Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand: A Mass Shooting Intended to Foment Copycat Attacks

New Zealand: A Mass Shooting Intended to Foment Copycat Attacks

This is intended to be a serious discussion of the New Zealand mass shooting. Here is STRATFOR's analysis. Non-subscribers should be able to link to a certain number of articles before they hit the paywall.

What Happened

At least one gunman opened fire on worshippers during Friday prayers at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 49 people, The New Zealand Herald reported March 15. Police arrested four people during their response to the attacks, but only one Australian man has been charged. A manifesto posted online outlining the motivations for the attack claims that the attacker acted alone and that he was motivated by a variety of issues associated with extreme-right ideology — including anti-Islamic as well as anti-globalist sentiments.

Though the attack appears to have been meticulously planned and prepared by a suspect who obviously held extremist views but managed to avoid detection by authorities, the high death toll can also be attributed to inadequate preparation for an active shooter situation. Video supposedly live-streamed by the shooter shows that most people at the first location were shot as they crowded the exits, effectively creating a kill zone. The mosques do not appear to have had any security in place, and though one of the worshippers tried to rush the gunman, he was quickly shot dead. The gunman was at the first mosque for at least 6 minutes and was able to leave before any police arrived on the scene. Indeed, the gunman claimed that he had chosen to carry out his attack in New Zealand precisely because of its soft targets.

What It Means

This is one of the deadliest active shooter attacks worldwide and the deadliest terrorist attack in New Zealand's history, a country that lacks experience with situations of this kind.

The mass shooting will have repercussions around the world in the weeks to come. It was intended to motivate others to carry out similar attacks against not just Muslims but also anyone who supports multiculturalism and globalism, including aid groups, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), philanthropists and business elites — regardless of their race or ethnicity. Mosques and Islamic groups, as well as NGOs and supportive politicians and business leaders around the world, should review their security practices and be on heightened alert for copycat attackers. The lessons to be learned from this attack apply to religious congregations and populations everywhere. Soft targets are vulnerable specifically because they do not expect to be attacked, highlighting the importance of having plans in place to address attacks and of carrying out regular drills to practice those responses.

The speed with which the attacker's message moved has renewed discussions as to how social media companies can responsibly manage user-generated content to cut down on hate speech and calls for violence. These social media platforms face pressure to censor and moderate their own content, but have so far found the task of overseeing their billions of users to be beyond their reach. Other platforms, such as 8chan, have steadfastly refused to engage in censorship as part of their business model, jeopardizing the reputations of the companies that host their sites.

Background
    Read the rest at the link.

We shall see over the next several days what the motive might have been. Expect the initial take by the "media" to be off base. Just the law of averages would support that claim.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that. He wanted to start a race war?
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Or a war against Muslim migrants.

When the migrant crisis started in Europe I said that if governments did not handle it stuff like this would happen.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (03-16-2019),DGUtley (03-16-2019)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 701
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,341x in 18,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Or a war against Muslim migrants.

When the migrant crisis started in Europe I said that if governments did not handle it stuff like this would happen.
    It will probably continue to happen.

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me state emphatically im against any and all of this especially these obscene murderous acts

Is anyone really surprised something like this happened. Havent any of you suspected that the lefts agenda was going to bring out those with counter agendas.

Has everyone forgotten all the violence from the left ? antifaa people being beaten for maga hats or being conservative. How long did you truly believe that something horrific wasnt going to happen? This and more is inevitable and I said long ago that the lefts violence and overbearing toxicity was going to being out more nutjobs

Jess Smollets, Ilman Omar, Ocasio, Talib are all going to keep creating a seething counter opposition that is going to grow.

I hope its all brought out in VOTES and not violence, but the left created this environment actually theyve pushed for it. I sincerely hope there is no more violence. Its always innocents that are not a part of what the person who commits the violence hates.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-17-2019)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish I understood what number of victims is the line in the sand differentiating between " they got shot, another shooting" to "MASS SHOOTING MUSLIMS ON FIRE" . God Bless the families of the victims. Its my wish you will have a brighter day somehow, someway, someday
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I wish I understood what number of victims is the line in the sand differentiating between " they got shot, another shooting" to "MASS SHOOTING MUSLIMS ON FIRE" . God Bless the families of the victims. Its my wish you will have a brighter day somehow, someway, someday
    That was very nice by your standards, fukin hillbilly
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    So he wasn't taking lessons from Trump, he was channeling Charles Manson.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post

I've seen elsewhere that the definition of "mass shooting" has become a situation in which for people who are not the shooter die in the attack.

The Rodents wanted to make "mass shooting" to mean at least one death, including the shooter, because their lies about guns are always short on numbers.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: ISIL calls for revenge.

Isis has called on its followers to retaliate for the terror attack against Muslims in New Zealand last week, in a rare message from one of its top figures.
    The group’s spokesman, Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, broke a six-month silence to call on Isis supporters to “take vengeance for their religion” in the 44-minute audio recording.

“This slaughter in those two mosques is no more than another tragedy among past and coming tragedies, which will be followed by scenes of force that reach all who were tricked to living among the polytheist,” he said in the message distributed by Al Furqan, a media organisation linked to Isis.

“The scenes of death in the two mosques are enough to wake the sleep and incite the supporters of the caliphate who live there, to take vengeance for their religion and for sons of their Ummah, who are killed everywhere in the world.”

The attack in Christchurch, New Zealand, left 50 people dead at two mosques during midday prayers. A 28-year-old Australian is the main suspect and in a manifesto, called himself a white nationalist out to avenge attacks in Europe by Muslims.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread