User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 'The Whole Climate Crisis Is Not Only Fake News, It's Fake Science'

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Yep, same old same old. You bring up a subject and have a meltdown when I dare address it. If you don't want to discuss these topics, you probably shouldn't bring them up.

Yes, you posted a paranoid political rant, and I pointed that out. Hence the problem. I strayed from your propaganda narrative, which always leaves you helpless.

Instead of complaining about how mean I am again, why not try addressing the topic you started? As it would be a first, you should try it. You might grow to like it.

As for your crying fits, I need not address them. Pointing how they are crying fits is all that's necessary, and humoring tantrums just encourages more tantrums.

Remember, when you tell me how mean I am, I'm encouraged to keep doing what I'm doing, as you clearly can't respond to it. The way to stop mean ol' me from being so mean is to respond with facts and logic.

Meltdown? I'm laughing.

You have not addressed anything. You've declared things nonsense, you've attacked the messenger, you've failed to address what anyone says. Only one to defend you is a fellow traveling troll.

You, mean? Yea, like a puppy dog nipping at my heels.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,070x in 787 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That's an odd thing to say. It's not for others to falsify what scientists hypothesize but for scientists themselves to do.
    And they've tried, and been unable to do so. So what's your protest? As the poster claimed to have special knowledge that the scientists lacked, I wanted to know what it was.

That is why the scientific consensus on climate change is so odd, it lies outside the standard approach of science, falsification.
    Odd, how you think consensus matters not in other science, and that climate science isn't falsifiable.

And you do? LOL, you don't even understand falsification.
    Excellent. I'll give you a chance to demonstrate your knowledge of the topic by asking the same question as before. What is your theory of the current climate, and what hard data could falsify it?

I can obviously show many ways climate science is falsifiable, but I'll be waiting on your response before I put forth the effort. If you're going to tell us again how the topic you just brought up isn't relevant, there's no point in wasting the keystrokes.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    And they've tried, and been unable to do so. So what's your protest? As the poster claimed to have special knowledge that the scientists lacked, I wanted to know what it was.

Odd, how you think consensus matters not in other science, and that climate science isn't falsifiable.

Excellent. I'll give you a chance to demonstrate your knowledge of the topic by asking the same question as before. What is your theory of the current climate, and what hard data could falsify it?

I can obviously show many ways climate science is falsifiable, but I'll be waiting on your response before I put forth the effort. If you're going to tell us again how the topic you just brought up isn't relevant, there's no point in wasting the keystrokes.

Odd, you reverse what I've said is my opinion, that consensus is not part of science, falsifiability is.

What is your theory of the current climate, and what hard data could falsify it?
    Again you try to turn things around. That's for climatologist to do, as I said, scientist are required to specify how their hypotheses are falsifiable.

If you've been trying to demostrate your trolling skills at spinning, you have succeeded.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,070x in 787 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Odd, you reverse what I've said is my opinion, that consensus is not part of science, falsifiability is.
    Given you won't tell us how to your own beliefs could possibly be falsified, that seems to be your admission that your beliefs are not scientific.

Again you try to turn things around. That's for climatologist to do, as I said, scientist are required to specify how their hypotheses are falsifiable.
    And that's been done by climate science, but not by deniers. Hence, by your standards, climate science is real science, and denialism is psuedoscience.

I'm glad we've finally cleared that up. Took long enough.

+ Reply to Thread