Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    No. You didn't hear it from Rush. If you listened to Limbaugh you wouldn't be so ignorant.
    That has got to be a democrat
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,714x in 16,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Today (04-03-19) Rush was comparing the two and tried to make the point that it's pointless to try to live a healthy lifestyle. He said Mick Jagger always strived to be healthy by working out and eating a healthy vegan diet. Whereas Keith Richards was supposed to be the opposite, according to Rush. And now Mick is not doing well and needs an operation whereas Keith is doing very well and looks great. In conclusion, Rush once again tried to make the point that it's all genetic and a matter of luck; trying to be healthy is a waste of time. (I'm paraphrasing.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/31/health/31age.html

The above link points out the following: And the beginning of the article gives an example of how different their health status can be. One twin can have excellent health while the other has very poor health, despite the fact that their genes are identical. So one would have to conclude that it's not about genes.

I wish Rush would get it right, otherwise, he might lose his credibility on global warming. (This assumes I'm not the only one who knows that health and longevity is not all about genes and luck.)
    It always disturbs me when Rush or anyone else focuses on the exception rather than the rule, as in Keith Richards. Most people to believe what they need to believe, want to believe or in some cases have to believe . In the case of Rush, since he and Richards have both struggled with opiates he may need to believe Richards is immortal as a means of denying his own mortality. After a good look at Richards picture he may or may not have had a pulse when it was taken.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Yea. So what? Genetics still play a big role in your health, The twins have no more weight in this than anyone else. Health outcomes also come from diets, diseases and other things. You are getting all stressed out over what I said. That's not a healthy thing.
    I agree that genes play a role but not in the way that most people think. Everyone has their share of bad genes but bad genes can be kept turned off or inactive. One example: Some women have a gene for breast cancer but never get breast cancer. And some women who don't have a gene for breast cancer get breast cancer. The same applies to Alzheimer's and other diseases. I also think that health comes from diet, exercise and stress control. And, by the way, I'm not at all stressed out. I'm as calm as could be.

I was exposed to TB as a child. I mean direct exposure over a 6 month period. I had some TB cells but did not get TB. I still have antibodies. I can't get TB now. Nothing genetic there.
    You must have had a healthy immune system to keep the disease from progressing.

My family has a high degree of vision problems. Far more than average. We inherited it and we passed it on. That's genetics.
    I can't comment on that because I don't know the nature of your vision problems and I don't know you or your family. Also, I never said genes or luck don't play any role in disease.

See what I mean?
    Yes, so where do we disagree?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpster For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-04-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today (04-03-19) Rush was comparing the two and tried to make the point that it's pointless to try to live a healthy lifestyle. He said Mick Jagger always strived to be healthy by working out and eating a healthy vegan diet. Whereas Keith Richards was supposed to be the opposite, according to Rush. And now Mick is not doing well and needs an operation whereas Keith is doing very well and looks great. In conclusion, Rush once again tried to make the point that it's all genetic and a matter of luck; trying to be healthy is a waste of time. (I'm paraphrasing.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/31/health/31age.html

The above link points out the following: And the beginning of the article gives an example of how different their health status can be. One twin can have excellent health while the other has very poor health, despite the fact that their genes are identical. So one would have to conclude that it's not about genes.

I wish Rush would get it right, otherwise, he might lose his credibility on global warming. (This assumes I'm not the only one who knows that health and longevity is not all about genes and luck.)
    To a large extent, your health is impacted by genes and circumstance. I'm mean...isn't that obvious?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    This is my opinion, its in the Genes, if you come from good stock you will have longevity and good health.

You can destroy your good health and over ride good genes with years of abusing your body.

I think people with bad genes to start or who have hereditary illness have a hard road, even the best of lifestyles might not be enough.
    Vegans are very strange people and have a tendency to be utterly divorced from reality regarding certain topics.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Yea. So what? Genetics still play a big role in your health, The twins have no more weight in this than anyone else. Health outcomes also come from diets, diseases and other things. You are getting all stressed out over what I said. That's not a healthy thing.

I was exposed to TB as a child. I mean direct exposure over a 6 month period. I had some TB cells but did not get TB. I still have antibodies. I can't get TB now. Nothing genetic there.

My family has a high degree of vision problems. Far more than average. We inherited it and we passed it on. That's genetics.

See what I mean?
    Of course they do. I can't believe we're even discussing this but we live in a time when laymen still believe in the blank slate conception of human beings.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you read my link about identical twins? They have identical genes but different health outcomes.
    This proves what? That other factors play a role in addition to genes? And?

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you're not understanding. (I don't watch TV)
    Of course you don't. And you don't eat at fast food restaurants either I'll wager.

Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,355x in 27,929 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    It always disturbs me when Rush or anyone else focuses on the exception rather than the rule, as in Keith Richards. Most people to believe what they need to believe, want to believe or in some cases have to believe . In the case of Rush, since he and Richards have both struggled with opiates he may need to believe Richards is immortal as a means of denying his own mortality. After a good look at Richards picture he may or may not have had a pulse when it was taken.
    I doubt it disturbed anyone who actually listened.

Rush said to take a look at Richards. He has abused every possible substance and looks like hell. But he is medically fine. Jagger is a vegan, works out, may not even drink, and looks great. But Jaggar has a heart problem. One did everything "wrong" and is fine. The other did everything "right' and is not.

Be skeptical.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 04-04-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Mister D (04-04-2019)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    This is my opinion, its in the Genes, if you come from good stock you will have longevity and good health.
    Some years ago a neighbor told me this in a conversation we had. She said both of her parents lived into their late 90s and it was her goal to live to be 100. And she thought she could do it because she was in good health liked to eat fresh vegetables. Well, I moved and didn't keep in touch with her. Then about 20 years later I decided to check the FL online obituary, and her obituary was there stating that she died in her late 70s. She didn't even make it to 80. There are endless examples of this kind of thing happening.

You can destroy your good health and over ride good genes with years of abusing your body.
    In my opinion, that means living a healthy lifestyle is the most important factor. Even bad genes can be kept inactive by living a healthy lifestyle.

I think people with bad genes to start or who have hereditary illness have a hard road, even the best of lifestyles might not be enough.
    Right, if a person is born with a disease or deformity that's another story.
    Last edited by Trumpster; 04-04-2019 at 02:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread