User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Millennials talking? Strange things happen @ the Masters where cell phones are banned

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    For some reason the text messaging on my phone hasnt worked the past few days. It's been so pleasent I may not fix it.
    My text messaging is working, but for some reason when people call me, it usually goes straight to voicemail. It's been like that for a few months now. I've thought of going into the cellphone store to fix the problem or replace the phone...but I sort of like it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (04-12-2019),countryboy (04-13-2019),Peter1469 (04-13-2019)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    My text messaging is working, but for some reason when people call me, it usually goes straight to voicemail. It's been like that for a few months now. I've thought of going into the cellphone store to fix the problem or replace the phone...but I sort of like it.
    The other day someone asked me " why do I feel youve been ignoring me"? I simply replied..." Because I have"
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,260
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Cell phones suck, they are the greatest intrusion on society ever. I look around at people and they have them stuck to their ear everywhere or they are playing with them. People in supermarkets stopped right in the middle of an aisle wildly laughing and or yelling into the phone oblivious to everyone else.

Auto insurers have sounded the alarm, in fla there was a big legislative push to strictly enforce no cellphone use while driving after insurers said they will have to request larger increases for auto insurance.

Cellphone should be a tool to use when you need it, its not a part of your body, to too many it is.
    Agreed. People seem to lose all sense, rationality and logic when they are enthralled by their cell phones. People at one time thought it incredibly stupid to walk or drive while reading, but cell phone addicts haven't figured out that walking or driving without looking where you are going is moronic. Nobody really wants to hear your cell phone conversations on the bus or subway or while grocery shopping, but we are all subjected to it along with the blocking of traffic at the top or bottom of escalators or while in line or going through doorways. Now you have to accommodate this new disability - people who are not blind but have no idea where they are walking or driving and are oblivious to everything around them. Perhaps this is a massive Darwin moment where the people who are too stupid to live and contribute to the genetic pool, wipe themselves out.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (04-12-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (04-12-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If a gallery guard even sees a phone on the course, the owner of that phone is banned from the Masters for life."

100% agree.

*golf clap*
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (04-12-2019),DGUtley (04-13-2019)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    So apparently she was affected by diabetes and unable to see things that are not adequately contrasted. She should have been using a cane in order to avoid this very problem. I am sceptical. If you have to use a cane you can't be staring at your phone and if you have impaired vision, why would you be walking and staring at a phone?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Agreed. People seem to lose all sense, rationality and logic when they are enthralled by their cell phones. People at one time thought it incredibly stupid to walk or drive while reading, but cell phone addicts haven't figured out that walking or driving without looking where you are going is moronic. Nobody really wants to hear your cell phone conversations on the bus or subway or while grocery shopping, but we are all subjected to it along with the blocking of traffic at the top or bottom of escalators or while in line or going through doorways. Now you have to accommodate this new disability - people who are not blind but have no idea where they are walking or driving and are oblivious to everything around them. Perhaps this is a massive Darwin moment where the people who are too stupid to live and contribute to the genetic pool, wipe themselves out.
    Cellphones are great and are powerful tools...however they have a time and place. Walking down the street (particularly crossing the street) and driving are not them.

Even today, in the span of 5 minutes I witnessed at least 5 drivers distracted by phones...one literally stopping in moving traffic looking at her phone. I could see her eyes in her mirror looking down at her phone so long that I had to honk to get her to look up. Yet she continued until I pulled up next to her and politely pointed out her transgressions with some hand gestures and loud expletives. Then there was the pedestrian who walked into my bumper texting something obviously so important that he walked into traffic without looking.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (04-12-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I admit I love my cell phone but geez its amazing how many grown men and women are like 3 year olds with a phone. They are so fascinated
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Cellphones are great and are powerful tools...however they have a time and place. Walking down the street (particularly crossing the street) and driving are not them.

Even today, in the span of 5 minutes I witnessed at least 5 drivers distracted by phones...one literally stopping in moving traffic looking at her phone. I could see her eyes in her mirror looking down at her phone so long that I had to honk to get her to look up. Yet she continued until I pulled up next to her and politely pointed out her transgressions with some hand gestures and loud expletives. Then there was the pedestrian who walked into my bumper texting something obviously so important that he walked into traffic without looking.
    And they wonder why industry is becoming less inclined to replace older workers who retire with young people? I just shake my head at people who can't take their eyes off of their phones. They are only encouraging those who are funding the development of software and robotics to replace them. Plus, they have short attention spans. Having to read long documents or being able to respond substantively seems to be abusive.

Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    And they wonder why industry is becoming less inclined to replace older workers who retire with young people? I just shake my head at people who can't take their eyes off of their phones. They are only encouraging those who are funding the development of software and robotics to replace them. Plus, they have short attention spans. Having to read long documents or being able to respond substantively seems to be abusive.
    Lol...don't join the rose coloured rear view mirror crew bashing today's youth. It's not just young people doing this. Cellphone hypnosis isn't age specific. The biggest offenders on the road are middle aged luxury car drivers.

The reality is, millennials are no different than any other generation. They just have different circumstances. Our duty, as people older than them is to complain about them and their incompetence. Just like every other generation did...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

alexa (04-13-2019)

+ Reply to Thread