Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trans Activists Get Rape Crisis Center De-Funded

OH MY GOD! They've actually done it! Via aggressive lobbying of Vancouver politicians, the transgender movement has now actually gotten Vancouver Rape Relief and Women's Shelter, Canada's oldest rape crisis center, de-funded because they only service women and children. Wow. If you didn't think this movement was anti-feminist, anti-woman, and anti-reality before, that they are willing to, for all intents and purposes, ACTIVELY DEMAND THE RAPE AND ABUSE of women and children for the sake of political correctness ought to prove it to you beyond any dispute. This the single most misogynistic development I have seen in this entire battle to date. This is seriously horrifying!

Don't get me wrong: I get that trans-identified people experience physical and sexual abuse as well and need such services. But this development begs the question of why they are not investing in the creation of such centers and shelters for their own community (a positive solution that increases the volume of services to battered individuals) instead of trying to shut down those of women (a negative solution that reduces the volume of services to battered individuals)? Many women and children who survive physical and sexual abuse from men may not feel comfortable spending the night with a grown man they don't know, even (or, to be frank, perhaps even especially) if he claims to be a woman. That is just a fact. Is that to be just discounted?

Make no mistake though, Vancouver Rape Relief and Women's Shelter, which is also the last of its kind in Canada (and yes, they have affirmed that they will not change their policy in response to their grant money being taken away), will survive whether the local government or the transgender movement likes it or not, as was demonstrated by the global outpouring of donations that resulted from this announcement. That's because, unlike their local government, real people see the need here.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 03-21-2019 at 06:35 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (03-21-2019),Peter1469 (03-21-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger problem is that the government fell for that $#@!.

Good to see the government is not really needed- private citizens will fund the women shelters. There are several around here, and if you are a male you will never get the address or the phone number of any of these shelters (such as attorneys doing pro-bono work).
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (03-21-2019),MisterVeritis (03-29-2019)

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    EvilCat Breath's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 965x in 637 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know any male to female transgenders? I've met a few. To the last one, they hate women. Somewhere they know that they can never be biological women and the resentment is towering. They will shut down anything that helps women or the children they can never have.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilCat Breath View Post
    Do you know any male to female transgenders? I've met a few. To the last one, they hate women. Somewhere they know that they can never be biological women and the resentment is towering. They will shut down anything that helps women or the children they can never have.
    I know two of them. They don't hate women. They seem well adjusted to me. Well, for the most part.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilCat Breath View Post
    I'm an educator and the trans phenomenon is currently somewhat popular in America's high schools, so unsurprisingly I'm around trans-identified kids all day long most days (am expected to use the pronouns they prefer, etc.). Unlike the adults, nearly all of the of kids who are into this are biologically female; they're mostly part of the "freaks" category that I belonged to in high school (goths, punks, emo kids, geeks) and are confused about their sexual orientation (they're almost invariably gay or bi and ashamed of it) and influenced by the liberal feminist and "$#@!" social media they follow, which tells them that their sexual orientation implies that they're "living in the wrong body". I don't find them to be dangerous so much as lonely and emotionally vulnerable.

Matter-of-factly, I sympathize greatly with these kids. I was bi myself and struggling to accept myself in that regard, part of the "freaks" category, and struggling immensely with trauma, intense (suicidal) depression, and loneliness myself in my high school years, hated my body, and can easily picture myself falling for this trans $#@! myself had social media been a thing at the time. That's a big part of why I feel so strongly about the harm that this movement does.

The trans-identified adults I meet, by contrast, are far and away mostly biological males (sometimes gay, sometimes not) and they run the trans movement. There was a study not long ago which found that 73% of trans-identified people were natal males, so overall the scene and movement are dominated by men. The kids are harmless in comparison to this larger social movement.

The transgender movement strikes me as a movement of people who hate themselves (especially their bodies), want a fresh start in life -- a whole identity with which to hit the proverbial reset button on life and do everything over again -- and who are ultimately victims of several different industries that promote this ideology for self-interested reasons, including the beauty industry, the drug industry, and the medical industry. The consequences, however, are dire for rights of women in particular so basic that even conservatives have traditionally supported them: things like the right of women to privacy, to safety, to fair play, to freedom of speech and expression! To say nothing of the implications of putting children on hormones for life and binding their breasts and so forth so that they don't experience natural puberty.

