Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonesboro police release body-cam video of officer-involved shooting

I don't know if this has already been posted. If so I apologize. I am going to post this story even though it is awful. I truly had pause about posting it. It is not often I watch a video that actually makes me cry. It looks to me like this guy was dropping his gun when he got shot. You can see the gun roll forward in his hand. It seemed like a split second after he released it from his hand they opened fire.

What was so sad about this one is I don't think the officers were triggered like some are. The guy was wanted for murder, so I can understand that they were afraid. Normally when they shoot someone they just leave them on the ground to die. But you can really tell these officers were hella distraught and were trying to help this guy. This was the saddest police cam footage I have ever seen. I had serious mixed emotions on this one. I am pretty sure the cops did wrong, but it truly looked like they didn't mean to. That sounds awful to say that even. I am not sure what to think.

Warning if you are sensitive, DO NOT WATCH THIS.

See more at the link http://www.kait8.com/2019/03/22/grap...lved-shooting/

Excerpt:

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Just days after two Jonesboro police officers were cleared in the fatal shooting of a murder suspect, the department released body camera video of the incident.

On March 7, Officers Brian Bailey and Chris Jefferson with the Street Crimes Unit responded to a call about suspected drug activity in the area of Race and Curtview.

While searching, they encountered Rodney Fisher who was wanted in connection with the shooting death of David Marshall.

As they approached Fisher, according to a release from the prosecuting attorney’s office, Fisher pulled a handgun on the officers.

An ambulance took him to a local hospital where he later died.

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,856x in 13,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I don't know if this has already been posted. If so I apologize. I am going to post this story even though it is awful. I truly had pause about posting it. It is not often I watch a video that actually makes me cry. It looks to me like this guy was dropping his gun when he got shot. You can see the gun roll forward in his hand. It seemed like a split second after he released it from his hand they opened fire.

What was so sad about this one is I don't think the officers were triggered like some are. The guy was wanted for murder, so I can understand that they were afraid. Normally when they shoot someone they just leave them on the ground to die. But you can really tell these officers were hella distraught and were trying to help this guy. This was the saddest police cam footage I have ever seen. I had serious mixed emotions on this one. I am pretty sure the cops did wrong, but it truly looked like they didn't mean to. That sounds awful to say that even. I am not sure what to think.

Warning if you are sensitive, DO NOT WATCH THIS.

See more at the link http://www.kait8.com/2019/03/22/grap...lved-shooting/

Excerpt:

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Just days after two Jonesboro police officers were cleared in the fatal shooting of a murder suspect, the department released body camera video of the incident.

On March 7, Officers Brian Bailey and Chris Jefferson with the Street Crimes Unit responded to a call about suspected drug activity in the area of Race and Curtview.

While searching, they encountered Rodney Fisher who was wanted in connection with the shooting death of David Marshall.

As they approached Fisher, according to a release from the prosecuting attorney’s office, Fisher pulled a handgun on the officers.

An ambulance took him to a local hospital where he later died.

This is simply untrue JAP, officers often render first aid after shooting someone. I watch a lot of badge cam footage.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    This is simply untrue JAP, officers often render first aid after shooting someone. I watch a lot of badge cam footage.
    Honestly I have not watched a lot of them. I really don't like to watch them. I am just going by the few that I have watched. Perhaps you are right. I am just going by what I have seen. I personally thought this was tragic and so so sad. I even felt bad for the officers in this one. Even though I am pretty sure the guy was dropping the gun. It was a terrible tragedy.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,856x in 13,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I have not watched a lot of them. I really don't like to watch them. I am just going by the few that I have watched. Perhaps you are right. I am just going by what I have seen. I personally thought this was tragic and so so sad. I even felt bad for the officers in this one. Even though I am pretty sure the guy was dropping the gun. It was a terrible tragedy.
    I agree, it's always sad when a human life is lost.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

5. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-24-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an updated article on the officers being released of charges.
    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...lated_articles

It was said that protests are being held today because of this outcome. I was going to put a link but it is not working.
    This article talks about how the man who was shot by the officers had held a woman hostage for over a week.
    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...lated_articles

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,663x in 1,297 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JAP, you shouldn't watch stuff that upsets you! There is nothing to be gained by that! I have nightmares just from the crime shows I watch on ID TV.And more than a few bad experiences in my life. Stay in your comfort zone!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-25-2019)

+ Reply to Thread