Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detransitioned and Desisted Women Speak Out

Below is a video featuring three young women who have transitioned out of male and non-binary identities (including hormone therapy) back to recognizing themselves as female and one young woman who has similarly desisted from identifying herself as male. They explain some of what their experience believing themselves to be trans was like, how they came to feel that they were trans, and how they figured out that they weren't, with a specific focus on the role of social media, which they point to as having been particularly important. They also provide some parenting advice on how to best address a situation where your child embraces a trans identity based on their own experiences.

These young women are very articulated and impressive and I think you'll find what they have to say fascinating throughout. I know I did! Just thought I'd share it with everyone today.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Below is a video featuring three young women who have transitioned out of male and non-binary identities (including hormone therapy) back to recognizing themselves as female and one young woman who has similarly desisted from identifying herself as male. They explain some of what their experience believing themselves to be trans was like, how they came to feel that they were trans, and how they figured out that they weren't, with a specific focus on the role of social media, which they point to as having been particularly important. They also provide some parenting advice on how to best address a situation where your child embraces a trans identity based on their own experiences.

These young women are very articulated and impressive and I think you'll find what they have to say fascinating throughout. I know I did! Just thought I'd share it with everyone today.
    I have no idea what they're talking about and don't want to know.

Don't you think we'd all be better off if they would just take stock in what they have and be grateful, and just STFU?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,530x in 55,047 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Listened to opening to where they're talking about getting on social media at 15 and 6th grade, and have to say no wonder they got confused.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post

It's become a fad. If you really think about it someone living in the wrong body would need hormones. But someone who just thought they were living in the wrong body would not.If something was that out of kilter shouldn't there be physical findings?

+ Reply to Thread