The makers of artificial hormones in particular are completely out of control, in my opinion. I mean even outside of this trans $#@!, you see in TV commercials all the time now how they go around marketing the idea that your erectile dysfunction is caused by a "masculinity crisis" that can only be solved by taking testosterone for the rest of your life. They're intentionally promoting a reactionary, anti-feminist mentality that was born in the men's rights activist movement, in other words, in order just simply to separate you from your money. We as a society need to have a serious discussion about the level of power and influence that drug companies have over our whole worldview at this point.

Toward anything: if the solution involves millions of people spending tons of money on goods and services they otherwise wouldn't purchase, questions should be asked.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 03-29-2019 at 06:32 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-29-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    I'm an educator and the trans phenomenon is currently somewhat popular in America's high schools, so unsurprisingly I'm around trans-identified kids all day long most days (am expected to use the pronouns they prefer, etc.). Unlike the adults, nearly all of the of kids who are into this are biologically female; they're mostly part of the "freaks" category that I belonged to in high school (goths, punks, emo kids, geeks) and are confused about their sexual orientation (they're almost invariably gay or bi and ashamed of it) and influenced by the liberal feminist and "$#@!" social media they follow, which tells them that their sexual orientation implies that they're "living in the wrong body". I don't find them to be dangerous so much as lonely and emotionally vulnerable.

Matter-of-factly, I sympathize greatly with these kids. I was bi myself and struggling to accept myself in that regard, part of the "freaks" category, and struggling immensely with trauma, intense (suicidal) depression, and loneliness myself in my high school years, hated my body, and can easily picture myself falling for this trans $#@! myself had social media been a thing at the time. That's a big part of why I feel so strongly about the harm that this movement does.

The trans-identified adults I meet, by contrast, are far and away mostly biological males (sometimes gay, sometimes not) and they run the trans movement. There was a study not long ago which found that 73% of trans-identified people were natal males, so overall the scene and movement are dominated by men. The kids are harmless in comparison to this larger social movement.

The transgender movement strikes me as a movement of people who hate themselves (especially their bodies), want a fresh start in life -- a whole identity with which to hit the proverbial reset button on life and do everything over again -- and who are ultimately victims of several different industries that promote this ideology for self-interested reasons, including the beauty industry, the drug industry, and the medical industry. The consequences, however, are dire for rights of women in particular so basic that even conservatives have traditionally supported them: things like the right of women to privacy, to safety, to fair play, to freedom of speech and expression! To say nothing of the implications of putting children on hormones for life and binding their breasts and so forth so that they don't experience natural puberty.

The makers of artificial hormones in particular are completely out of control, in my opinion. I mean even outside of this trans $#@!, you see in TV commercials all the time now how they go around marketing the idea that your erectile dysfunction is caused by a "masculinity crisis" that can only be solved by taking testosterone for the rest of your life. They're intentionally promoting a reactionary, anti-feminist mentality that was born in the men's rights activist movement, in other words, in order just simply to separate you from your money. We as a society need to have a serious discussion about the level of power and influence that drug companies have over our whole worldview at this point.

Toward anything: if the solution involves millions of people spending tons of money on goods and services they otherwise wouldn't purchase, questions should be asked.
    Men dominate in their social groups. So it is no surprise that even the puffs dominate the gender confused set.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 2,012
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some trans individuals have tried to join the sexual violence support group that I am a member of. We are asked if we would mind if they join, and so far the group has told the leading psychologist that we aren't comfortable with it. We even had a man ask to join. I really feel for these individuals because most support groups are entirely geared towards women and there are not enough male or trans victims interested in forming their own group. If it were not a barrier to the goals of the support group, I would be open to it - but, for example, if someone born a male was assaulted as a male, it could be kind of triggering and traumatic for the other members.

There were also two non-binary individuals that wanted to join but the pronouns would have been another barrier since not everyone knows how to use them (including myself if it isn't singular). It would be counterproductive to spend time correcting each other over language when there are much bigger fish to fry.

It's complex. I start training to become a certified victim advocate in a couple of weeks and plan to write my thesis on a related topic. There are underserved communities, but that does not warrant taking away options for other victims. But I could see where an argument for gender discrimination might form, though I do not agree with it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (04-02-2019),Peter1469 (04-02-2019)

+ Reply to Thread