Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,044x in 8,893 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    The Democrats had control of the congress for a while during the Obama era. What's your point? Do you even have a point?

I'm not sure why you brought Obama into the discussion.
    You suggest that the budgets are exclusively Congressional, thus the last six years of the Obama admin had budgets that were Republican. I no longer wish to hear any further criticism about deficits and overspending by the Obama administration since they had nothing to do with the last 6 years of budgets, according to your reckoning. In fact, since the Bush administration or the Congress in place at the time budgeted for stimulus spending and bailouts well into the next administration and the last six Obama years were Republican budgets, Obama apparently had nothing really to do with virtually any of the spending while he was in office. The ACA was passed while the Republicans controlled Congress and they are responsible for the associated costs.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Safety (04-16-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,537x in 55,960 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    You suggest that the budgets are exclusively Congressional, thus the last six years of the Obama admin had budgets that were Republican. I no longer wish to hear any further criticism about deficits and overspending by the Obama administration since they had nothing to do with the last 6 years of budgets, according to your reckoning. In fact, since the Bush administration or the Congress in place at the time budgeted for stimulus spending and bailouts well into the next administration and the last six Obama years were Republican budgets, Obama apparently had nothing really to do with virtually any of the spending while he was in office. The ACA was passed while the Republicans controlled Congress and they are responsible for the associated costs.
    The ACA was not passed while Republicans had control of the congress. It was passed with no Republican support.

You are proving to be a hack.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 04-16-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, he was so hell bent on trying to find a "gotcha" moment, he never saw the car you just hit him with.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (04-16-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Damn, he was so hell bent on trying to find a "gotcha" moment, he never saw the car you just hit him with.
    A federal budget isn’t a congressional responsibility? Really?

Or do you agree with her that the ACA was passed after Republicans took control of the congress?
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 04-16-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ACA was not passed while Republicans had control of the congress. It was passed with no Republican support.

You are proving to be a hack.
    Do correct me if I am wrong but the Affordable Care Act was enacted in March 2010. Who was in charge of the 2011 and subsequent budgets which would have covered the ACA and which was not part of the 2010 budget?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do correct me if I am wrong but the Affordable Care Act was enacted in March 2010. Who was in charge of the 2011 and subsequent budgets which would have covered the ACA and which was not part of the 2010 budget?
    The Republicans took over the congress after the ACA was passed. The ACA was passed without one Republican vote. How could that be possible if they controlled the congress at that time?
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 04-17-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Republicans took over the congress after the ACA was passed.
    And they controlled the budget for the majority of the Obama years. So there you go. Do you still want to suggest that the President has no impact on the budget? If so, I don't want to hear a single solitary word about Obama driving up the deficit, because you can't have it both ways.

Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And they controlled the budget for the majority of the Obama years. So there you go. Do you still want to suggest that the President has no impact on the budget? If so, I don't want to hear a single solitary word about Obama driving up the deficit, because you can't have it both ways.
    The president does not establish the federal budget. That's the job of the congress. I don't know why you keep arguing your erronious position.

However, the congress (under the control of Democrats) approved of Obama paying back his big donors with his fraudulent stimulus bill. Do you dispute that?

Now, don't be a hack and answer factually.

+ Reply to Thread