Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,310x in 10,922 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting article on this subject

Transgender Privilege: Why Must We All Be Forced to Bow to It?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/transgender-privilege-why-must-we-all-be-forced-to-bow-to-it/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,299x in 4,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fight broke out in Hawaii at one high school. Boys were mad a female kept using their bathrooms, 5 guys decided to claim to be girls and enter theirs. One was kneed blocking the door, by a girl and she was arrested.

It's just not bathrooms, it's sports changing rooms and even showers. The schools will end up getting sued, more fights will break out and parents may take the law into their own hands.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 30 years old. I have a 18 month old nephew. I shudder to think what the world is going to look like when he's 30. It's changed so much from I was 20. We're capitulating to mental illness now.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (04-18-2019),MisterVeritis (04-17-2019),roadmaster (04-17-2019),Sergeant Gleed (04-17-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,299x in 4,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I'm 30 years old. I have a 18 month old nephew. I shudder to think what the world is going to look like when he's 30. It's changed so much from I was 20. We're capitulating to mental illness now.
    My kids are in their 30's and can't believe how things have changed for the worse. That is why I am homeschooling my granddaughter in NC.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Unless there are no doors on the stalls in the girls' bathroom, I don't see the problem. Sounds like some snowflakery to me. Locker rooms - different story. A physically male or physically female individual, regardless of how they identify in terms of gender, undressing, possibly showering with those of the opposite sex - that is the dictionary definition of "disruption". Back to bathrooms, though, it appears that some states have erred in not requiring any standards at all for allowing access based on gender identification. It should not be considered out of line or a violation of anyone's rights to require some good faith actions on the part of the transgender student, such as an attempt to dress appropriately - possibly to provide school authorities with a medical professional's written confirmation or assessment of the situation.
    The problem is that boys are not supposed to be in the girl's room. Or does the girl's right to privacy come into authority only when they want to murder their babies?
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (04-17-2019)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither you nor I can really know what it's like to have a brain and a body that don't, in a sense, go together, so I wouldn't trivialize the condition by characterizing it as a "delusion". From my reading, it appears to be something that most such individuals are aware of from a very early age; it also appears to be a condition that isn't, in most cases, caused or triggered by any sort of trauma. It's simply the way some people come out, so to speak.

As for "99% of society being disrupted", it seems to me that a large part - maybe even 99% - of the "disruption" is the immediate fault, not of the transgender individuals, but of all the folks running around like their hair is on fire because something is happening that is outside of their normal experience. It's like the grade school teacher who sent home the kid who came to school with a mohawk, saying that the hairstyle was "disrupting the class". It was freaking her out, so she used the old Good Order and Discipline excuse to banish the offending haircut from her sight.
    That why they call it a mental illness.

Mental illness is not treated by agreeing with the lunatic ' s delusions.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,053
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,607x in 4,339 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither you nor I can really know what it's like to have a brain and a body that don't, in a sense, go together, so I wouldn't trivialize the condition by characterizing it as a "delusion".
    Actually, I think most of us are familiar with the experience of being dissatisfied with our bodies. For some people, that is a much more serious and persistent life problem than it is for others, but the baseline experience is familiar to all of us, I suspect.

You're a guy. I suspect that there have been points in your life when you didn't feel that you were adequately "manly" before. Personally, I've never really felt especially feminine and body image has been a major part of that for me.

I was always kind of a tomboy, and furthermore bisexual; a combination that can cause a lot of confusion, particularly in one's teen years, given what society's expectations of girls are. I've been "misgendered" a lot in the course of my life (sometimes accidentally, other times on purpose). I know what that is and how horrible it can make you feel the more often it happens. I wasn't popular in high school. I was struggling immensely with trauma, intense (suicidal) depression, and loneliness myself in my high school years, hated my body, and can easily picture myself falling for this trans $#@! myself had social media been a thing at the time. That's a big part of why I feel so strongly about the harm that this movement does.

I mean seriously, I'm an educator and this trans stuff is fairly popular among high school kids (girls in particular) today, and the only difference I can perceive between my own lived experience at that point in life and that of the "trans" youth today is the absence of social media back at the turn of the century. The result was that my only exposure to transgender ideas was on The Jerry Springer Show, and I consider myself lucky that that was the case for me because otherwise I myself might very well have embraced a male identity and regretted it like a steadily increasing number of bi and lesbian girls are today. Not that my actual fate in college wound up being a lot better, but still.

