User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air Force to Begin Shifting Research Funds to These Kinds of Next-Gen Weapons......

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Force to Begin Shifting Research Funds to These Kinds of Next-Gen Weapons......

Taking a page from Silicon Valley, the Air Force has set up a new way to fund science and technology in the areas it sees as most important to the race with China and Russia. To lead the effort the military service branch will create a new chief technology officer position to oversee the development of next-generation capabilities, the Air Force announced on Wednesday at the unveiling of the service’s new science and technology strategy for 2030.

The change: Air Force officials say they are setting aside $560 million from it’s $2.8 billion science and technology budget to fund big projects, and all the little science and research efforts that go along with it. It’s similar to the way Google’s X Lab funds lots of different types of science and technology research around specific, big programs like flying cars or delivering broadband through balloons. In essence, it’s money to fund ambitious new projects from the ground up.

Right now, the Air Force has no specific idea what those big projects will be.
    Subscribe

“The idea is to assess where our adversaries can’t easily go and get there first and fastest” Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson explained at a briefing for reporters. The service has established five research areas, which they’re calling “vanguards,” where they think they can “cause complexity for an adversary… not just [conduct] foundational research,” said Wilson.

Those areas are:

Global Persistent Awareness.
    Resilient Information Sharing
    Rapid, Effective Decision-Making.
    Complexity, Unpredictability, and Mass
    *Speed and Reach of Disruption and Lethality

The Air Force already has a chief technology officer, but that position handles the Air Force’s information technology efforts. The newly created CTO position will serve as a sort of new technology czar, so the Air Force will have an information technology CTO in the Office of Information Dominance and one in charge of vanguard efforts.

Wilson couldn’t say when the new CTO would be on the job, only that she had already signed the memorandum creating the position.....snip~

https://www.defenseone.com/technolog...ref=d-mostread

We will need more money than what the Air Force is saying. Lets take it from Planned parenthood and any Demo Green Projects they are come up with.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,002x in 18,683 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 helicopters flew over my house today, 6 Cobras and, a Chinook.....has nothing to do with the topic, but, it is military!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-22-2019)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get Air Force Transports over my house everyday.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect the Demos to do all they can to weaken the US.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    7 helicopters flew over my house today, 6 Cobras and, a Chinook.....has nothing to do with the topic, but, it is military!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I get Air Force Transports over my house everyday.
    I rarely see military aircraft in my area, but a couple years ago, there was this civilian -- I guess -- helicopter chop-chop-chopping over the area that had a big round bulb under its nose that was maybe 3-4 feet in diameter, maybe a camera or some sort of mapping or infrared device. It flew pretty low as if looking for something on the ground, and when I went outside to espy the spies, it maneuvered to a point right over me and hovered. Then when I moved, it moved, remaining directly over me. I stared at it like that for a few minutes, then went back inside, and it left to resume whatever it was doing over my area. It didn't have any markings that I could make out. As for the time it spent hovering over me, it wasn't particularly amusing or clever, and did seem a total waste of time for an amusement that no doubt cost somebody -- I suspect the taxpayers -- a chunk of change.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the fact that it was flying low enough that you could sense the chopper blades pounding the air, not one of my neighbors found it curious enough to come out of their houses to check it out. I was apparently the only one on the block, and mine was perhaps an inappropriate response.

Furthermore, even if it feels Orwellian, you never want to say that -- that it feels Orwellian -- because it only encourages more of what feels like Orwellian behavior because they suspect it bothers you and they want to scientifically verify that it does, and that $#@! is fun.

Oops ...

+ Reply to Thread