we have to pay their way, or allow them to control our gov. What a corporate cheerleader you are. You will just lay down and take it. But "we the people" are not interested in being raped by your team, "the corporations".
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  2. #22
    Points: 119,824, Level: 84
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 3,026
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    287744
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    56,721
    Points
    119,824
    Level
    84
    Thanks Given
    41,996
    Thanked 19,106x in 14,757 Posts
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    You can spin it however you want to testsubjectalpha. The corporations are not merely a free market. They are eroding our constitution. They control our gov and our policies, and the money from the poor is funneled to them via tax breaks and subsidies. Don't lecture on welfare when most of the welfare in this nation is given to the 1%. The wealthy live off the backs of the poor. Corporations are taking and taking and they are destroying the foundations of our nation. But people like you are ok with that. You do not mind living in a corporatocracy. But it is us citizens who are paying "their" way, not the other way around. The corporations are manipulating our media, our politicians and silencing the voice of the people.

    If you are fine with your rights, and your voice being thrown in the trash, and paying their way. Then so be it. It is because of people like you who cheerlead the erosion of our nation, that we have come to this sorry state of being. You may as well burn the constitution while you are at it.
    This is the kind of statement any garden-variety Marxist kook might say.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (03-15-2019)

  4. #23
    Points: 444,865, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    395422
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    146,104
    Points
    444,865
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,751
    Thanked 42,993x in 31,726 Posts
    Mentioned
    1689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    You can spin it however you want to testsubjectalpha. The corporations are not merely a free market. They are eroding our constitution. They control our gov and our policies, and the money from the poor is funneled to them via tax breaks and subsidies. Don't lecture on welfare when most of the welfare in this nation is given to the 1%. The wealthy live off the backs of the poor. Corporations are taking and taking and they are destroying the foundations of our nation. But people like you are ok with that. You do not mind living in a corporatocracy. But it is us citizens who are paying "their" way, not the other way around. The corporations are manipulating our media, our politicians and silencing the voice of the people.

    If you are fine with your rights, and your voice being thrown in the trash, and paying their way. Then so be it. It is because of people like you who cheerlead the erosion of our nation, that we have come to this sorry state of being. You may as well burn the constitution while you are at it.

    If corporations control our government then it is because the government has sold us out.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  5. #24
    Points: 444,865, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    395422
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    146,104
    Points
    444,865
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,751
    Thanked 42,993x in 31,726 Posts
    Mentioned
    1689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Not F'n oops.....
    Just because there are businesses does it mean we have to pay their way, or allow them to control our gov. What a corporate cheerleader you are. You will just lay down and take it. But "we the people" are not interested in being raped by your team, "the corporations".

    We're being raped because the government sold us out.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  6. #25
    Points: 24,027, Level: 37
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20423
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,085
    Points
    24,027
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    3,793
    Thanked 2,387x in 1,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Corporations like NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and ABC are manipulating our media?

    The Constitution....is exactly what allows people to unionize.....community organize....or incorporate, that is none of the government's business. They can tax earnings and make laws.....but the corporation can make as much money as it wants.

    I also find lectures like this one above as a joke. This is a Clinton Voter, Hillary being in bed with corporations and so was Obama, so any outrage shown today is obviously fake and disingenuous.

    What a load of bullshiit,
    The constitution does not say that this is a nation by the corporations for the corporations. And this whole freedom of speech business with citizens united please! Those who have the most money get to silence the voices of the people and shape this nation to their design. That is a direct silencing of the voices of the people, this removes our constitutional rights, and gives it to the corporations instead.

    You say it like it is a joke that corporations are controlling our media. This is not a joke. Who do you cheerlead for? We all know the media is manipulated by the powerful it is another way to subvert us and nudge us, or so called herd the crowd, to indoctrinate us, to keep us thinking what they want us to think, and nothing they don't want us to. It is designed to keep us subservient.

    15 billionaires who own America's news media companies https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevin.../#4665930a660a
    These 6 corporations own most of the media https://www.exposingtruth.com/6-medi...tch-hear-read/

    here is another https://www.businessinsider.com/thes...america-2012-6



    This is nothing new



    We could go on and on...…

    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 03-15-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  7. #26
    Points: 444,865, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    395422
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    146,104
    Points
    444,865
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,751
    Thanked 42,993x in 31,726 Posts
    Mentioned
    1689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    The constitution does not say that this is a nation by the corporations for the corporations. ...