I posit to you this challenge: if gender (as contrasted with biological sex) exists, then what is it? Provide us with a definition. Seriously, nobody even knows what the hell it is! Nobody has ever been able to give me a concrete definition of gender. People can figure out the difference between having one set of chromosomes or another, but as to what precisely it means to have a "male brain" or a "female brain"...eeh, nobody really seems to be able to flesh out what exactly that means, have you noticed?

In fact, there are an enormous number of things that I find the transgender movement cannot explain, like why 95% of the females ("trans men") seem to be bisexual or lesbian while most the most males ("trans women") are heterosexual and far more visible in our media and at the top of business corporations. Or why 73% of trans-identified people overall are biologically male, while conversely some 80% of trans-identified youth are biologically female. Or why the males seem to be just as prone to violent, including sexually violent, conduct as other males in society are despite supposedly being women. (Why do they act like men, in other words, if they have a "female brain"?) I can explain a lot of those things just based on cursory observation (in brief: it's called male privilege), but the narrative that says gender identity is inborn cannot. The ideology just doesn't make sense of life.

I voiced my full opinion of the transgender movement, from whence it comes, the differences between the experiences (and possibly motives) of the males and females, the human cost, and the industries that benefit from it here not long ago if you're interested.

Unless there are no doors on the stalls in the girls' bathroom, I don't see the problem. Sounds like some snowflakery to me. Locker rooms - different story. A physically male or physically female individual, regardless of how they identify in terms of gender, undressing, possibly showering with those of the opposite sex - that is the dictionary definition of "disruption". Back to bathrooms, though, it appears that some states have erred in not requiring any standards at all for allowing access based on gender identification. It should not be considered out of line or a violation of anyone's rights to require some good faith actions on the part of the transgender student, such as an attempt to dress appropriately - possibly to provide school authorities with a medical professional's written confirmation or assessment of the situation.
    Not to be indelicate (because this is an intrinsically gross subject, IMO), but there is more than just visual privacy at stake here: there is also the privacy of shall we say sounds and smells, to be as delicate as I can about it. I think you know what I mean. Plus, I don't know about you, but I can think of three very easy ways to circumvent the quality of visual "privacy" that typical bathroom stalls provide immediately.

But let's get more to the point: the main reason why girls and women need separate bathrooms and locker rooms and shelters and such is safety. Physical safety. You are exposed and at your most vulnerable in spaces like these. The fear of rape specifically is the main thing that makes girls uncomfortable with the presence of a boy in the girl's restroom. That's what these girls are experiencing. I think that's serious anyway and that they shouldn't have to experience that fear daily at a taxpayer-funded high school.

The other side argues that the boy feels most comfortable in the girl's restroom and that that's the issue. Okay, well 20 girls feel uncomfortable with him being there: where is the concern of the law for their comfort? Why does the discomfort of one boy outweigh that of 20 girls in importance?
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 04-18-2019 at 07:23 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-18-2019)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,333
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,008x in 12,234 Posts
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Actually, I think most of us are familiar with the experience of being dissatisfied with our bodies. For some people, that is a much more serious and persistent life problem than it is for others, but the baseline experience is familiar to all of us, I suspect.

You're a guy. I suspect that there have been points in your life when you didn't feel that you were adequately "manly" before. Personally, I've never really felt especially feminine and body image has been a major part of that for me.
    Well, personally I always wanted to be Tarzan, but I guess that wasn't in the genetic cards for me.

I was always kind of a tomboy, and furthermore bisexual; a combination that can cause a lot of confusion, particularly in one's teen years, given what society's expectations of girls are. I've been "misgendered" a lot in the course of my life (sometimes accidentally, other times on purpose). I know what that is and how horrible it can make you feel the more often it happens. I wasn't popular in high school. I was struggling immensely with trauma, intense (suicidal) depression, and loneliness myself in my high school years, hated my body, and can easily picture myself falling for this trans $#@! myself had social media been a thing at the time. That's a big part of why I feel so strongly about the harm that this movement does.

I mean seriously, I'm an educator and this trans stuff is fairly popular among high school kids (girls in particular) today, and the only difference I can perceive between my own lived experience at that point in life and that of the "trans" youth today is the absence of social media back at the turn of the century. The result was that my only exposure to transgender ideas was on The Jerry Springer Show, and I consider myself lucky that that was the case for me because otherwise I myself might very well have embraced a male identity and regretted it like a steadily increasing number of bi and lesbian girls are today. Not that my actual fate in college wound up being a lot better, but still.
    With regard to this subject, I'm not sure that "social media" is always such a good thing. In other words, perhaps it helps some in the sense that it gets the word out to them that they are not alone in their feelings, but it also provides a means and a platform for them to be harassed and publicly ridiculed.

I posit to you this challenge: if gender (as contrasted with biological sex) exists, then what is it? Provide us with a definition. Seriously, nobody even knows what the hell it is! Nobody has ever been able to give me a concrete definition of gender. People can figure out the difference between having one set of chromosomes or another, but as to what precisely it means to have a "male brain" or a "female brain"...eeh, nobody really seems to be able to flesh out what exactly that means, have you noticed?
    I recall reading a book called 'Brain Sex' back in 1992, and I'm sure there has been much more published on the subject since then. As for a "concrete definition of gender", I won't insult your intelligence by quoting any of the several dictionary definitions available on line - you can find those for yourself, I'm sure. I would just ask you this question: if you do now consider yourself to be bisexually oriented, or have in the past, would the fact that no one has shown any observable differences in a "bisexual" brain and a "heterosexual" brain cause you to doubt the validity of what you were feeling?

In fact, there are an enormous number of things that I find the transgender movement cannot explain, like why 95% of the females ("trans men") seem to be bisexual or lesbian while most the most males ("trans women") are heterosexual and far more visible in our media and at the top of business corporations. Or why 73% of trans-identified people overall are biologically male, while conversely some 80% of trans-identified youth are biologically female. Or why the males seem to be just as prone to violent, including sexually violent, conduct as other males in society are despite supposedly being women. (Why do they act like men, in other words, if they have a "female brain"?) I can explain a lot of those things just based on cursory observation (in brief: it's called male privilege), but the narrative that says gender identity is inborn cannot. The ideology just doesn't make sense of life.
    The brain, as it develops throughout an individual's life - both before and after birth - is an incredibly complex mechanism, the workings of which I think Science is only beginning to understand to any great extent.

I voiced my full opinion of the transgender movement, from whence it comes, the differences between the experiences (and possibly motives) of the males and females, the human cost, and the industries that benefit from it here not long ago if you're interested.
    Not to be indelicate (because this is an intrinsically gross subject, IMO), but there is more than just visual privacy at stake here: there is also the privacy of shall we say sounds and smells, to be as delicate as I can about it. I think you know what I mean. Plus, I don't know about you, but I can think of three very easy ways to circumvent the quality of visual "privacy" that typical bathroom stalls provide immediately.
    "Sounds and smells"? So the basis of a public policy should be that people want to maintain the illusion that, as the saying goes, theirs doesn't stink? Or do you mean that male flatulence is somehow essentially different and more offensive, and that the right to "privacy" should include a provision that girls and women should never be subjected to it? Seriously?

But let's get more to the point: the main reason why girls and women need separate bathrooms and locker rooms and shelters and such is safety. Physical safety. You are exposed and at your most vulnerable in spaces like these. The fear of rape specifically is the main thing that makes girls uncomfortable with the presence of a boy in the girl's restroom. That's what these girls are experiencing. I think that's serious anyway and that they shouldn't have to experience that fear daily at a taxpayer-funded high school.
    I don't buy the "most vulnerable spaces" line, P. Rape is probably least common in places where anyone can walk in at any time, such as a public restroom. I can think of any number of places in a school where the possibility of rape is far greater than the bathroom: empty classrooms, storage closets, to name just a couple.

The other side argues that the boy feels most comfortable in the girl's restroom and that that's the issue. Okay, well 20 girls feel uncomfortable with him being there: where is the concern of the law for their comfort? Why does the discomfort of one boy outweigh that of 20 girls in importance?
    Sorry for the brevity and incomplete nature of most of my answers, P. I probably shouldn't have started this when it was almost time to get ready to go to work. (I am back at work this week, but only doing half days.) I will address that last point at a later time, perhaps tonight. Take care!
    "The first thing you want to do after being shot is make sure you are not shot again." - Ace Atkins

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There appears to be no evidence that the boy is doing anything to transition beyond claiming to be a girl, and hence even some girls who support the transgender movement are skeptical of his claim to be female.
    Well, duh ...

Who's mind has this not crossed at the get-go?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Roman times, men and women often shared the same baths and restrooms. A public restroom would have ten or more potties in one open area.

+ Reply to Thread