    The Constitution does not permit the government to do much of what it does. You do realize the Constitution regulates the government, don't you? It grants it enumerated powers and prohibits actions against our existing rights. You do know this, right?
    Last edited by Chris; 03-15-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (03-15-2019),MisterVeritis (03-15-2019)

  9. #27
    Points: 24,027, Level: 37
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20423
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,085
    Points
    24,027
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    3,793
    Thanked 2,387x in 1,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The Constitution does permit the government to do much of what it does. You do realize the Constitution regulates the government, don't you? It grants it enumerated powers and prohibits actions against our existing rights. You do know this, right?
    You spout the same line every chance you get to say it is the gov. Like clockwork, anywhere you can fit it in. The one thing that reveals you as a fraud is when I say that we could change it by electing people who are not corrupted. You are still against even that, even though it would fix it. That outs you. You are pushing some alternate agenda. You are not really willing to settle for an uncorrupt gov. You would prefer a small gov and do not mind if it is controlled by corporations. You are just pushing your agenda every chance you get to say something bad about the gov.

    Chris, we all know the Gov is bad. I am all for getting the corruption out of gov and that means getting money out of politics. If our politicians are not bought and paid for then the problem will be solved, they will work for us again. But you are against that because you are a corporate cheerleader and refuse to admit that they are the source of the problem in our nation.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    Orion Rules (03-15-2019),Safety (03-15-2019)

  11. #28
    Points: 444,865, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    395422
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    146,104
    Points
    444,865
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    14,751
    Thanked 42,993x in 31,726 Posts
    Mentioned
    1689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    You spout the same line every chance you get to say it is the gov. Like clockwork, anywhere you can fit it in. The one thing that reveals you as a fraud is when I say that we could change it by electing people who are not corrupted. You are still against even that, even though it would fix it. That outs you. You are pushing some alternate agenda. You are not really willing to settle for an uncorrupt gov. You would prefer a small gov and do not mind if it is controlled by corporations. You are just pushing your agenda every chance you get to say something bad about the gov.

    Chris, we all know the Gov is bad. I am all for getting the corruption out of gov and that means getting money out of politics. If our politicians are not bought and paid for then the problem will be solved, they will work for us again. But you are against that because you are a corporate cheerleader and refuse to admit that they are the source of the problem in our nation.

    Yes, I do say the same thing every time you say corporations rule. Because it's true, if they do it is through our government, our government has violated the Constituton and sold us out.

    And you aren't pushing your agenda?

    Thing is your agenda is phoney. Corporations do not rule us, the government does. You admit as much when you agree the government is corrupt and bought out.

    I am not a corporation cheerleader so don't lie about that. I am totally against any form of welfare, social or corporate. Corporations should be left to sink or swim in the market with no government help.

    So the question is how do you control the government? How do you control politicians?

    As Madison famously put it: "If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself. A dependence on the people is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions."
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (03-15-2019)

  13. #29
    Points: 24,027, Level: 37
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20423
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,085
    Points
    24,027
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    3,793
    Thanked 2,387x in 1,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, I do say the same thing every time you say corporations rule. Because it's true, if they do it is through our government, our government has violated the Constituton and sold us out.

    And you aren't pushing your agenda?

    Thing is your agenda is phoney. Corporations do not rule us, the government does. You admit as much when you agree the government is corrupt and bought out.

    I am not a corporation cheerleader so don't lie about that. I am totally against any form of welfare, social or corporate. Corporations should be left to sink or swim in the market with no government help.

    So the question is how do you control the government? How do you control politicians?

    As Madison famously put it: "If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself. A dependence on the people is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions."
    I have already told you we get money out of politics. We end citizens united. We end the electoral college. We engage and work with our reps to make our voices heard. We do our part in our democratic republic to make our will and voices heard. We do not sit idly by, we become involved. When our reps work with the people they will do the will of the people. When money is out of politics then they will not be controlled by the corporations. They will once again be the voice of the people.

    It is a simple concept.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    Orion Rules (03-15-2019)

  15. #30
    Points: 28,175, Level: 40
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    154539
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,657
    Points
    28,175
    Level
    40
    Thanks Given
    3,355
    Thanked 7,172x in 4,421 Posts
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I have already told you we get money out of politics. We end citizens united. We end the electoral college. We engage and work with our reps to make our voices heard. We do our part in our democratic republic to make our will and voices heard. We do not sit idly by, we become involved. When our reps work with the people they will do the will of the people. When money is out of politics then they will not be controlled by the corporations. They will once again be the voice of the people.

    It is a simple concept.
    I don't agree with that concept, because, first of all, "corporations," in and of themselves aren't the problem. Hospitals are corporations. Charities and humanitarian groups are corporations.

    Getting rid of the Electoral College would be the reverse of the "voice of the people," since it would swing the vote over to highly populated, but small (geographic) regions. Our Constitution was designed to protect the citizens in each state, since states differ dramatically in demographics. If we get rid of the EC, we need to release every state from its commitment to the Union, since we've just pulled its "collective" power. Fortunately, we will never get rid of the EC because our Founders were wise to the mob rule that could happen if we did.

    We're doing just fine, and corporations are not the monsters some think they are.
    I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (03-15-2019),MisterVeritis (03-15-2019),Peter1469 (03-15-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO